• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Why Mountain Runner Premium kicks butt in the real world

Steve in sunny Fla

Iron Butt
Industry Vendor
Over the years, I've taken a fair amount of heat from some folks who think the dyno is the be all and end all for tuning. Yet Mountain Runner / Mountain Runner Premium wouldn't exist if not for my willingness to datalog and street tune. Smooth engine braking can't be built on a dyno, it's something that must be done by actually riding and tuning from the riders perspective. Here's a video that explains the differences in tuning methods very well. Nope, not me, but he's 100% spot on. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Over the years, I've taken a fair amount of heat from some folks who think the dyno is the be all and end all for tuning. Yet Mountain Runner / Mountain Runner Premium
Wouldn't exist if NOT for my willingness to datalog and street tune. Here's a video that explains the differences very well. Nope, not me, but he's 100% spot on. Enjoy!

Good information, good video, good presentation.