• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Which day is better for the Javitz show get together????

Which day do you prefer to have COG gathering at NY IMS

• Total voters

terrynyc

Ok folks this is your chance to sound off and let me know which day you'd rather have our COG gathering.  So is it Fri evening, probably 7ish so folks can see the sights or stick with Saturday?

IMO, I would say Friday, but earlier, say 4 or 5PM. I think 7 would be too late for some folks (like me) to hang out then travel home after. I myself can only spend so much time walking around the show. Killing 7 hours after the shows opening (noon on Friday) would be brutal. NYC sucks enough that I do not want to spend any more time than necessary.  :))  I think 4 or 5 would allow folks time to walk around and maybe still hand out with the COG folks after. Of course this is just my opinion

I don't care which day, if it avoids crowds.  I've heard from several people that Friday is better for that.  And I agree with Bob about an earlier time.  Only problem then is we run into the dinner crowds.  But I can deal with the dinner crowds better, since the group would be together at that point. 

I bet we can really avoid the crowds if we all show up on Monday.  ;D

I've been fortunate to be able to get the day off to do the NY show on FRI since 2007. (and sometimes SAT too to hang with the COG crew)  The show opens to the public 12p, FRI and I'm out of there by 3:30-4p. Show floor traffic is tends to be significantly lighter because people are at work. I've heard it gets busier in the evening.

I'm down for FRI, but not sure how many others can get the day off.

Bump!

The Javitz show has been moved up to December so anyone thinking of attending who would like to voice an opinion on the day to meet, now's the time!

Friday evening or Saturday afternoon as usual.  Also would everyone prefer  Heartland Brewery again or change it up.  There is a steakhouse not far from Javitz but I need  to some recon on it.  Also right across from Penn Station on 8 Ave is an Irish pub called Tir na Nog (www.tirnanognyc.com).  Nice ambiance food is ok. 

Let's hear it folks!  your input is appreciated.

Well, if its the same bike show that I have gone to every year at the Javitts Center, I thought it was always in January?
Two friends and I usually drive 2+ hours to Poughkeepsie and take the Metro North to NYC to avoid all the tolls and traffic.
We almost always go on Saturday and then head over to Times Square for a delicious dinner at Bubba Gumps overlooking the square outside.
I did vote for Saturday myself.

III

PROMO CODE APPLIED: PCSH14

Adult 1-Day General Admission  $18.00 $15.00
You save $3.00.(Plus $1.00 Service Fee)

I planned a meet & greet for Saturday since I knew for sure I would not be going back on a Saturday after last years fiasco on Saturday. So if I go to the show this year (which I normally do), it would have to be Friday. But do what works for you Terry, since you're hosting it.

Susan and I will do whatever day is decided although Friday got my vote due to lower crowds.  :beerchug: pub grub sounds good as well!!

My biggest problem with Friday is I would have to take the day off.  Which means I have to put in for it at least a month before and hope I get it.  Let's see how the vote goes.

tickets purchased!!  :great: now all we need to do is figure out what day is best.  :beerchug: BTW, "PCSH14" promo code was the only one that worked for me when purchasing tickets. see you all there. :)

Okay folks looks like Saturday wins by one vote and the fact that when I called to see if I could put in for Friday I was too late! :))

Sooooo......start gathering by the Connie at about 2:30 pm and we head out to our chow spot at 3 pm.  I've decided to try another spot this year.  It's called Tir Na Nog, an Irish pub located at 5 Penn Plaza (at W 33 St and 8 Ave, right across from Penn Station).  Take a gander at www.tirnanognyc.com.  It's closer than Times Square and right next to Penn Station.  Anyone who misses the bug out can always meet us there. 

Now I just need to order my ticket.....it'll be here before you know it!

Terrynyc said:
Okay folks looks like Saturday wins by one vote and the fact that when I called to see if I could put in for Friday I was too late! :))

Sooooo......start gathering by the Connie at about 2:30 pm and we head out to our chow spot at 3 pm.  I've decided to try another spot this year.  It's called Tir Na Nog, an Irish pub located at 5 Penn Plaza (at W 33 St and 8 Ave, right across from Penn Station).  Take a gander at www.tirnanognyc.com.  It's closer than Times Square and right next to Penn Station.  Anyone who misses the bug out can always meet us there. 

Now I just need to order my ticket.....it'll be here before you know it!

Tir Na Nog....  That was my after IMS Friday stop last year.  Wonderful place. Their staff was incredible and the shepards pie was excellent, plus they have Boddingtons on draught.

One more thing!  For any early risers out there who like to get an early start, we'll be having breakfast at the Tick Tock Diner on 8 Ave and 34 St.  We usually meet there between 8 and 8:30 am to put some grease in our bellies and then head out to the show.  Let me know if your planning on coming out early. :great:

Terrynyc said:
One more thing!  For any early risers out there who like to get an early start, we'll be having breakfast at the Tick Tock Diner on 8 Ave and 34 St.  We usually meet there between 8 and 8:30 am to put some grease in our bellies and then head out to the show.  Let me know if your planning on coming out early. :great:
Earliest train doesn't roll into Penn until 8:50.  But I'll let you know if my son and I will be on it.