• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Wireless Heated Gear Controller

Bud

Has anyone used Gerbing's wireless ready controller and wireless remote?  Digging for the controllers for my hotwired liners under a one-piece aerostich is a pain.  Also wondering if the coax connector, used by Gerbing and others, is compatible with the coax connectors on the hotwired (cycle gear) liners.  I'm open to other options as well.  Winter is coming!

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/gerbing-12v-wireless-ready-dual-temp-controller?rrec=true

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/gerbing-12v-wireless-dual-temp-remote?rrec=true

gerbing12_v_wireless_dual_temp_remote_750x750.jpg

gerbing_wireless_ready12_v_dual_temp_controller_750x750.jpg

Yes, I use it with the HotWired gear and have been for a couple of years now.

The Coax connectors on my gear are compatible and my gear is about 4 years old. I have the controller velcro'd to the clutch master cylinder on the C-14 and the dash shelf on the Wing. I only typically use one side of the two controller knobs because the heated grips take care of my hands and I don't usually wear my heated pant liners (if those are needed, it's too cold. ;D )

I'm using it as well, though with Gerbing heated gear.

I velcroed mine to the rear of my GPS with just the knobs sticking out so I could adjust the heat on the move easily.  I also attached a wrist strap from an old camera to one of the knobs so if the velcro gets loose, I don't lose it on the road.

Chris

I use two of them. One that controls my vest/liner and gloves, and a second that controls the heated seat. They work well, although sometimes I think there is "leakage". By that I mean that even with the switches off, my wife feels heat on her seat. I wonder if somehow voltage/aps are still powering up the seat pads.

Thanks for the responses guys!  I'm going to have to get these ordered. :beerchug:  Any suggestions for a jack to mount and the best location to put it?

BrianD said:
That was one of my options on mounting.  I've got 3 power points on the dash, one of which has 2 usb ports.  One option I've considered is replacing one of the lighter sockets with a coaxial so I didn't have to drill another hole somewhere.  I've not looked to see if there was a coaxial port that used the larger hole of the lighter socket.  That would be simpler since I could use the existing hole and wiring.  It would also require longer wires from the heated gear.  Are the wires on the controller long enough to be a comfortable reach to the dash or will that require an extension of some sort?