• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What have your done to your C14 today

freebird6

Got it out of the trailer for the first time this winter. . Snow melting left rivers across the roads and high water in the fields up to the edge of the roadway but I am heading to GA in a week to take it apart and get it ready for the summer. My bro in laws big new shell bldg has tools and heat. Can't wait. Lots of plans. Noticed my AST lights are hinky with some of the bars in this photo missing now. Need to get the fuseblock and run the wires or remove and replace. Not counting on Ryan to be of any help at all.

bnDR7WsnTl2Dk6VAxiqtoA.jpg

zarticus

I installed a Copperdawg Windshield system today, I found a color matching one on ebay last month & bought it for 1/4 of what they cost new. I'm hoping I like it when I take a test ride sometime this week. I'm thinking it will be good for the summer heat here in Florida. The good thing is it only takes a couple minutes to switch out windshields so I can decide which I want to use depending on the ride/weather.

Attachments

• copperdawg lowered.jpg
    copperdawg lowered.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 39
  • copperdawg rased.jpg
    copperdawg rased.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 35

shoupeja

Since we are currently having a few nice days in a row - 60's and sunny - I decided to pull my 2011 out of winter storage. I pulled the battery cover to begin battery installation. When I pulled the cover off I noticed a piece of black plastic fall on the ground. As it turns out, when I pulled the cover off, the stud that fits on the rubber grommet of the metal battery cover broke off. See pics. So I thought I would just order a new outer cover. I checked on Partzilla... $57.71 for the cover and $6.06 for the foil inner liner. I also have a TechSpec cover on the outside that I would have to transfer over to the new part. Rather than spend the money and time, I think I'll just try to epoxy the stud back on. We'll see how that goes. It is not a load bearing part so this might just work out.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Back_With_Broken_Piece.jpg
    Back_With_Broken_Piece.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 14

TRM-KS

Working leisurely and carefully from March 7 to April 7, using the FSM and Fred Harmon's videos:

1. Valve adjustment and plug replacement. Twelve of sixteen were out (tight) and three of the remaining four were at the minimum. Used the adjustment kit from Murph's which was ideal. It doesn't include o-rings for the oil pipes but mine were so hard to pop out that I saw no real need to replace them anyway. Bought new shims from Rocky Mountain ATV & MC for $1.95 each.
2. Removed and cleaned air filter. It had only 490 miles on it.
3. Cleaned battery terminals and grounds. By "cleaned" I mean 600 grit sandpaper on the frame and the bolt shoulders. I do this regularly.
4. I removed the radiator for the valve adjustment, so I also tightened the header bolts. Several were practically finger loose.
5. Relocated the Garmin GPS power leads from the battery to the front accessory leads. Should have done that in the first place.
6. Lubed the windshield tracks per the FSM.
7. Double flushed and refilled the radiator.
8. Changed oil and filter.
9. Did some minor paint touch-ups here and there with ColorRite pens.

I still have a few miscellaneous jobs to do but the valve adjustment was the biggest and is now finished.

zarticus

I installed a Copperdawg Windshield system today, I found a color matching one on ebay last month & bought it for 1/4 of what they cost new. I'm hoping I like it when I take a test ride sometime this week. I'm thinking it will be good for the summer heat here in Florida. The good thing is it only takes a couple minutes to switch out windshields so I can decide which I want to use depending on the ride/weather.
"Update" The Copperdawg is great, Lot's of air for sure. I wish it came up about 6" taller but I will use it this summer in the intense Florida heat. Definetly not good for a rainey day !

zarticus

Last week I did everything I needed to do maintenance wise to be ready for a few long distance trips I'm taking this year.
1. Changed oil & filter
2. Changed Diff oil
3. Installed speed bleeder kit from Murphs
4. Flushed all Brake systems & Clutch system.
5. Installed new Air Filter
6. Installed new powered phone mount
7. Repainted Canyon Cages
8. Installed new Highway Pegs
9. Cleaned the underside of the bike real good while it was on the lift.
10. Mounted tire on front Ninja 14R rim I bought on ebay & installed. I Bent the original rim on a pot hole on the Blue Ridge Parkway last year.
Now all I have left is to Install new tires on my extra set of wheels for trips. I have 2 sets of rims so I always have new tires ready for long trips. I have a KDS system so programing my own Tire sensors is no problem.

chrismpero

Working leisurely and carefully from March 7 to April 7, using the FSM and Fred Harmon's videos:

1. Valve adjustment and plug replacement. Twelve of sixteen were out (tight) and three of the remaining four were at the minimum. Used the adjustment kit from Murph's which was ideal. It doesn't include o-rings for the oil pipes but mine were so hard to pop out that I saw no real need to replace them anyway. Bought new shims from Rocky Mountain ATV & MC for $1.95 each.
2. Removed and cleaned air filter. It had only 490 miles on it.
3. Cleaned battery terminals and grounds. By "cleaned" I mean 600 grit sandpaper on the frame and the bolt shoulders. I do this regularly.
4. I removed the radiator for the valve adjustment, so I also tightened the header bolts. Several were practically finger loose.
5. Relocated the Garmin GPS power leads from the battery to the front accessory leads. Should have done that in the first place.
6. Lubed the windshield tracks per the FSM.
7. Double flushed and refilled the radiator.
8. Changed oil and filter.
9. Did some minor paint touch-ups here and there with ColorRite pens.

I still have a few miscellaneous jobs to do but the valve adjustment was the biggest and is now finished.
Thats a lot of work, good job! I didn't see lubing the WS tracks but I actually recently did that too.

What color bike do you have? I have Moondust and got ColorRite pens and they didn't match. Ended up getting some from Touchupdirect and it looks good. Have yet to use it tho.

TRM-KS

Thats a lot of work, good job! I didn't see lubing the WS tracks but I actually recently did that too.

What color bike do you have? I have Moondust and got ColorRite pens and they didn't match. Ended up getting some from Touchupdirect and it looks good. Have yet to use it tho.
2010, Candy Neptune Blue. My pens were a perfect match, base color, top color, and clearcoat.

ZXtasy

Installed my tank bag and went grocery shopping for my 2 household's monday BBQ.
Pretty able Grocery Getter, might try touring on it some day, LOL

horsenuts123

I changed the oil and the air filter. Honestly the air filter was a PITA compared to the bikes I owned "back in the day". I got it done without pulling the mid fairing, since I have canyon cages installed, but pulled the windscreen because getting to the push pin behind it was impossible despite what the fsm says! Unbolting the wiring connector support bracket only cost me a little bit of skin on a couple knuckles and 1 lost plastic push pin for the heat shield. But, I'm glad it's done now because the filter that came out (15K miles) was toast.

Attachments

• Connie air filter.jpg
    Connie air filter.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 14

texas.devops902

Eager Upshifter in SW Houston
I finally got around to spending the 15 mins required to install Murph's Bearinged Upshifter. Then took it out for a quick spin to see how it felt and to be frank I'm not sure I noticed any difference. If anything, I think I'll need to adjust the linkage a bit because it doesn't feel like it's in the original position. Also noticed that I get a much more notchy feel on upshift, which is likely due to the pull length (needing adjustment). The way the OEM was built it looked to be fine, even with only a plastic spacer/bushing around the Kawa fat bolt. There wasn't any play in it at all, but then I'm still only at 6k miles so far. Maybe as we get closer to 20k things will start to get smooshed, but for now it still looked like new.

We'll see when I get out this weekend to the Twisted Sisters northwest of San Antonio. If anyone lives over that way, or is heading that way, we're staying in Bandera on Friday and Saturday night. Ping me if you want to hook up. We are a group of 3, being me on my C14 with wifey and two soloists on their HDs Road Kings. Happy to have more smiling faces joining.

1626902865159.png

kzz1king

I finally got around to spending the 15 mins required to install Murph's Bearinged Upshifter. Then took it out for a quick spin to see how it felt and to be frank I'm not sure I noticed any difference. If anything, I think I'll need to adjust the linkage a bit because it doesn't feel like it's in the original position. Also noticed that I get a much more notchy feel on upshift, which is likely due to the pull length (needing adjustment). The way the OEM was built it looked to be fine, even with only a plastic spacer/bushing around the Kawa fat bolt. There wasn't any play in it at all, but then I'm still only at 6k miles so far. Maybe as we get closer to 20k things will start to get smooshed, but for now it still looked like new.

We'll see when I get out this weekend to the Twisted Sisters northwest of San Antonio. If anyone lives over that way, or is heading that way, we're staying in Bandera on Friday and Saturday night. Ping me if you want to hook up. We are a group of 3, being me on my C14 with wifey and two soloists on their HDs Road Kings. Happy to have more smiling faces joining.

View attachment 29984
I did the bearing up at about 45000 and it was a huge improvement. The plastic sleeve was about gone on mine.