• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Where to find top rubber coolant hose?

Strawboss

Kawasaki has discontinued this part, I doubt Murph will sell one part of a kit, I've changed all the other hoses except this one, many, many places say they have it but when you place the order, it is backordered. I'm starting today on google looking at places that may have NOS after exhausting all the usual suspects in searching for this part. Looking at it, you may be able to route it so there is no kinks with 1" heater hose. This is the rubber radiator hose that goes from the filler neck to the top of the radiator. Why they still make and offer all the other hoses and not this one is beyond me but I can't be the only person that needs this part. Thoughts?

I think you can buy a replacement hose from a Local Auto Store that fits a car.
Not sure which hose fits, but someone will know.

Ride safe, Ted

1" heater hose looks like it would work as it did with the lower hose which worked at the national, was just wondering if kinks will be an issue, routing it seems to be the trick.

Hope this helps! Post #s 4&5 down...........

Thanks, but it sounds like they sound like they are a bit big, I need just the top hose with the bends, 1" heater hose from O'reilly's works absolutely perfect and works perfect with the original clamps. I'll get the NAPA just because and we'll see, I'm in no hurry. Thanks again.

Thanks, but it sounds like they sound like they are a bit big, I need just the top hose with the bends, 1" heater hose from O'reilly's works absolutely perfect and works perfect with the original clamps. I'll get the NAPA just because and we'll see, I'm in no hurry. Thanks again.
Good hunting. Please be sure to post part numbers of what works, Thanks!

I bet you could find someone at Autozone or somewhere that would either let you take your hose in and compare or do it for you .

The issue is the small size or inside diameter, most all radiator hose is way too big for the Concours. Another idea I had is they also sell lengths of radiator hose for really old cars that have an accordian like look to them instead of molded curves with smooth ends for fastening to the metal male ends of the radiator. Something like that would work because the bend isn't that severe that is needed.

Someone here found some that worked awhile back at an auto parts store but did not think to save the part number . I want to say it was at Napa .

NAPA # 7741
Gates #21029
They are for a Suzuki Swift, a car, the ID is a bit bigger ie; a looser fit meaning bigger clamps needed and they have to be TIGHT. I'm sure they will work and I'll look at them but 1" heater hose worked great on the bottom hose.

OK, so I picked up NAPA #7741, $10.50, which they had in stock, by just eyeballing it, I'm sure it will work fine even with the little bend it may need to fit to the filler pipe, the inside diameter is EXACTLY the same as factory according to my dial calipers and expert measuring techniques using my pocket tape measure and my Mk1 vision app installed 60 years ago, 1". I will work on it next week and will report back.

As stated, the hose from NAPA works very good, the 90 degree bend goes towards the filler neck end, not the top of the radiator, this is to clear the metal tabs on the fuel tank, it looks strange as it's exactly opposite of the way the factory hose goes, I also trimmed off about 2 inches on each end to avoid any kinks, the hose is a tiny bit larger ID and a tiny bit larger OD than factory but it slips right on and I tightened the hose clamps good. At full right lock the fork tube ever so slightly touches the hose but it's not an issue really. Filled the saved coolant back up, ran up to temp, no problems. This factory part is unobtainable new, I've spent 2 weeks on the phone with virtually every parts place in business in the world and I cannot find it new anywhere. So there you have it. Thanks to all who have helped with knowledge and info.

And, FWIW - The hose that can be cut for all of the bottom sections is a NAPA #7741. Cost is about $12.00. The top straight hose is a NAPA H151, which comes in bulk. You tell them how many inches/feet you want.

As stated, the hose from NAPA works very good, the 90 degree bend goes towards the filler neck end, not the top of the radiator, this is to clear the metal tabs on the fuel tank, it looks strange as it's exactly opposite of the way the factory hose goes, I also trimmed off about 2 inches on each end to avoid any kinks, the hose is a tiny bit larger ID and a tiny bit larger OD than factory but it slips right on and I tightened the hose clamps good. At full right lock the fork tube ever so slightly touches the hose but it's not an issue really. Filled the saved coolant back up, ran up to temp, no problems. This factory part is unobtainable new, I've spent 2 weeks on the phone with virtually every parts place in business in the world and I cannot find it new anywhere. So there you have it. Thanks to all who have helped with knowledge and info.
Thanks for the detailed report. Keeping the Connie alive and in good fiddle can be a challenge for all of us. Sharing the down and dirty is always appreciated.

Kawasaki has discontinued this part, I doubt Murph will sell one part of a kit, I've changed all the other hoses except this one, many, many places say they have it but when you place the order, it is backordered. I'm starting today on google looking at places that may have NOS after exhausting all the usual suspects in searching for this part. Looking at it, you may be able to route it so there is no kinks with 1" heater hose. This is the rubber radiator hose that goes from the filler neck to the top of the radiator. Why they still make and offer all the other hoses and not this one is beyond me but I can't be the only person that needs this part. Thoughts?

Was a 39062-1164 the part you were looking for? Ron Ayers still shows it as being avail. ($46.40), Partzilla does not.

???

Yes Guy, NAPA #7741, and, 1" heater hose works too on the straight parts, a bit smaller than 1"ID so a small bit of vasoline works in slipping it over the metal pipes, same with the factory hoses, many, many places deal with each other, so if you ask a dealer they scan the aftermarket and other dealers and if the part #39062-1164 is available you can get it. The problem I was running into is A LOT of places say the part is in stock or available and they even let you order it and say its in stock but when it comes time to ship, they send you an email saying the part is unavailable, this happened more than once, Revzilla is one of the few places that came right out and said, no, the part is not made anymore. I told more than a few places to update their online parts availability but it seemed like a very low priority for most, so, talk to a human first before you order online.

Last edited:
Yes Guy, NAPA #7741, and, 1" heater hose works too on the straight parts, a bit smaller than 1"ID so a small bit of vasoline works in slipping it over the metal pipes, same with the factory hoses, many, many places deal with each other, so if you ask a dealer they scan the aftermarket and other dealers and if the part #39062-1164 is available you can get it. The problem I was running into is A LOT of places say the part is in stock or available and they even let you order it and say its in stock but when it comes time to ship, they send you an email saying the part is unavailable, this happened more than once, Revzilla is one of the few places that came right out and said, no, the part is not made anymore. I told more than a few places to update their online parts availability but it seemed like a very low priority for most, so, talk to a human first before you order online.

And that may be the case here. Figured I'd make one for the Gipper and put one on order. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
And that may be the case here. Figured I'd make one for the Gipper and put one on order. We'll see what happens.

And happening it ain't. After sending me a receipt for the "purchase" this morning, they turned right around about 20 minutes ago and had the audacity to tell me the part had been discontinued.

Geez! What in the world is a fella to do now?