• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What do you guys think of this deal ??

Big Mike

Mini Bike
Hello all new guy here with a question regarding price, I was quoted a price of $13,999 for 2011 from a dealer that price does not include tax or plate...

I found better deals out of state but by the time I pay the gas back in forth in my pickup the numbers start to even out..

What do you guys think of $13,999 plus tax and tag ??

Thanks, Mike

It's more than $1,000 of MSRP. But it's also now turning into a left over C14. The question has to be if you think it's a fair price. Time and travel must be taken into account to go out of state for purchasing elsewhere.

I was able to get mine for just over $13k in April (plus tax/title/license).  However, I did have to work for it a bit.  Considering that the '12s are on their way out now, you should be able to at least get close to that number.

big mike said:
Hello all new guy here with a question regarding price, I was quoted a price of $13,999 for 2011 from a dealer that price does not include tax or plate...

I found better deals out of state but by the time I pay the gas back in forth in my pickup the numbers start to even out..

What do you guys think of $13,999 plus tax and tag ??

Thanks, Mike
There is one on Ebay for 12795$ at Buy it now. for the $$ difference you can get me a ticket to it's location and i'll drive it to you (I enjoy long trips) :)

Thanks for the replies I still have not made up my mind !! My gut feeling is wait until spring and try for a leftover at a better deal....decisions~decisions

yeah, that crossed my mind also..

I forgot to mention the bike I'm looking at has ABS and traction control not sure if they are standard on the '11 or not ??

big mike said:
yeah, that crossed my mind also..

I forgot to mention the bike I'm looking at has ABS and traction control not sure if they are standard on the '11 or not ??

ABS & traction control are standard on '11 & '12.
I bought my '11 for under $13,300 2 miles from home.

I have decided to wait until spring and see what is out there for leftovers...Thank you all for the input.

telejojo said:
If you got any skymiles built up or can get a cheap one way ticket go and ride back.

Yes, that is always an option..

Earlier today I was out in my F150 when I got buzzed by a couple youngsters on sportbikes that looked like 600's (beginer bikes anyway) and I thought to myself count your blessings kiddies that I sold my ZX14 because if I was on it right now you would be getting eaten up by that thing..

Its best I sold it I'm getting to old and street racing is not cool anyway..

My local Kawasaki Dealer Friend & Friend here in central Maine doesn't have any '11 C-14's so I contacted a dealer in So. Maine, Reynolds Motorsports and they have a black one. They said they'll take my Busa in trade and take $2K off the '11 C-14 they have in stock and that would make it $13, 599. I'm negotiating now for a better price, hopefully they'll take at least another $300 off? I'm also debating whether to wait until spring and see if the '11 will still be available or just go with a '12 model. But I love the black color and $2K off makes this very appealing. One thing I do know is it will be hard parting with my '09 Hayabusa  :'( My head wants the Connie, but my heart loves my Busa! But maybe after I pay off the Connie a new Busa will be in my future especially if they have ABS and traction control by then.

Albert,

I know what you mean, if only I could afford, and had garage space for every motorcycle I want, I mean need, err, I mean lust after.  I feel lucky to have 3 bikes but would definitely have to give one up if I were to consider another.  :mad:

hi all, i have been looking at a new 14 as well, thinking of moving from my c10 to a better bike, the c10 is starting to cost me money, it is a 2000, i took a BMW 2002 k1200rs for a ride the other day, the guy wants 7000 for it and it has only 5000 miles, so after 2 weeks of thinking and the fact that it doesn't have much storage space, I am steering to a 14 in the spring. how does it feel to ride one. As i think i have just realized how under par the c10 is to newer bikes. eg braking was outstanding on the bmw and i am guessing the 14 is like wise,
andrew

Andrew_Howgego_CT said:
hi all, i have been looking at a new 14 as well, thinking of moving from my c10 to a better bike, the c10 is starting to cost me money, it is a 2000, i took a BMW 2002 k1200rs for a ride the other day, the guy wants 7000 for it and it has only 5000 miles, so after 2 weeks of thinking and the fact that it doesn't have much storage space, I am steering to a 14 in the spring. how does it feel to ride one. As i think i have just realized how under par the c10 is to newer bikes. eg braking was outstanding on the bmw and i am guessing the 14 is like wise,
andrew

I'm in the same situation with my C-10. I can tell you after riding an '11' C-14 this summer, there's no vibration. Its not like our bikes where at 4000 rpm you want to shift. You can ride them at higher rpm's and not feel any vibes. Its pretty nice. I can tell that riding one all day would be a pleasure. Other things like the adjustable windscreen are nice too. The brakes feel different being linked and ABS but I could get used to that. Mark

Guys, wait until the first day of March 2012. The dealers will still have 2010 and 2011 bikes and be DYING to get rid of them so they can put more 2012 bikes on the floor.

Buying now you can find some smoking deals, but my guess is, come next March, dealers will be begging you to buy those bikes.

Mike,
if you wait until spring to pick up the C14, prices will be going back up as that's the time of year everyone starts looking to get out and ride again.  I'd suggest you check with them in the dead of winter when their sales are at rock bottom.  Best negotiating time from my perspective.  :)

Sport Rider said:
Mike,
if you wait until spring to pick up the C14, prices will be going back up as that's the time of year everyone starts looking to get out and ride again.  I'd suggest you check with them in the dead of winter when their sales are at rock bottom.  Best negotiating time from my perspective.  :)

My thought exactly. I wouldn't wait past Feb.

Just bought a black 2011 today for $14k out the door from Rick Roush in Medina, Ohio. I was going to wait till I had all day to waste but in three phone calls the deal was done. Easiest big purchase I've ever made. When I got there to sign the paper work, I added the extended warranty for $350 so the total OTD was $14,372.75. Good luck in your purchase.

a 2012 will cost more than a 2011. Same bike. However, in 2 years a 2012 will be worth more than a 2011 by one year's less depreciation. Get the best deal you can on either! I love this bike!