• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wifey gave me a day pass today...

skiee

So I headed to Glendora Mtn Range!! The temps were awesome and there was no one on the roads!!
Headed up Hwy. 39 to Crystal Lake then back down and up GMR to GRR and down.
2 things I agree with everyone on:
1) I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!
2)OEM tires suck on tar snakes!! Took a pic of them that were all over GRR on the way down...

Attachments

• GMR5 (640x361).jpg
    GMR5 (640x361).jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 119
  • GMR6 (640x361).jpg
    GMR6 (640x361).jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 127
  • GMR7 (218x124).jpg
    GMR7 (218x124).jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 112
A few more....

Attachments

• GMR2.jpg
    GMR2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 104
  • GMR1.jpg
    GMR1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 117
  • GMR10 (361x640).jpg
    GMR10 (361x640).jpg
    262 KB · Views: 108
Now see, I was thinking something completely different  ;) Yeah, them stockers are best ground up and used for ground cover mulch.

JimBob said:
They never seem to bother me...am I doing something wrong?
They never bother me unless I'm railing through a corner.  You get the most "pucker creating" sensation when hitting them while leaned over hard.  Front tire feels like it's slipping 1-2" towards the outside of the corner.  Probably because it is.

runnerb0y said:
JimBob said:
They never seem to bother me...am I doing something wrong?
They never bother me unless I'm railing through a corner.  You get the most "pucker creating" sensation when hitting them while leaned over hard.  Front tire feels like it's slipping 1-2" towards the outside of the corner.  Probably because it is.

LOL...ok, that explains it. I may as well be riding a cruiser for how....uh, tamely I ride my Connie. Guess I'm just too terrified of going down - been there, done that. Hell, a simple fall while walking these days may take forever for me to recover, and maybe not ever recover.

Plus I can't imagine going down with the wife on the back...oh hell no that ain't ever gonna happen! 

I can usually deal with the tar snakes, but this road was just loaded with em. Not to mention I don't trust the stock tires.
I'll put a couple grand more then hopefully get the PR4s(if still bkordered) or even the Avon 3Ds.