• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wheelie on a K1600 GTL

Riding wheelies on a public street.  how dare that rider endanger himself and others doing such stunts.

(I'm actually just mad I can't do it myself)

;D

It's gotta be a trick.  It's a well established and widely recognized fact that shaft driven motorcycles do not wheelie.

BUT, if you can't get it up with 1.6 liters, you probably just can't get it up.  ;)

I once seen a fellow on a turbo charged C-10 do a wheelie......really, really I did.  Puts that wheelie on the K1600 to shame.  :c029:  Dang...that K1600GTL is a nice machine.

Looked real. There is a video on youtube of a c10 pulling a wheelie. I caught it before I bought mine.

kd50 said:
Looked real. There is a video on youtube of a c10 pulling a wheelie. I caught it before I bought mine.

HAH!  DO you believe everything you see on the internet?  :beerchug:

Just kidding.  I've seen a barefoot guy put a C-10 on the centerstand before too.  It really CAN happen.  :)

Rev Ryder said:
kd50 said:

HAH!  DO you believe everything you see on the internet?  :beerchug:

Just kidding.  I've seen a barefoot guy put a C-10 on the centerstand before too.  It really CAN happen.  :)

There is a C14 owner who has a you tube video putting his C14 up on the center stand using two fingers as well. It's do-able. People make much more out of putting the bike on the stand than they need to.

I'm famous!  :)  That's me with the 2 fingers and bare feet.  I agree, it's easy to do, it's 100% technique.  That's why I did the video actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astp0sJSrWQ

Its a trap...I know of a guy who revved his c10 and forgot it was in first and let go the clutch..his wheel went way up!!!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

RWJC said:
Its a trap...I know of a guy who revved his c10 and forgot it was in first and let go the clutch..his wheel went way up!!!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
You know what they say, "What goes up......  "  Of course the attitude at which it returns to terra firma and the condition of the rider's under garments at siad moment are... uh... let's just say, "subject to personal interpretation."
If I get on the bike, it's gonna wheelie or have some serious 'splaining to do.  ;D