• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Well nuts.

freebird6

I changed my windshield to the Cee Bailey for winter but I ran across some well nuts with the windshield hardware. I have oft wondered if I should be using those but neither of my C14s came with them on the original shields. Thoughts?

Not understanding the reply. Neither of my Concours 14 came with well nuts on the shields but I have them from the aftermarket windshield hardware. Do most folks use them with the stock windshield mounts and if so do you use them in the upper and lower holes only or in all 3 mounting holes. I just bought the new plastic covers that go on the windshield and was trying to figure out if it is less likely to crack if I were using well nuts. The parts fiches do not show well nuts. Curious https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/kaw/50a99d8df87002235ccd807c/windshield

Arent the black covers held on by 2 bolts into well nuts..? The windshield itself is held down by4 total larger bolts...

Ive had mine apart a time or two so I can safely say that well nuts aren't used anywhere on the windshield assembly. The black plastic covers are held in place by shoulder bolts that thread directly into the brackets.

Ok... makes sense... i was having a senior moment... b ut i knew screen was definitely held down without well nuts...