• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB Vented windshield

big0red4224

If anyone has a 2015+ vented windshield that they have hanging around, I'd really like to get one before summer gets here in Phoenix.

I suggest a MRA Vario Touring instead.
It's a shorter than a stock shield (so it's cooler in summer} but because of the design, it actually gives more protection {from rain}.

Ride safe, Ted

Thank you, sir. I may go that route. I don't really want to go any shorter, if I don't have to. I'm 6'5" and I was kicking around the idea of something a little taller.

Thank you, sir. I may go that route. I don't really want to go any shorter, if I don't have to. I'm 6'5" and I was kicking around the idea of something a little taller.
If you try one and don't like it, try adding madstad brackets. Without the brackets, air hit me at eye level and I would have gotten rid of it. Now I can ride with my helmet visor fully open. I'm 6'. The brackets move the shield farther away from the rider and I like that.

I understand, and only offering suggestion. Didn't know about your height.
NOTE: Not sure where you are, so cold may be an issues for you that is not one of our big concerns in South Texas.
I know of several taller guys that are using this screen.

MRA also offers the X-Creen for more coverage.

One of the issues we have seen with taller shields is failure of the windshield brackets. With a tall shield; If you do high speed riding, and like the shield up, they can fail..

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Everyone has their own preferences in shields.
If you get a chance, try riding a bike with the shield you choose, before you buy.

yep that's what happened to me I thought the vstream would work for me but just didn't like it. I run a small shield on top of my stock windscreen to help deflect some of the wind over my helmet works pretty good. i got it on twisted throttle

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210308-105057.png
    Screenshot_20210308-105057.png
    796.1 KB · Views: 135