• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Yamaha FZ10

Bogie

Training Wheels
Long shot but anyone else here own a FZ10?  :great:

I am picking up a new to me 2009 C14 on Saturday and she will be parked next to my 2017 Yamaha FZ10.

Loving this bike since I picked it up last October.  Made some changes to make it my own.  The crossplane motor with the Akrapovic Exhaust is just pure evil music.

Going to use the C14 for two up and longer trip riding.  The FZ is going to be for short rides and around town.

Sept_24th_2017_Ride_1.jpg

Sept_24th_2017_Ride_2.jpg

20170913_112550.jpg

20170913_112129.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Bogie said:

I am picking up a new to me 2009 C14 on Saturday and she will be parked next to my 2017 Yamaha FZ10.

Loving this bike since I picked it up last October.  Made some changes to make it my own.  The crossplane motor with the Akrapovic Exhaust is just pure evil music.

Going to use the C14 for two up and longer trip riding.  The FZ is going to be for short rides and around town.
Dang that bike is beautiful.  It looks angry and fast even in a still picture.

runnerb0y said:
Bogie said:

Dang that bike is beautiful.  It looks angry and fast even in a still picture.

Thanks man.  It sounds so good too.  Link down lower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_o8cfJXOTA

Mark from Montreal showed up at Lake George recently with one. Said he loved it. He's a big boy and he fit on it really well. Side note- he tried to throw the keys at a certain rally organizer but the challenge was not accepted. 2 beers in him said he did not belong on 2 wheels.  :great: But I suspect that if this rally organizer had driven it, he would have had to write the check for a new bike once he got home.....

Diz said:
Mark from Montreal showed up at Lake George recently with one. Said he loved it. He's a big boy and he fit on it really well. Side note- he tried to throw the keys at a certain rally organizer but the challenge was not accepted. 2 beers in him said he did not belong on 2 wheels.  :great: But I suspect that if this rally organizer had driven it, he would have had to write the check for a new bike once he got home.....

LOL!! Good judgement on his part!

I am a big guy myself and this bike can be a hand full if not careful.  The front comes up with ease just by twisting the throttle.

Bogie; Good looking bike!

Question; Last year several of us did the "Rolling Rally through the Alps" in Eu.
              2 of the guys rented MT-09 Yamaha's.
              Is the FZ-10 the same/newer bike? {but 1000 cc's}

Reason for asking;
Some of us are considering the Rolling Rally through the Alps "II" in 2018.
I'm not familiar with Yamaha's but liked their MT-09's. 
Wondering if the new bike in Eu would be a MT-10?

PS: Anyone wanna go?
        Info here: http://forum.cog-online.org/rallies-rides-and-events/announcing-rolling-rally-in-the-alps-ii/msg593450/#msg593450

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Bogie; Good looking bike!

Question; Last year several of us did the "Rolling Rally through the Alps" in Eu.
              2 of the guys rented MT-09 Yamaha's.
              Is the FZ-10 the same/newer bike? {but 1000 cc's}

Reason for asking;
Some of us are considering the Rolling Rally through the Alps "II" in 2018.
I'm not familiar with Yamaha's but liked their MT-09's. 
Wondering if the new bike in Eu would be a MT-10?

Ride safe, Ted

The MT-09 and MT-10 are completely different bikes.  The MT-09 is the 900cc Triple motor and the MT-10 is the 1000cc In-Line 4 Crossplane crank motor that the R1 uses.

Rode up on the FZ10 to pay for it today.  Will get dropped off Saturday and ride her home. 

They are already going at it!!!  :rotflmao:

22117774_1730517533917741_1438051311_o_pe222.jpg

After you get her home, we'll be more than happy to help you start farkelizing...  >:D

Thanks for the info on the MT..

Ride safe, Ted

I've been dying to test ride a FZ10.. if I buy a new bike anytime soon it may just be the one.

Couple questions, you said you did some mods:
Did the rear seat cowl come as a Yamaha factory accessory or is it aftermarket?
Noticed the chain/sprocket, did you alter the final gearing ratio?
Is the throttle/fueling as twitchy as all the "reviews" say? Maybe you retuned for the Akra exhaust?
And what did you do to the wheels? All the ones I've seen have red on them(which I don't care for).

Sweet ride, enjoy! :great:

Disregard the wheel question.. I zoomed in and noticed Carrozzzzz is what you did to them!
Baller.  :-\

Zoomed in even further... also aftermarket rear-axle adjusters & such!???
Pure eye candy- :great:

LakeTrax said:
I've been dying to test ride a FZ10.. if I buy a new bike anytime soon it may just be the one.

Couple questions, you said you did some mods:
Did the rear seat cowl come as a Yamaha factory accessory or is it aftermarket?
Noticed the chain/sprocket, did you alter the final gearing ratio?
Is the throttle/fueling as twitchy as all the "reviews" say? Maybe you retuned for the Akra exhaust?
And what did you do to the wheels? All the ones I've seen have red on them(which I don't care for).

Sweet ride, enjoy! :great:

The FZ10 is a beast and so much fun. 

The Cowl is not from Yamaha.  It is made by Ermax.
I stuck with the stock gearing as the front comes off the ground under acceleration in the 1st 3 gears with ease as it is. LOL
I have the ECU flashed to remove all the USA restrictions in throttle, top end restrictions, smooths out throttle, turns on the fans sooner to keep it cooler in town, smog plates installed and Akra 3/4 Titanium system.

They are Carrozzerria Wheels and I replaced the rotors with the red carriers with the OEM rotors from the Armor Grey FZ10 since they use black carriers. 

Here is an actual full list of all the changes I have made big and small.

Nissan Body Push Type Retainers (Mirror Hole Plugs)
Yamaha Black Billet GP Rear Stand Hooks
ProBolt Titanium M6 x 25mm (4) Race Hook Bolts
ProBolt Stainless Steel Fairing Bolt Kit (Black)
ProBolt Stainless Steel Rearsets Mounting Bolts (Black)
CRG Black 2" Blindsight Bar End Mirrors
Evotech Aluminum Rear Foot Peg Removal Kit
Evotech Radiator and Oil Cooler Guards
RhinoMoto Bar Ends with Mirror Mounts
Pazzo Levers (Black w/Titanium Adjusters)
Woodcraft Frame Sliders
Woodcraft Engine Covers
TechSpec Tank Pad
Quick Action Black CNC Aluminum Keyless Gas Cap
Ermax Seat Cowl
Custom LED Blaster-X Integrated LED Tail Light
NTS Fender Eliminator
Watsen Front Signals
Z-Motorsports Matte Carbon Fiber Front Fender
Z-Motorsports Matte Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger
Z-Motorsports Matte Carbon Fiber Sprocket Cover
RokForm Motorcycle Phone Mount
EBC Front and Rear Disc Brake Pads
Gilles Tooling Billet Front Brake Reservoir Cover
Moto-D Oil Drain Bolt
Driven Screw Set (License Plate Bolts)
Driven Oil Fill Cap
Driven D3 Alumitech Grips
Driven 520 Sprockets
EK MVXZ2 Series 520 Chain Kit
Lightech Chain Adjusters
Carrozzeria Forged Aluminum Wheels (Titanium Grey)
OEM Rotors with Black Carriers (Replace OEM Red Carrier Rotors)
ECU Flash – 2 Wheels DynoWorks
Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust and Titanium Link Pipe
Driven Smog Block Off Plates
Yamaha GYTR Quick Shifter
Gilles Tooling Radiator Cap Cover

Rizoma Rear Brake Fluid Reservoir (Still needs mounted) and I have a couple more pieces of Matte Finish Carbon Fiber being made.

Previous owner of my 2012 was active on the forum by name of Noodle.
Mark bought an FZ10, then several months later sold (me) his 2012... I think he liked it!

Man I LOVE this bike.  As to the aforementioned unnamed rally Meister....GUILTY AS CHARGED! :))
I'm riding his grandpappy see below.  I sat on this bad boy at last year's Javitz show and was in lust.  Then I heard the music this beast could make in Lake George and started to sweat!  Lol
My daughter starts college next year so it will remain love from a distance. :'(
I'm quite happy with my present beastie.  I put Race Tech suspension on her December of 15 and she handles better than when she was new.  Just broke 50k so she's got plenty of miles left in her.
My only not to pick with the FZ-10 is fuel range.  I must confess I did look up Rotopax fuel containers, just for shits and giggles.  That would solve that problem, I ride solo so the back seat could be my gas can holder!  Lol
Enjoy the ride bro that's one bad ass bike! :motonoises: :great:

Terrynyc said:
Enjoy the ride bro that's one bad a** bike! :motonoises: :great:

Thanks!!! 77 in October here in Iowa is a nice treat so I got a good ride in this morning before breaking out the Connie for a 2 UP ride with the Girlfriend.  :beerchug:  :great:

I must be nuts. I use my '16 Tuono (Fz10 competition) for the same type of 350 - 450 mile 1 day rides as my C14. Talk about a contrast in riding... I did this for my previous 07 FZ1, as well.

Akumu said:
I must be nuts. I use my '16 Tuono (Fz10 competition) for the same type of 350 - 450 mile 1 day rides as my C14. Talk about a contrast in riding... I did this for my previous 07 FZ1, as well.

I used to be able to do those days even on my R1's but after an injury to my tailbone a few years ago I just can't do it on the FZ10.  Even the stock seat on the Connie will get me after about 250 or so.  I will be sending my seat off to LAAM to have it redone.  I had him do a seat for on my former 14 FJR1300ES and it made a huge difference.  He does great work.

I am here Bogie!
Also from the FZ1oa forum and the FZ10 forums.
I have both my C14  and My FZ10 tuned with mods and exhaust, the C14 will walk away from the FZ10 on the top end.
The Fz10 is better under 120 and in the twisties.

Harry76 said:
I am here Bogie!
Also from the FZ1oa forum and the FZ10 forums.
I have both my C14  and My FZ10 tuned with mods and exhaust, the C14 will walk away from the FZ10 on the top end.
The Fz10 is better under 120 and in the twisties.

Wassup!!!  :beerchug:

Yes sir.  The low end grunt of the FZ10 will get it out in front quick but it loses steam up top for sure.  The Connie has some power for sure and handles pretty good being almost 220lbs heavier than the FZ.  LOL

Bogie said:
Akumu said:

I used to be able to do those days even on my R1's but after an injury to my tailbone a few years ago I just can't do it on the FZ10.  Even the stock seat on the Connie will get me after about 250 or so.  I will be sending my seat off to LAAM to have it redone.  I had him do a seat for on my former 14 FJR1300ES and it made a huge difference.  He does great work.

My father rides a red 14 FJR1300ES. Why would you go from that bike to an '09 C14? Seems like a solid downgrade, minus a bit of power. (Keeping in mind that I do love my '08 C14.)

My Tuono eats Evolution flashed C14 all over, any gear, any RPM...except that you need to be in full tack and hanging on for dear life come 120+ where as 120+ on the C14 is basically 60mph with a slight bit more wind.  ;D 165 on the Tuono and you feel like you're about to lift off of the bike, and it's very twitchy to inputs/unstable. (Who'd have guessed naked bikes don't like crazy high speeds?)

29onwoj.jpg

No video of exhaust note. Still on stock exhaust, that just sounds SO good (and loud with the flapper opened) that dropping $600 for an aftermarket is a real fight, considering that it's louder now with the stock exhaust than many aftermarket exhausts. That damn cat in the pipe makes me want to get an aftermarket, though. RSV4 and Tuono are very similar, and people like to drool on this SC Project exhaust [too loud for my tastes] but it's a sweet song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3WdxhXlLpc

Sorry to thrust my bike into the fold here. Just a big fan of super nakeds like the FZ-10, S1000R, Super Duke and Tuono...

Akumu said:
My father rides a red 14 FJR1300ES. Why would you go from that bike to an '09 C14? Seems like a solid downgrade, minus a bit of power. (Keeping in mind that I do love my '08 C14.)

I lost my job in 2015 and had to sell the FJR.  :-(  I was bike less till last October when I picked up the FZ10.  I wanted to pick up another two-up bike to take the GF out on longer rides and keep the FZ10 for solo hooligan fun.  For the really low price I found this one at it was a no brainer.  :great:  The FJR was hands down a better bike overall but you don't pick up even a used ES for what I got this bike.  LOL

Woodcraft Reasets installed on the FZ10!!! They look killer and having the pegs farther back and up now is amazing!!! Top quality gear from Woodcraft Technologies!  :great:

Another member of the FZ-10 gang here as well!

FJRChuck on both the FZ forums. Ride a 2016 FJR and a 2017 black FZ!! Life is good  :beerchug:

VMaxChuck said:
Another member of the FZ-10 gang here as well!

FJRChuck on both the FZ forums. Ride a 2016 FJR and a 2017 black FZ!! Life is good  :beerchug:

Awesome!!!

Got in the last bits of Matte Finish CF for the FZ10 from the manufacturer to match my front fender and rear hugger.  I got in first to participate in there customer exchange program.  I send in the OEM pieces for them to make molds from and I get a set for free.

Hopefully get them on this weekend.  Swingarm piece will depend on whether or not it actually warms up a bit this weekend like the weather man claims.  It is attach to the swinger with 3M tape and I want it to be a bit warmer before I attach it.

A little late to the party here, but...

No FZ-10 here, but I do have an FZ-09.  I've not owned/ridden a lot of bikes, but I can honestly and confidently say that I have never ridden a more fun bike!  It may not be the fastest (although it is very fast) and it may not handle with sport bikes, but the combination of the comfortable riding position (quite a bit more comfortable than Connie for me I might add...) and overall performance makes it amazingly fun - all for $5.5k brand new!

I love Connie, but my bike of choice for anything other than slab work or sub 40 degree days is most assuredly the FZ.

2018 Kaw ZX10R WAS my next bike until revisiting this thread.

I've never had a Yamaha road bike, just Yam motocrosser's.

ZX10R vs FZ10?

Comparisons?

Well as soon as someone loans me their FZ-10 I will gladly compare! Some of you all are late to the naked bike party,but that is fine. I have been riding and creating naked Sportbikes for a few years. My keeper is the low tech/high fun 2005 ZX-10 that has been run naked since 2006. I tour, track, and trail ride on it. Wifey made me get the C-14 (to slow down a bit), yeah, that's it!

Some detractor on the ZX-10 forum complained they had not changed much in the last 13 years the Zed-10, except for adding all the crazy electronic interventions and all. Newest one I rode was a 2012 and it felt effin fast, but than I got back on mine and saved myself thousands! ALso rode a KTM RC8, Aprilia, BMW S1000....none of them felt better by enough to warrant the cost and hassle of relearning and re-nekkiding the machine.

40K on my old Zed and just going in for the first valve adjust and second TB sync, should feel like a new bike! Upgraded suspension a little, weighs in at 425 full of gas. Changed gearing a bit as I felt over 50 one should stay under 180. Those FZ-10 are intriguing fo sho!

Attachments

• zx-10_small.jpg
    zx-10_small.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 111
like the fz10 lots, found a killer deal on 2015 Aprilia Tuono with 3200 miles(been looking a long time). gonna ride with group of fz10s in April and see if I have any regrets

You shouldn't. FZ10 is a great bike, if a bit thirsty. Tuono though... It is the bike the FZ most closely resembles, barring ergos. (Thirsty [especially the 11-15s], awesome sounding, semi polarizing looks [especially 11-15s], fairly light, mostly naked bike) TV4 handles a bit better and is a bit faster, but not blindingly so.

You ever wanna dislocate your arms try your lauch control on the Tuono.

Sorry for derailing, OP.

(I have a 16 TV4 1100. Add 10 ft/lb of torque to your 15 @6000RPM :D)