• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Who's your Daddy? Fat Daddy! - Ride to Eat - Saturday, June 2nd

COG-528

^-^

Come join us Saturday, June 2nd for a Ride to Eat at Fat Daddy's Southern  Bar-B-Q in Easton, PA just across the stateline from NJ.  Fat Daddy’s Southern Bar-B-Q specializes in melt-in-your-mouth,
421.gif
  true Southern barbecue, served up in generous portions.  Its a chance to meet some of the local COG family and friends and enjoy some delicious Southern style Bar-B-Q.  All are welcome with no need to be a COG member to come join in the fun.  So don't be square, be there.
72.gif

Location:  Fat Daddy's Southern Bar-B-Q   Meeting Time: 12:02 PM
Address:  1602 Sullivan Trail Easton, PA 18040

Note: GPS & Google Maps show the location as being 0.1 mile South of the actual location.

Directions:  Fat Daddy's Southern Bar-B-Q is located in the Fire House Plaza, next to Forks Township Fire & Police Dept.  It is 2.2 miles South of Braden Airpark

From US-22 Eastbound:
  • [size=12pt]Exit at 4th St towards PA-248/PA-611
    [*][size=12pt]Turn Left on Buskill St

• [*]Turn Left at light - N 3rd St
    [*]Follow below directions to Fat Daddy's

From US-22 Westbound:
  • Exit at Easton onto Snyder St (immediately after PA-611 exit)
    [*]Turn Right at Light - N 3rd St
    [*]Follow below directions to Fat Daddy's

N 3rd St To Fat Daddy's
  • Continue straight on to College Drive which becomes Cattell St
    [*]Turn Left onto Knox Ave
    [*]Continue straight onto Sullivan Trail 0.2 miles to Fat Daddy's on left.

051bye.gif
Click this link to register for this event and please indicate in your comments if you will be joining us for breakfast or just meeting us for lunch.

Breakfast:
421.gif

There will be a group meeting for 8 AM breakfast at Rhodes North Tavern in Sloatsburg, NY to ride the back roads to Fat Daddy's for Noontime lunch.  Kickstands will go up at 9 AM.  So you can join us for the ride or meet us there.  All are welcome with no need to be a COG member to come join in the fun.

rhodesfront.jpg

Rhodes North Tavern 40 Orange Turnpike (NY-17) Sloatsburg, NY

Note: If coming for breakfast be sure to park in the parking lot on the North end of Rhodes North Tavern (left side in photo) because the lot on the South end is not paved.

Directions: Rhodes North Tavern is located a short distance from the junction of I-87 (NY Thruway) & I-287.

From NJ, the Tappan Zee Bridge and points South

• Take I-87 (NY Thruway) North to Exit 15A NY-17 & 59 Sloatsburg - Suffern.
  • Turn left at Light onto NY-17 North
  • Follow NY-17 North 2.2 miles to Rhodes North Tavern on right. 

From points North, take I-87 (NY Thruway) South to Exit 15A NY-17 & 59 Sloatsburg - Suffern.

• Turn right off Exit onto NY-17 North.
  • Turn Left at STOP sign
  • Follow NY-17 North 2.3 miles to Rhodes North Tavern on right.

From Bear Mountain Bridge take the scenic fun route to Sloatsburg.
wink.gif

• US-6 West to Long Mtn Traffic Cir.
  • Take 2nd exit from Long Mtn Circle onto Seven Lakes Dr for a 14 mile scenic ride through Harriman State Park to Sloatsburg
  • Turn Left at light onto NY-17 South
  • Go 0.5 miles to Rhodes North Tavern on left.

051bye.gif
Click this link to register for this event and please indicate in your comments if you will be joining us for breakfast or just meeting us for lunch.

c017.gif

^-^

Well I took a check ride :motonoises: out to Fat Daddy's Southern Bar-B-Q on Sunday and the ride route
5117941-curvy-road-going-through-a-forest-in-the-mountains.jpg

[size=12pt]I'm going to follow after breakfast at Rhodes North Tavern looks good.  ;)

[size=12pt]Are you coming for breakfast or just meeting us for lunch?  It all is going to be delicious. :)

Please
pretty_please.gif
click this link to register so we can give Fat Daddy's a count and indicate in your comments if you will be joining us for breakfast or just meeting us for lunch.

:c017:

[size=12pt]Just 12 days before we  :motonoises: Ride to Eat 
421.gif
  at

fatdaddys_logo.png

Y'all come join us now!  Ya heah?

Please
pretty_please.gif
click this link to register so we can give Fat Daddy's a count and indicate in your comments if you will be joining us for breakfast or just meeting us for lunch.

I might meet you guys at Fat Daddy's... all depends on how fast I can get back from Long Island.

I can't wait.  Good BBQ and great roads what else could you ask for.  Mike I'll meet you there for breakfast first.

I'm hoping to attend for my first "official" COG meet :)  I'm just wavering on whether on meeting for Bfast or just lunch.  Bfast is a 3 hr run for me and would mean pulling out of my driveway at O'darkthirty. And - since I'd be covering miles/time to just get there, it wouldn't be on the fun roads (I95/80/287? yuck) So - will probably meet up in Easton.  I'll update the official calendar next week when I've made up my mind.

Anyone attending from Chester County, PA area and want to meet up for the ride to/from?

Mark

EmptyG said:
I'm hoping to attend for my first "official" COG meet :)  I'm just wavering on whether on meeting for Bfast or just lunch.  Bfast is a 3 hr run for me and would mean pulling out of my driveway at O'darkthirty. And - since I'd be covering miles/time to just get there, it wouldn't be on the fun roads (I95/80/287? yuck) So - will probably meet up in Easton.  I'll update the official calendar next week when I've made up my mind.

Anyone attending from Chester County, PA area and want to meet up for the ride to/from?

Mark
8)

If you can't find anyone more local, Wayne Sikorski is planning on riding North along the river from New Hope, PA.  May be you can hook up with him.

[size=12pt]Just 8 days before we  :motonoises: Ride to Eat 
421.gif
  at

fatdaddys_logo.png

Please
pretty_please.gif
don't forget to click this link to register so we can give Fat Daddy's a count.  And please indicate in your comments if you will be joining us for breakfast or just meeting us for lunch.

COG-528 said:
EmptyG said:

Mark
8)

If you can't find anyone more local, Wayne Sikorski is planning on riding North along the river from New Hope, PA.  May be you can hook up with him.

Plans have changed. Helene has a choir thing, so, I'll be running up to Sloatsburg to meet for breakfast. My route will be 295-206-287-17. Leaving here at around 0600.

Just 4 days before we  :motonoises: Ride to Eat 
421.gif
  at

fatdaddys_logo.png

Hopefully the weather will improve compared to the current Accuweather forecast. 
2746386680102652906S200x200Q85.jpg
  [size=12pt]Otherwise we may need to go to a rain date of the Saturday after I get back from the National,  June 23rd. 

Please
pretty_please.gif
don't forget to click this link to register so we can give Fat Daddy's a count.  And please indicate in your comments if you will be joining us for breakfast or just meeting us for lunch.

Just 3 days and a wakeup before we  :motonoises: Ride to Eat 
421.gif
  at

fatdaddys_logo.png

The current Accuweather forecast calls for a possible thunderstorm
t-h.png
at breakfast in Sloatsburg with the rest of the day being cloudy.
mc-h.png
  [size=12pt]Easton is supposed to just be cloudy
mc-h.png
all day.  So right now it does NOT look like we will need to go to a rain date of the Saturday after I get back from the National,  June 23rd. 

Please
pretty_please.gif

I'd come to this but its my usual first Saturday of the month mc meeting and I'm Treasurer, so if I don't show up they will call the cops on me. "JR stole our funds!"  :truce:

JR said:
I'd come to this but its my usual first Saturday of the month mc meeting and I'm Treasurer, so if I don't show up they will call the cops on me. "JR stole our funds!"  :truce:
What kind of club has their meetings on Saturday?  Meetings are supposed to be during the week so you can go riding on the weekends.  I think you should skip the meeting and come buy everyone's Southern Bar-B-Q lunch.  :))

I think I will start pondering route to dad down from ct . I am on call so can't commit till Friday night but it looks good . Wayne where r you heading on 95 sth. I am thinking of going 84/87 for breaky

OK - I'm "officially" registered for the lunch meet.  I'll be riding up from the western Cherster County area - probably routing towards/around pottstown/quakertown to the river and then north to easton.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.
thanks
Mark

^-^

Just 2 days and a wakeup before we  :motonoises: Ride to Eat 
421.gif
  at

fatdaddys_logo.png

The current updated Accuweather forecast calls for possible rain
r-h.png
at 6AM in Sloatsburg and the rest of the day being cloudy.
mc-h.png
with the exception of a possible thunderstorm
t-h.png
at Noon  [size=12pt]But we will be in Easton by Noon enjoying
421.gif
delicious Bar-B-Q and it is supposed to be partly sunny
psu-h.png
there all day.  I will keep watching the weather forecast but right now it looks like we are good to go! :wee_hee: 

Please
pretty_please.gif

Btw, I have a GPS file of the route from Rhodes North Tavern to Fat Daddy's available for anyone who requests a copy.  Just send me an email and I will send it to you.

I will be linking up with you all at Fat Daddy's since it is less than 20 miles from my house.  I look forward to being able to put faces to already familiar names!

Just 1 day and a wakeup before we  :motonoises: Ride to Eat 
421.gif
  at

fatdaddys_logo.png

EmptyG said:
OK - I'm "officially" registered for the lunch meet.  I'll be riding up from the western Cherster County area - probably routing towards/around pottstown/quakertown to the river and then north to easton.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.
thanks
Mark
[size=12pt]PA-663 between Pottstown and Quakertown is very straight and boring.  But PA-212 from Quakertown to PA-611 South of Riegelsville is a nice ride and PA-611 North to Easton is also nice.

Btw, Google Maps put the location for Fat Daddy's approximately 0.2 miles South of the actual location.  Fat Daddy's is actually located next to the Forks Township Municipal Complex in the Firehouse Plaza, next door to Firehouse Billiards.

It's gonna rain so I gotta bail.  For me to get to the tavern by 8am I have to leave my house at 7am and I really don't want to ride in the rain unless I have to.  For those that do make it, ride safe and eat well.

The weather looks good here and in Easton. Only a 30% chance of showers in Sloatsburg ending by 0700. I'll be packing the rain gear in the off chance that it does rain a bit.

See you gents at breakfast. I'll be leaving here at 0600, my cell is 856-904-2364 if plans for the breakfast meet change while I'm heading up northways.

Maybe next time Alex... :(

Hey Alex...Ten stinkinkin minutes of rain up near Mawah, then sunshine and blue skies for the rest of the ride. Ya, missed a good one.

Thanks Mike for setting this one up, and, for the lead, on those great roads over to to the BBQ joint. Nice meeting everyone today.

Got in a few minutes ago with 283 miles on the clock.

Here is some of what y'all missed by not Riding to Eat at Fat Daddy's Southern Bar-B-Q.

Baby Back Ribs
421.gif

Webshots image missing
2113413050102652906S600x600Q85.jpg

Pulled Pork Sandwich
421.gif

Webshots image missing
2837032150102652906S600x600Q85.jpg

The Fat Daddy's Ride to Eat Riders  :motonoises:
Webshots image missing
2907213120102652906S600x600Q85.jpg

L-R: Dave Fridirici, Wayne Sikorski, Dawn Fridirici, Mike Aldea, Bob Spine & Mark Gregg,

Topster answering the question, Who's your Daddy?  :-\
Webshots image missing
2291915060102652906S600x600Q85.jpg

Me thinks Topster has developed an excessive fondness for livestock.  :rotflmao:

:c017: y'all for coming.  We'll have to schedule another Ride to Eat to Fat Daddy's so Gigantor, Cap'n Bob & anyone else who missed out can get a chance to enjoy the good roads and delicious eats.

Mike - thanks for organizing the "excuse" for a ride :)  It was nice to put some faces to handles on the board. 
Total for the day was ~220 miles - left my place at 8:45, returned home at 3:45. Returned home via 22/100/222/662/345.  Not the straightest line, but avoided traffic most of the way (well - once I was past Allentown anyway).

Oh - and a couple more stops for your BBQ tour - Jimmy's/Frazer PA, Hoods BBQ/Unionville, PA

seeya next time!

Mark

Cap'n Bob said:
COG-528 said:
Another ride to good eats for my Smoke Chasing Tour.
421.gif

Mike, is that that book you had and we needed to take a picture up in Hamlin?

Yes.  Last year it was a book, this year they give you a flag instead.  I got photos of BBQ joints in Maryland, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee (3), Arkansas (5) and North Carolina on my trip.  Unfortunately the one I got in North Carolina won't count unless I also get the mandatory NC stop, Ole Time Barbeque in Raleigh, NC.  In my younger days I would have gone crazy trying to pick up BBQ joints in every state I could possibly reach.  Now I just use it as an excuse to go for a ride or align a route.

Well there's a couple around here. They seem to be popping up.  There's the one that burned on 32 last year. They will be re-opening. There's one or two in Middletown. There's one on Rt9 just south of 301 (that could be on the way to big W).

Yeah I hear that Texas BBQ on Route 9 has finally put up a sign with their name on it.  Plus I can also visit the Barnstormer in Fort Montgomery.