• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB tubular handlebars adapter mount [FOUND]

Tony Bullet

On my turn, I am looking for tubular handlebars adapter mount: would anybody have one of these for sale?
Could be Storz, Helibars, Murph's... But only the adapter, not the bars, because of shipping costs.
Thanks!

Just for info, I picked up these photos on the forum and on the net. For some I know the brand, but for others I can't find: any help would be welcomed:

#1 This one is sold at Murph's, but the image is not very good:
murphs10.jpg

#2 This one seems to be the same as #1, but one can read "Heli" on it; however, it is not sold on Helibars website:
heliba10.jpg

So does anybody know where it comes from?

Otherwise, the two following are on the market, but they are sold together with the handlebars, not alone.

#3 is the Helibars mount:
heliba11.jpg

#4 is the Storz mount:
storz10.jpg

#5 Eventually, I found yet another photo in an announcement on the forum, but I have no idea of its brand:
inconn11.jpg

inconn10.jpg

Does anybody know where it comes from?

Anyway, they all seem to do the job (unless somebody has a comment?) and I would be pleased to find one.

Thanks a lot!

You'll love the tubular bar. I do :motonoises: :motonoises:
Put the superbike bend on mine and left the bar risers on.
I'm 6'4" and they fit nice. Feels like a whole new bike.
Enjoy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 99
crag antler said:
Put the superbike bend on mine and left the bar risers on.
I'm 6'4" and they fit nice.

Thanks! But your handlebars does not seem to provide much more pull back than the original stock clip-on bars, do they? I am now looking for these handlebars that will give me more than 10" pullback... Any advice welcome!

Tony Bullet said:
Yeah ! Great, thanks !

after looking at the picture that you put of and did not know who manufactured it, it clearly looks like a Home Made Jobber, with the top cross plate, made to fit... the bottom pieces are clearly Murph Bar Riser's, called KB Stepper's, ; they made a plate to span them on the tree, marked he bolt holes, and used longer bolts to mount the assembly. The actual "saddles" the bars clamp into, are generic bar clamps, found all over the internet.

Those LTD bars are common also, but most times, when a pull back bar style like that is used, you find that even tho it's pulled back, the actual hand/elbow, shoulder skew, still cause pain between the shoulder blades... at least that was my experience, as did the OEM factory bars; they force your elbows into your sides, and this transfers pressure to the shoulders... when I used the Superbike bars, the wider, flatter, and less "wrist angle" twist, provided extreme relief, and proved to me that even a lower bar, that has correct arm position, can make a big difference in allowing relief of pain.

NOTE:
when you get to mounting whatever tubular bars you choose, you will find that the switch Pods, have a locating pin that locates them, by a hole drilled in the bar from the factory... this will not be there on the "generic tubular bars"... the answer is simple.. Do NOT drill the bars.. simply look at the switch pods, and you will see the "pin" protruding into the area that clamps it on the bar... place the pod on a bench, sit the backside of the area the pin is pressed into, over a 3/8" socket, and gently "tap" the pin until it is flush on the inner surface of the pod; it will not fall out, and can remain in it's pressed in state, for future use if desired.. then mark the area the pod "clamps" onto the bar on each side, and place 2 wraps of electrical tape around the bar, install the pod, and tighten it down; this prevents it from rotating when in use, and also provides a "break away" safety feature, if the bike is dropped hard, and the levers hit the ground, it will spin, but it will also remain tight during any normal usage..

This is what the PO, Fred Bowen, did with Blue before I bought it.  I have no complaints about the bars or seating position.  There is NO forward lean with this setup.  HTH

Attachments

• 20190826_072941.jpg
    20190826_072941.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 20190826_073145.jpg
    20190826_073145.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 101