• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB random pieces to

vincenstuff

Resurrecting an adopted C10 and am looking for some random bits... Hopefully someone has a parts bike out there with some minor pieces to spare.

One luggage latch has a broken lock. Happens to be the one that secures the luggage to the rack. Not sure if there were different luggage keys but mine are stamped with an 'A'

I'm short 2 fairing screws and one screw clip, of the 3 that connect the upper and middle fairings. Also one screw and the hat(?) spacer that lives towards the back on each side of the belly pan fairing. And both of the strips that isolate the side panels from the fuel tank (might glue on some split fuel line there). And lastly, the black triangular cover and screw for the left side engine mount (just over the foot peg).

Like I said kind of random. RevZilla quotes me $40 for the lot (without the latch), but I'd rather put $30 towards someone's parts bike investment if I can. They get enough of my money as it is...

Cheers,
Vince L.

For the luggage lock, you could go the route I’m doing for a broken lock.
Drill thru the bag and the antler for a small machine bolt.

Copy the PM, thank you.

Good call on the latch. Bolt with a wingnut on the inside would work, perhaps with a little JB Weld keeping the bolt in place... Honestly, I'm more worried about that case coming loose on the road than having it walk away. Sounds like a fix for both.

Cheers,
Vince L.