• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB C10 Muffler Set

Long Biker

My one owner 86 mufflers are looking like they are going to come apart sometime in the near future. Would like to find a set of any year mufflers that are not beat up or corroding.

Sure I have a used set in storage. Tell me a fair price you would like to pay and figure ship from 71291. They would be yours.

Will add this as a free bonus though. Would luv to sell you my extra set but..........................

Honestly finding a set on ebay with free shipping might the be better way to go. This set is good. But free ship could not be beat from ebay.

Hi Lee, thanks for the reply. Would you be able to post a picture of the pipes? I am not a real fan of e-bay, but the shipping costs can be attractive. Do you know what year of bike they came off?

Leaving for vacation. But will dig them out of warehouse to photograph on return. Believe have a set off a 87 and 99. Picked from my parts bikes, boxed and stored.
Give me a week or so.

Sounds good. Have a great vacation and we can discuss it when you return. I need to have something in place before the National in Vancouver in June.

Long Biker said:
My one owner 86 mufflers are looking like they are going to come apart sometime in the near future. Would like to find a set of any year mufflers that are not beat up or corroding.
What's your location? I have a set you can have for free, but to be honest I don't have that extra time to deal with shipping.

Hi, I am located in central Alberta in Canada. I usually use a US drop point near the border to ship to. Once it arrives I make a border run to pick the parts up. What is your location?

Kansas City, Missouri. Let me take some pics of the Mufflers and send them to you.
Also can take them to my local Post Office to find out the shipping cost.
I'll let you know 

Long Biker said:
Sounds good. Have a great vacation and we can discuss it when you return. I need to have something in place before the National in Vancouver in June.

Long Biker,

Brad offered to post pics of mufflers. I cleaned up one for comparison as both were stored with oil and grime attached. Some speckle rust on surface you will note. All cleans up well as you can see in comparison. I have not run these but they appear solid through out.

Lee said:
Long Biker said:

Long Biker,

Brad offered to post pics of mufflers. I cleaned up one for comparison as both were stored with oil and grime attached. Some speckle rust on surface you will note. All cleans up well as you can see in comparison. I have not run these but they appear solid through out.

That would be Bud thanks.  There's a bunch of pics in the album below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cSxx89SbBJfj7nag7

Sorry Bud I am becoming more senile by election cycles! Can think Bud and write Brad. Sadly it gets worse as I call my younger brother by my son's name and vice versa.  Have not confused my girlfriend and my wife yet but do live with that fear. But thanks for the help sincerely. Need all I can get!

I understand way too much about cognitive issues.  My dad doesn't know me most of the time and gets lost in his own house.  Don't sweat it.  Glad to help.

Bud said:
I understand way too much about cognitive issues. 
Sorry to hear about your dad. Had same with my grandfather. Hard to keep a sense of humor in day to day graveness of late stage dementia.

My wife and I do try to laugh about mine. At this stage it is just weird and the timing often bizarre. Brains are such amazing things even in their failure.

Perhaps funny recent true story. We recently bought my wife a mini suv. I borrowed it first time one morning for an errand. Parked it and when I came out from errand could not remember the where of parking it. No problem fist thought as knew it was gray. Well so was almost every other suv in parking lot. In the dozens. Walked the rows till one responded to the remote. Now I park the same place in all parking lots. Park out and slightly to left or right of center by a buggy return always. Ha! Live and learn.

Best to you and your dad. Thanks again too!

Self driving cars will be here soon.  If I can just remember that I have a car and a home, I'll be ok.  ;D

I got a set of dual, slip on Muzzymuffs, that may be going for sale shortly; if the weather breaks, and I do my Ontario single with the "yoshi" can, ,,,,, I'll drop ya a line..... rest easy bro, I'm doing the same...
trying to link...
https://s1327.photobucket.com/user/MAN_OF_BLUES/media/old%201/2095410640015463693NkugSt_fs.jpg.html

ain't working for the sound vid.... trust me, my dog heared me 7 miles away.... sat at the window whining "dads almost home".... luv that pup..... :-X :great:

what ever tho.. peace.....  :great: