• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Whitefish MT, Banff and Jasper CA trip planned

Hello everyone. Getting ready to head out Saturday morning for Glacier, Banff and Jasper for two weeks. If anyone is in the area and wants to meet up, let me know. We got several sites already picked out but have never been. Anyone got some "must sees" recommendations. We of course will be doing the road to the sun and other obvious things. Looking for the non-touristy sites that may not be so obvious. Thanks, Jay

Hello everyone. Getting ready to head out Saturday morning for Glacier, Banff and Jasper for two weeks. If anyone is in the area and wants to meet up, let me know. We got several sites already picked out but have never been. Anyone got some "must sees" recommendations. We of course will be doing the road to the sun and other obvious things. Looking for the non-touristy sites that may not be so obvious. Thanks, Jay
I am leaving Sunday morning from eastern ND. Heading out on Hyw 2. I am bypassing the the Sun road. I think you actually need a pass or appointment to run it during certain hours. Supposed to pretty hot.

What's your destination? We have passes, which took some planning as they limit the hell out of them. Hopefully it pays off and don't have crazy traffic like I did when in Maui doing the road to Hanna.

What's your destination? We have passes, which took some planning as they limit the hell out of them. Hopefully it pays off and don't have crazy traffic like I did when in Maui doing the road to Hanna.
I am heading up to aeureka, Yakk, Bonners Ferry, Hope. Down past Cordelane and take the St.Joe river road back into Montana. Will see from there. I shy away from anything touristy . Hate passing all those campers .

I understand that completely. Last year we did the Dakotas and Wyoming passing hundreds of big rigs in high winds. Felt really bad for my friend on his adventure bike. Size matters in those conditions. Have fun and ride safe.

I was just in the area a couple weeks ago. Things I enjoyed on the trip. I came from Wisconsin, so coming west I took I-90 to Sheridan, WY. Out of Sheridan I took 14 which splits at some point. I took the southern route. Both roads are very nice. Southern route had some nice switchbacks and lots of wildlife. I saw 5 different moose and a herd of approximately 70 Elk. Then to Cody, did Chief Joseph (great road), Beartooth (One of my favorite passes), Southwestern yellowstone, Tetons, then headed north towards coeur d'Alene, ID. A great hidden gem is south of Darby,MT on 93. As a bonus you can see the yellowstone ranch from the tv show yellowstone. Lolo pass is always great. Took 2 east to kalispell. Don't quote me on this, but had a local tell me that after 5pm you can get into the park to do Road to the Sun without reservations. We took a chance because I heard they would do a limited drawing for the following day. They let us in and at that time of the day traffic was very light. Road to the sun is not a great motorcycling road for riding, but the views are second to none. A must see. Have not been to Baniff or Jasper, but sounds spectacular. Hope you have a great trip. Please report back of any gems you stumble upon.