• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wild Wasatch Regional Rally Travel thread

OMoaC

So here is my current plan. Run up to SLC from Vegas on Thursday on a slab power ride. Depends on whether the Counterweight can go, if so may make it a 2 day with a stay in Cedar City Thursday night and flower sniffing and turning and burning through awesome So. UT on Fri. Lotsa places for AZ, NV and CA members to jump in on the way up. Lemme know and we'll be watching for ya. As always travelers have a room at the Garagio in Hendo if needed. Looking forward to C'ing old friends and meeting new ones! C U in the Wasatch.  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

I was thinking

Thursday: Central Valley CA to Austin, NV
Friday: Austin to Provo UT (Rally Central)

or

Wednesday: Central Valley CA to Tonopah, NV
Thursday: Tonopah to Cedar City UT area
Friday: Cedar City to Provo UT (Rally Central) via UT Hwy 12 through Torrey :)

WANDRNG said:
I was thinking

Thursday: Central Valley CA to Austin, NV
Friday: Austin to Provo UT (Rally Central)

or

Wednesday: Central Valley CA to Tonopah, NV
Thursday: Tonopah to Cedar City UT area
Friday: Cedar City to Provo UT (Rally Central) via UT Hwy 12 through Torrey :)
Your really starting to take a hankering to those Northern NV towns which has me concerned a bit. C U There Buddy!  :beerchug: :great:

Here is a little sneak peak at Gateway, Colorado for those that can take this route.

You gotta love the sign. :)

Attachments

• Gateway.jpg
    Gateway.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 93
"The Garagio"

Dude, you need to set up a lawn sprinkler, play some music, and take a video.

:rotflmao:

CaffeineMan said:
"The Garagio"

Dude, you need to set up a lawn sprinkler, play some music, and take a video.

:rotflmao:
Oh Yeah Man, We got fountains and fireworks and even those dudes handing out cards from the strip for Juicy Lucy and discount tickets to the Boom Boom Room :)) :)) :))

Is it time yet? Can we leave now? No?

Dang. I'm ready for this rally to start.  :motonoises:

Anybody up for an overnighter in Cedar City Thursday night? Lemme know and I'll see if we can get a group room discount.  :beerchug:

Old Man on a Connie said:
Anybody up for an overnighter in Cedar City Thursday night? Lemme know and I'll see if we can get a group room discount.  :beerchug:
Me.

We gonna jump over an hit that there Hwy 12?  :motonoises:
https://goo.gl/maps/PEbwM8YELYB2

Since CC is less than 3hrs from Provo the straight way.

Me! :great:

So 3 rooms for Thurs in CC? Dan, I think I still have your stuff from the BC, unless my dog ate it  ;)

Hwy 12 is definitely worth the effort.

Along that route is "Slacker Burger" in Torrey.  It is close to Capitol Reef (a must see), and has a great line up of award winning burgers, fries, and ice cream to offer.  YUUM!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/slackers-burger-joint-torrey

Attachments

• Yuum.jpg
    Yuum.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 95
OMC, which route are you taking from CC to Provo. I won't be going into CC but I will be traveling up 89 a ways.

Cdawg

CDawg1506 said:
OMC, which route are you taking from CC to Provo. I won't be going into CC but I will be traveling up 89 a ways.

Cdawg
Dunno yet. Will have a bunch of time to get there. Um, the twistiest one?  :motonoises: :beerchug: ;)

CDawg1506 said:
Dunno yet. Will have a bunch of time to get there. Um, the twistiest one?  :motonoises: :beerchug: ;)

<subliminal post>
12 12 12 12    You want to ride Hwy 12    Hwy 12 to Torrey to 89  >:D

</subliminal post>

Hi Mark,

It looks like Attila and I will be coming and we would be up to staying in Cedar City Thursday night. Might be more riders coming but not sure yet....

:motonoises: :motonoises:  :great:

Rusty said:
Hi Mark,

It looks like Attila and I will be coming and we would be up to staying in Cedar City Thursday night. Might be more riders coming but not sure yet....

Russ, is Pam going? Kathy is going to make this one.

Hi Dan,

No I do not
Charby said:
Rusty said:
Hi Mark,

Russ, is Pam going? Kathy is going to make this one.
[/quote

I do not think she can make it. A trip for her work is during that time...Wish she could.  Be good to see you and Kathy again!

Dropped a message to the place we were at for RRR part deux in Cedar City UT. for a possible room discount on Thursday night. Keep ya'll posted.

Dropped a message to the place we were at for RRR part deux in Cedar City UT. for a possible room discount on Thursday night. Keep ya'll posted.
Any word from the past hotel?

WANDRNG said:
Working it. Hope to have a reply this weekend. THREAD HIJACK!!!!!!!!!!!! also working on lodging for Kernville and Prescott. You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread.  :)

WANDRNG said:
Working it. Hope to have a reply this weekend. THREAD HIJACK!!!!!!!!!!!! also working on lodging for Kernville and Prescott. You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread.  :)

Mark, I made reservations at the Super 8 in CC. Using up some hotel points.

Charby said:
WANDRNG said:

Mark, I made reservations at the Super 8 in CC. Using up some hotel points.
Can't beat that. We'll get hooked up :great:

Didn't have much joy on a discount. Not a big enough group. I'll be joining Charby at the super 8. Looks like a 60 buck rate. How about this for a route up into Provo? https://goo.gl/maps/syicRUn5egm

Didn't have much joy on a discount. Not a big enough group. I'll be joining Charby at the super 8. Looks like a 60 buck rate. How about this for a route up into Provo? https://goo.gl/maps/syicRUn5egm
Looks to be a very good route to me! I guess we will be at the Super 8 too...I will book a couple of rooms in the next few days.

See you all on the 14th!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

2 of us so far leaving from mid-California

Meeting in Oakdale on the 13th and riding the 108 or 120 over the Sierras to Tonopah NV

14th is Tonopah to Cedar City to meet up with a larger group,

then 15th to Wild Wasatch in Provo with the northbound gang.

Welcome to join us.

Something like
https://goo.gl/maps/rakkiNQ6kL62

Who you dragging with you Keith? Inquiring minds and all.
Thor Rider who joined up in July and attended the Santa Cruz Mnts RTE as his first event.  He can't make it for the WW weekend, but is going to ride at least Wednesday to Tonopah and then head back home next day.

If I can get a room in CC for Thursday I'll come that way instead of a flat run across 80 to Provo. It's about the same distance/time. I can't leave until Thursday morning so I'll be coming in late evening. Roughly 10 1/2 hours ride time.

Thank you everyone for the help. It's after midnight here but I did get through and now have rooms for Tonopah on the 13th, CC on the 14th and Provo for the 15-16th. Now if all goes as planed I'll be home on the 8th after  23 hours in the air.    Of course we'll have luxury web seats and cargo nets to sleep in/on.  :-[ Oh yeah, it's air-conditioned as in unheated.

Very Cool! Indeed, to get home two days early I'm riding in a cargo bay instead of an airliner. Any idea how "Cool" it is at 40k feet with no heat, well actually there is some heat. It's bleed air powered and is either blazing hot or off. Of course it's controlled by the bus driver who half the time is sleeping :eek: .

Thanks WANDRNG, I got the info. This is easier. Email goes through mil.gov hits So. Cal. gets censured then forwarded into civilian sys. Oops, no secret but frowned on to mention. Now the guys in suits and dark glasses are going to come for me! :nananana:
Maybe they'll send me home. :great: :great: :great: I'll see you the 13th in Oakdale @ 1000 ish.
Dam boredom blows, we gotta get outa this place. :truce:

Give me your ETA to Crystal NV. Mayhap I'll meet ya'll there. Beats the 15 drone.
Will do. We can partner up with some aliens from the ARC and invade Utah.

Looks like a 2 hr run for me into Crystal NV. Meet up 10A or thereabouts give or take 1 hr (9 to 11)? Grab some lunch? Cuppa?

Coggers always wanna be leaving early in the morning. Can't let a slacker be a slacker.

Tonopah is about 2:15 out of Crystal Springs and I want make at least two photo stops (ET Hwy sign stuff) and you know what happens when I drag out the camera.

So if we leave at 8am,  let's say 10:30-11 in Crystal - I think there is only the Alien Research place and ET Jerky. My phone probably won't be working so let's meet here https://goo.gl/maps/udPp17wSWWk

Carry on to Caliente for fuel ( we'll be at 196 miles)

What do ya think?

WANDRNG said:
Coggers always wanna be leaving early in the morning. Can't let a slacker be a slacker.

Tonopah is about 2:15 out of Crystal Springs and I want make at least two photo stops (ET Hwy sign stuff) and you know what happens when I drag out the camera.

So if we leave at 8am,  let's say 10:30-11 in Crystal - I think there is only the Alien Research place and ET Jerky. My phone probably won't be working so let's meet here https://goo.gl/maps/udPp17wSWWk

Carry on to Caliente for fuel ( we'll be at 196 miles)

What do ya think?
Consider it done, Rain is better than snow  ;)