• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wideband recommendations

OK - I'll be the village idiot - what's a "wideband setup"?
Itā€™s almost like a powerband on a two stroke but the wider the band the easier it is to tune. Iā€™m looking for a 2-3 foot band. Lol. Jk. Itā€™s basically an o2 sensor but most o2 sensors rear the afr in a narrow bandwidth. Idk exactly but probably like 15 afr to 12 afr. A wideband covers a larger gap in air fuel ration like 9:1-16:1. Iā€™m not 100% sure the parameters but you get the idea. Itā€™s connected to a gauge that displays the afr(air fuel ratio) and a data logger so you can try to adjust your carbs by perfecting the air fuel ration. I went to 36mm carbs from the stock 32mm carbs and there are lots of variables. I want to connect a wide band so I can precisely tune the Frankenstein carbs on my bike. I plan on changing cams and building the engine too so Iā€™d be just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks without one. I have just as much fun tuning this bike as I do riding it. I rode it all winter in the northeast usa. Sun freezing temps and all.