• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Windshield automatically goes down, won't hold position

martinjstn17038

Hello All,

My 2015 Concours will raise the windshield but it won't hold any position, it will just automatically go down.

I tried searching both forums with no luck, even though it seems like it could be a simple issue.

Thanks!

Hello All,

My 2015 Concours will raise the windshield but it won't hold any position, it will just automatically go down.

I tried searching both forums with no luck, even though it seems like it could be a simple issue.

Thanks!
If you mean when you shut off the bike (like bigk64 asked) and you want the shield to stay in a certain position, hold down the windshield raise/lower button while turning off bike. The screen will hold in that spot, but you have to do it manually.

Per the owner's manual, you can set your windshield to automatically raise at one of several positions once you start up.

Martin did this just start happening? Are you new to this machine - just buy it? Any damage to the switch or any modifications or maintenance performed to the C-14 at or around the same time this began happening? Many times looking backward is the fastest way to the answer.

If I am understanding correctly it sounds your switch is not working right - overrides your rising by immediately on its own dropping all the way down. Automatic settings are able to be overridden by design so it shouldn’t be that.

Try this: manually controlling the switch, very delicate movements still pushing slight in up direction can you find the location where the WS starts coming down? If yes can you press the switch up just enough to stop the windshield from going up or down midway? If there is that position that you can find the sweet-spot that would be strong indication to me the switch is the fault.

Not heard of this before but that’s my first check I would be doing.

Good luck, let us know.