• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wheel Weights

They can be hard to find,,Town Fair tire gives me 2 sticks of stick on's for free ;) Try here but I think they are going to be pricey http://www.alltiresupply.com/c-Motorcycle_Center_Rib_Weights.html and you have to buy 25 at a time in a given size,,lifetime supply. CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

I use the stick ons and get them free whenever I buy new tires for the cars or go in for my free routine rotations. I ask the guy doing the work if they have them and tell him that I do my own motorcycle tires and he usually leaves a few strips on the passenger seat for me. I get rid of my old tires this way, too. But, be sure to talk to the tech, not the guy at the counter. I asked him once about the old tires and he charged me a disposal fee.

I tried to talk nice to the desk guy at a tire shop around here where I've bought tires before, seeing if they'd sell me a couple weight strips. He gave me the "metal prices are high", "these are only for alloy wheels", bla bla bla. then tried to sell me at $6.50 for each strip. I won't be buying tires from him again! Back on topic, two stick on weights and matching duct tape to cover is what I did. ..dz.. 2003 Concours 1983 Honda Silverwing 2008 Yamaha Majesty (new) 2003 Honda XR70 (son's)

Bill said
I asked him once about the old tires and he charged me a disposal fee.
Strange,,they had no issue when I dropped them off in the fenced in area behind the shop,,but it was about midnight ;p CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

Yeah, I've thought about dropping them off when they are closed, but then my conscience says, "that's not right". Besides, they do it for me anyway and even if I get charged, the couple of bucks is worth not having to sneak around in the dark.

I found out today the local NAPA folks can get em after the guy checked around a good bit for me. I was about to get into my old tackle box for a bunch of sinkers.

I used to get them at NAPA when they would sell them by the strip. But, a couple of years ago, they changed and would only sell them by the box, a few people's lifetime supply for an ungodly price.

My local Wal-Mart sometimes goes through the sporting goods section and puts up some items at pretty good prices.... Among a bunch of those, I found a handful of lead weights, about 1.5 inches long, .125 inches thick, and about 3/8ths of an inch wide. They apparently came out of the golfing section (have no idea what they might be used for), but at any rate, one side has sticky tape on it. They are perhaps lighter than normal thicker wheel weights, but go on easily, stay on as long as necessary, and since they're lead-colored and low profile, don't protrude into your visual appreciation of your pretty wheels overmuch. I think I gave maybe 50 cents for a half dozen or so of these, and will keep my eyes peeled for more in future. Sahagan

I think some folks attach them to clubs to increase the weight, I never thought of using them for balance weights on the wheels but don't see why they wouldn't work.