• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Yamaha MT09 and MT10 Test Rides

kawafornia

Tricycle
Went to Yamaha's Demo Days last weekend. Test rode the MT09 and MT10 (my son tried out the MT07, after I explained  he shouldn't hog the R6...)

I have seen lots of FZ09s, but not the 10. Wow; what fun bikes, both of them. I liked the MT-10 in particular. The hardest part of riding those 2 was not pulling wheelies.

The conundrum: I have room for only 2 bikes. Would the MT-10 replace the C14 or the V650?

I stayed off the MT-10 at a demo event 2 weeks ago, I already have naked ZX-10 but I really like triples so jumped on the MT-09. WOW, what fun...as you said it just begs to be hooned and whoolied! Comfy and so light...I may be looking for one to add as soon as some local crashes one so I can get it cheap.

xsr900. same power plant frame etc, but naked and more upright. they are snotty a** hooligan bikes. fun though, friend of mine has one, and actually has done some light touring on it.

on the way to the parkway a few weeks ago. xsr to the far right

parkway-7-28-18_02_zps27v1xmvy.jpg

At the Alp's rally last month, several of the Yamaha 900's were rented and well liked.
I think they were called Tracers over there? {2 years ago they were called MT-09's.}
Several said they would be looking into buying one after they returned to the "US of A"..

Ride safe, Ted

Update; Looked up the 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT, and that is what they were riding in Eu.
            Everyone really liked the Tracer's.
              Biggest problem is the $13,000 price tag.

Love the MT10, but it's so disappointing that Yamaha does not bring the SP edition it sells in Europe to the U.S. market. An MT with full Ohlins, quick shift and color TFT would do it for me. 

I purchased a FZ-10 for a play bike in June of '17.  I have loved every minute on it.  Way more power than anyone could possibly use on the street but still a blast.  More than enough power to lift the front wheel at will.  I will take it to Alpine for the Big Bend ride again this year.  There are several roads there that just beg for a FZ/MT-10.  A lot of places where one can let it run like it wants.