• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

What's the difference between a 150/80R16 Front and Rear tire?

GKreamer

Street Cruiser
I'm looking for a new rear tire and when I search 150/80R16 I see some tiles advertised as front and some as test in that size.  I'm looking on Amazon as I have Prime.  Is there a true difference?

Thanks

I believe there are also some internal differences in the way the plies are laid up, so that the plies in a tire are arranged for maximum strength while braking in the font tire, and for acceleration in the rear. And same for tread design. This is why motorcycle tires have arrows to indicate which direction they should be installed for.