• WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE ABLE TO POST AND ACCESS MEMBER ONLY CONTENT AND FEATURES
    Join / Upgrade / Renew your membership to enjoy full membership and posting privileges.
    For simple instructions, click here
  • Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ZX-14 or ZX-14R Exhaust for a C-14?

connie_rider

New numbers;  (someone please confirm my dia's)
Earlier ZX-14
Entire head pipe dia is (1 1/2") {38 mm}
Exhaust port dia (x2) is (2 1/8") {approx. 54 mm} (2") {approx. 51 mm} {??}
  2006 - 2007 No Catalytic Converter.
  2008 - 2011 has a Catalytic converter.

ZX-14R: (2012 to current)
Head pipe dia "at" the Flange is (1 1/2") {38 mm}
    Head pipe dia @ 2" below the Flange, increases to (1 11/16") {43 mm}
Exhaust port dia (x2) is (2 1/8") {54 mm}
No Catalytic converter.  (Converters were in each muffler)

ZG-14 (Concours)
Entire head pipe dia is (1 3/8") {35 mm}
(2008-current) Exhaust port dia (x1) is (2 1/8") {54 mm}
Has Catalytic converter.

Full Area P System {FAPS}
  Head pipe dia at the Flange is (1 1/2") {38 mm}
  Head pipe dia from below the Flange, expands to (1.730" {approx. 1 23/32"}) {44 mm}
Exhaust port dia (x1) is approx. (2 1/4") {57 mm}
No Catalytic converter.

Can someone please measure a ZX-14 (2008 - 2011) header Exhaust port dia. ??
I'm not quite certain I have the correct dimension...

Ride safe, Ted

gpink

Sport Tourer
Back in '10 (pre-flash days) I installed '06 zx headers w/ dual Muzzy cf mufflers, removed the secondaries an added a PCV w/Autotune. And yes I 'think' it runs better. Not a dyno within two hours so no it was not done.

connie_rider

Thanks gpink.  I do appreciate the feedback.
Ghostrider sent me a PM and he reports the same as you.
The fact that there was an improvement is good...

I'm looking for a ZX-14 pipe/dyno run so we can see what the pipe actually did.
  With those numbers we can evaluate "where" it got better.

NOTE: Sorry, can't help myself. My background is research, so I need numbers!!

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider

Here are corrected header dimension's.
I bought a set from a 2008 ZX-14 to get this additional info.
Discovered that a 2007-2008 and 2009-2011 ZX-14 header's have different diameters, plus the later models all have a catalytic converter.

As always, if anyone see's an incorrect number, let me know.

Ted

ZX-14 2006 - 2007
Exhaust port dia (x2) is (2") {approx. 50 mm}
Has no Catalytic converter.
Cyl's 1/4 and 2/3 are paired.

ZX-14 2008 - 2011
Exhaust port dia (x2) is (2 1/8") {approx. 54 mm}
Has Catalytic converter.

ZX-14R: (2013 to current)
Head pipe dia from 2" below the Flange, flares to (1 11/16") {43 mm}
Exhaust port dia (x2) is (2 1/8") {54 mm}
No Catalytic converter.
Cyl's 1/2 and 3/4 are paired.

ZG-14 (Concours)
Entire head pipe dia is (1 3/8") {35 mm}
Exhaust port dia (x1) is (2 1/8") {54 mm}
Has Catalytic converter.

Full Area P System
  Head pipe dia from 2" below the Flange, flares to {approx. 1 23/32"}) {44 mm}
Exhaust port dia (x1) is approx. (2 1/4") {57 mm}
No Catalytic converter.

connie_rider

I'm referring to the exhaust exit ports at the rear of the collector.
Not sure what else to call them?

The port on the ZG, and the ports on the 2012 ZX-14R are all 2 1/8" OD.

The OD of the ports on my 2007 ZX-14 header are 2". (Which kinda surprised me)
Did a little research and discovered that Delkevic started offering a different exhaust for the ZX-14 in 2008.
So, I think after 2007, the exhaust port size increased to 2 1/8", but I have no way to know that for sure??

If someone has a 2008-2011 ZX-14 exhaust, please let me know that dimension...

Ride safe, Ted

Egodriver71

connie_rider said:
The port on the ZG, and the ports on the 2012 ZX-14R are all 2 1/8" OD.

The OD of the ports on my 2008 ZX-14 header are 2". (Which kinda surprised me)
Did a little research and discovered that Delkevic started offering a different exhaust for the ZX-14 in 2008.
So, I think after 2008, the exhaust port size increased to 2 1/8", but I have no way to know that for sure??

If someone has a 2009-2011 ZX-14 exhaust, please let me know that dimension...

Ride safe, Ted

It did change and the only change necessary is a different gasket.

connie_rider

Thanks Thomas. Good info. Matches my findings.
I agree, on the stock ZX mufflers, all that is needed is the correct gasket.
  (I have stock ZX mufflers and gaskets for 2" ports)

That's what started my info search. (I have 2012 ZX-14R headers, and 2010 ZX-14 mufflers)
I couldn't understand why the gaskets were 2' when I thought all ZX-14 headers had 2 1/8" ports.
I eventually bought 2007 headers and discovered the 2" ports.
Was not sure if the later models had gone to 2 1/8".

I've seen posts from others that installed slip-on's and found them too big to fit their ZX headers.
I suspect they were buying 2006/2007 headers, and trying to install slip-on's from a 2008/2011 ZX.
I think buying slip-on's for a 2006/2007 instead of a 2008-2011 will solve the problem?

Ride safe, Ted

OKC14

Moped
connie_rider said:
Thanks Thomas. Good info. Matches my findings.
I agree, on the stock ZX mufflers, all that is needed is the correct gasket.
  (I have stock ZX mufflers and gaskets for 2" ports)

That's what started my info search. (I have 2012 ZX-14R headers, and 2010 ZX-14 mufflers)
I couldn't understand why the gaskets were 2' when I thought all ZX-14 headers had 2 1/8" ports.
I eventually bought 2008 headers and discovered the 2" ports.
Was not sure if the later models had gone to 2 1/8".

I've seen posts from others that installed slip-on's and found them too big to fit their ZX headers.
I suspect they were buying 2007/2008 headers, and trying to install slip-on's from a 2009/2011 ZX.
I think buying slip-on's for a 2007/2008 will solve the problem?

Ride safe, Ted

I'm running a Delkevic C14 slipon on my 07 ZX14 header, I just made a little fiberglass wrap gasket and torqued it down good with an exhaust clamp. No issues with being too loose, it's just as solid as it was on the stock header.

connie_rider

Thanks OKC.
I agree, the gap can be overcome. (I machined an aluminum bushing for mine)
Do you happen to know what model of Delkevics you have?
    I suspect they are for 2008-2011 ZX-14's.

Delkevic Slip-On's (and others) offered different part number headers for 2006-2007, and a 2008-2011 ZX-14's.
  (I think the difference in the 2 models is the size of the Mid Pipe Flare. (Fits the header port)
    If so, 2006-2007 Model Slip-on's will fit best on the early ZX-14 {2006-2007} headers. (with No Cat's)

Ride safe, Ted

OKC14

Moped
connie_rider said:
Thanks OKC.
I agree, the gap can be overcome. (I machined an aluminum bushing for mine)
Do you happen to know what model of Delkevics you have?
    I suspect they are for 2009-2011 ZX-14's.

Delkevic Slip-On's (and others) offered different part number headers for 2007-2008, and a 2009-2011 ZX-14's.
  (I think the difference in the 2 models is the size of the connection at the header port)
    If so, 2007-2008 Model's will fit best on the early ZX-14 headers.

Ride safe, Ted

I used the 9" carbon Delkevic shorty for the 2008-2015+ Concours 14.  No modifications to the midpipe to get it to fit on the 07 ZX14 header.

connie_rider

Thanks OKC. You are correct.
You helped me find my error.
    I had the Model Years wrong.

Delkevic makes mufflers to fit 2006 - 2007 {w/2" Ports and NO Catalytic Converter}, and 2008 - 2011 {w/2 1/8" Ports and catalytic Converter} ZX-14's..

I should have said;
  Delkevic Slip-On's (and others) offered different part number headers for 2006-2007, and a 2008-2011 ZX-14's.
  (I think the difference in the 2 models is the size of the Mid Pipe Flare. (Fits the header port)
    If so, 2006-2007 Model Slip-on's will fit best on the early ZX-14 {2006-2007} headers. (with No Cat's)

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider

I'm still here; collecting parts to do this project.
Just bought a set of Muzzy's to put on the bike.
Someday, I'll finally get everything collected...

NOTE: I have 2007 header, and Muzzy's that were taken off of a 2008.
          By doing this purchase I confirmed my exhaust port size suspicions;
                    the 2007 header has 2" exhaust ports, and the Muzzy's (from a 2008) are gasketed for a 2 1/8" exhaust port.

Ride safe, Ted

gpink

Sport Tourer
:truce:  Ted, after a year, seven pages and 162 replies would it be possible for you to restate your objectives and tell us why you haven't just put the stuff on the bike?  :beerchug:

connie_rider

Good point!
I'll start with; I like to discuss idea's on the forum....

So, the previous pages were discussion's about;

the benefits/differences of the ZX-14 and ZX-14R headers.
    asking who has ever done a dyno run with one of these headers. {NONE have done so}
    my idea to block the left side and install a valve {that opens the left side only under certain conditions}
    where to get a valve, what type, and how to install it.
    how to control the valve opening/closing.
    what needs to be on the header to record AFR and pressure.
    what is needed to install the ZX mufflers on a Connie.
    etc, etc, etc,,,,,,,,

But; You'll never know if an idea works, if ya don't give it a try.
          So, I've been gathering parts, machining components, and seeking information.

I settled on a; 2007 ZX-14 Header (without cat)
                    Muzzy slip-on's. (2008 ZX-14)
                    52 mm Stainless steel (flow control/butterfly valve)
                    Stainless steel adapters for the valve.
                    Stainless steel extension for right pipe (to match left side {with valve})
                    Weld in oxygen sensor port.
                    ZX-14 side stand/perch.
                    Steve's Mountain Runner Flash.
                    I'm currently building a muffler hanger for the left side {that matches original/right (ZG) hanger}

My plan is to control the flow valve with springs that allow it to open only at WOT and high rpm's.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: You may ask; Why haven't in installed it yet ..
      Simple answer is; I like to plan/discuss/fabricate more than I like to work..  ;)

rcannon409

Street Cruiser
Forum Subscriber
Maybe this product exists, but I'm not aware of it if it does.  You know what I want?

A decent 4 into 1 header.  I know a lot of us have slip on exhausts.  My barely used 08 came with the Leo Vince 100% carbon fiber slip on. Carbon end cap. Probably riveted together with sterling silver rivets, installed by topless mermaids....several levels of expense over what I would have spent. The most expensive one in their line up, back then.

So, fast forward to today, and look at the horsepower our guys are getting when they reflash our bikes and install a full exhaust. It appears either the zx14 Akra, or Area p, does a really good job.

I admit I don't need the extra power, but still......

I like the idea of the  Deepsea mod to remove the cat from our stock exhaust, but that still leaves behind small header tubes.

SO, how about a "header only" that would replace out stock header and allow us to run the slip ons we already have?

connie_rider

If you go back thru this discussion you will see that I originally started the project with a (2012) ZX-14R Header.
The ZX-14R Header matches your requirements {almost} exactly.
Bigger head pipes, collectors that match your slip-on, no cat's, bolt on without mods.
  Only problem is, it has 2 exhaust ports. (needs 2 slip-on's)
      I initially planned to run only 1 slip-on, so I built a plug for the left port.
          {I wanted the flow to be smooth across the end of the port, and keep the option to use it if I bought 2 mufflers.
            So I built the plug long enough to match the bottom of the port.
            Others have cut off the left port and welded it smooth}

Later, I decided to use the 2007 ZX-14 header instead. {as I think it matches my (restrictor valve) idea better}
  So, the ZX-14R {w/plug} is available if anyone wants it.    {$50 & ship}
  I also have 2 stock ZX-14 Mufflers. {$100 and ship}
      {If sold; all $$ go to next years "Over the Pond"}

Gary sed; ...but....but....you're retired....
My point exactly!!  I like to plan/discuss/fabricate "more" than I like to work..  ;)

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Gary after reading old posts, I see that I picked the same header/muffler combination that you have.

cuda

I'll be getting my bike to Steve for valve adjustments

at that time he can dyno my 2011 with 2006 ? I think ZX14 stock header with cat removed , two brothers cans .

I crushed my left hand in a thanksgiving roll over in my Polaris RZR , skin graft next week , skin missing from top of hand  :-[

Not sure when I'm riding again.

connie_rider

cuda said:
I'll be getting my bike to Steve for valve adjustments

at that time he can dyno my 2011 with 2006 ? I think ZX14 stock header with cat removed , two brothers cans .

I crushed my left hand in a thanksgiving roll over in my Polaris RZR , skin graft next week , skin missing from top of hand  :-[

Not sure when I'm riding again.

Cuda; I would love to see those numbers!
  (Do you have a flash/etc in the ECU?)

NOTE: If you removed the cat from your header: it is a 2008-2011 and should have 2 1/8" dia. exhaust ports.
          If the header originally did not have a Cat: and the exhaust port is 2" dia., the header came off of a 2006-2007.

Really sorry to hear about your hand...

Ride safe, Ted

cuda

I  guess it's a 08 then ,  I'll put it on a trailer and drop it off at Steve's , this should be his slow time.

Not sure witch flash Steve installed , he'll have the bike for a few weeks so he'll have time to play around if he wants.

Not sure when I'll ride again have pins in the fingers now .

rcannon409

Street Cruiser
Forum Subscriber
Connierider, that zx14 header, using only one side, would match my slip on fairly well? 

And sorry, I'm probably asking what was discussed 6 pages ago,  I thought/wondered if  the diameter of that two outlet (zx14) header might be smaller where it splits into the two sides.

connie_rider

I feel that the alignment/fit will be very close. But, I haven't installed mine yet so I can't say for sure.
One of the other members {I forget who} is currently running only the right port on his ZX-14 headers, and using his (ZG-14) slip-on exhaust on it.            Maybe he'll speak up?

The diameter of the exhaust ports {of all ZX-14 headers after 2007}, are the same diameter (2 1/8") as the single exhaust port on your C-14.      {The 2006 and 2007 have 2" exhaust ports.}

That is 1 reason I opted to use the 2007 headers instead of the 2012.
  (I'm afraid that 2 ea.,  2 1/8" ports may be too much area to assure good low end.)
  (NOTE : The flow of 1 port should be closer match to a ZG-14.
        {but will have more flow because of larger head pipe sizes and no Cat}

I have more than $50 in these headers, and I'll be giving the money to "OtP" so I'm not making any money here.
On Ebay their selling for about $100.
I'm just offering them in case someone wants to give them a try.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider

Other than finding a used 4 into 1 Muzzy, these are the options I know of, that are relatively EZ and inexpensive...

2006 - 2007 ZX-14 header. (has 2" ports and "no" Cat)  {Probably the best option}
Block left port, build spacer that increases OD of header to 2 1/8" OD., install your existing slip-on on the right.  {ZG Slip-on is 2 1/8" ID.} 
Done........

2008 - 2011 ZX-14 header. (has 2 1/8" ports and Cat) {Probably the next best option}
Block left port, install your existing slip-on on the right.  {ZG Slip-on is 2 1/8" ID.}
Done........

2012 - 2014 ZX-14R header. (has 2 1/8" ports and "No" Cat)
Block left port, install your existing slip-on on the right.  {ZG Slip-on is 2 1/8" ID.}
Done........

2015 - 2017 ZX-14R header. (has 2 1/8" ports and Cat)
Done........

Will any of these improve Torque/HP?
      I'm NOT sure.
But, each will; Replace our stock header and allow us to run the slip-on's we already have.

Ride safe, Ted

56taskforce

OMG where have I been there is a crap load of reading here for me to catch up on. Dam Ted how did I miss this???

connie_rider

Grant, do a quick read; The discussion started with questions about the 2012 ZX-14R exhaust I purchased.
                                  Later it moved thru various idea's I was contemplating.
                                  Lots of folks chipped in with their thoughts...

Pretty interesting reading if your a mad scientist..  >:D

I later opted to use a 2007 ZX-14 header {as the head pipes and exhaust ports are smaller, plus the head pipes are
    paired like a Concours}
      ZX-14R; Cyls 1/2 and 3/4 are paired.
      ZG and ZX-14; Cyls 1/4 and 2/3 are paired.

NOTE:
  The Concours Exhaust is basically a "Tri Y".  {4 - 2 - 1} {*because of the Cat design in the collector}
                      {at the end of the collector it has 1 ea (2 1/8" OD) exhaust port}.
                **I think the Cat, keeps the cylinder flows paired until they reach the end of the collector.

The 2007 ZX-14 Exhaust is a modified "Tri Y".  {4 - 2 - 1 - 2} (*because it's collector has a dividing plate inside}
                      {at the end of the collector it has 2 ea. (2" OD) exhaust ports}.
                **I think the plate keeps the cylinder flows paired until they reach the end of the collector.

(Over engineering it further)
  I'm planning to use the 2007 ZX-14 headers with a valve installed in the left exhaust pipe {to make the left exhaust flow variable}...

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider

Thanks Gary. I considered an electric dump valve but wanted something to operate with the exhaust flow, not just open or closed.
You and I were talking about an EXUP system somewhere about the 3rd page of this discussion.
An EXUP is kinda/sorta what I'm working at..

I purchased a Stainless Steel valve some time ago.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vacuum-Activated-Exhaust-Cutout-2-51MM-Open-Style-Pressure-about-1-BAR/252934027007?epid=869869096&hash=item3ae40af6ff:g:yeoAAOSw~FJZFWG~

Since that time, I removed the vacuum mechanism, and machined and welded adapters to the valve.
  {The adapters make installation between the header and the mid pipe EZ to do, and changes overall length only 2".}
I've purchased Muzzy Slip-on's, and built a muffler hanger for the left side of the bike.
Bouht gaskets, side stand, hardware, etc..

Headers;
I decided the ZX-14R headers were bad for a ZG-1400, and purchased early (non-cat) ZX-14 headers.
  { ZX-14R head pipes are too big, cylinder phasing of the head pipes is incorrect, Exhaust ports are 2 1/8"}
  {Early ZX-14 headers have smaller head pipe diameters, correct cylinder phasing, and 2" exhaust ports}

I think everything is almost ready..

Right now, I'm waiting to see dyno plots/numbers on a ZX-14 header and slip-on's.
                (Ivan is supposed to be doing dyno run's soon).

Ride safe, Ted

gpink

Sport Tourer
You mention exhaust flow controlled which would correlate with rpms and throttle position. Could you get Steve to tie it to the ecu to control a stepper motor like the secondary butterflies are controlled?

56taskforce

gPink said:
You mention exhaust flow controlled which would correlate with rpms and throttle position. Could you get Steve to tie it to the ecu to control a stepper motor like the secondary butterflies are controlled?

connie_rider said:
Thanks Gary. I considered an electric dump valve but wanted something to operate with the exhaust flow, not just open or closed.
You and I were talking about an EXUP system somewhere about the 3rd page of this discussion.
An EXUP is kinda/sorta what I'm working at..

I purchased a Stainless Steel valve some time ago.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vacuum-Activated-Exhaust-Cutout-2-51MM-Open-Style-Pressure-about-1-BAR/252934027007?epid=869869096&hash=item3ae40af6ff:g:yeoAAOSw~FJZFWG~

Since that time, I removed the vacuum mechanism, and machined and welded adapters to the valve.
  {The adapters make installation between the header and the mid pipe EZ to do, and changes overall length only 2".}
I've purchased Muzzy Slip-on's, and built a muffler hanger for the left side of the bike.
Bouht gaskets, side stand, hardware, etc..

Headers;
I decided the ZX-14R headers were bad for a ZG-1400, and purchased early (non-cat) ZX-14 headers.
  { ZX-14R head pipes are too big, cylinder phasing of the head pipes is incorrect, Exhaust ports are 2 1/8"}
  {Early ZX-14 headers have smaller head pipe diameters, correct cylinder phasing, and 2" exhaust ports}

I think everything is almost ready..

Right now, I'm waiting to see dyno plots/numbers on a ZX-14 header and slip-on's.
                (Iam is supposed to be doing run's soon).

Ride safe, Ted
How about a vacuum sense turbo waste gate with a light weight spring? This would only allow exhaust to flow through the auxiliary exhaust when a predetermined back pressure was reached.

56taskforce

I am working on a compound diesel turbo setup right  now where the high pressure turbo is a VVT and a waste gate would not typically be used. My idea is to have the waste gate installed before the high pressure turbo but dump back in before the atmospheric Turbo.
Otherwise when the little turbo is in danger of being over driven above the capabilities of the variable veins a small portion of exhaust will be routed around it but still fed through the larger Turbo and not be wasted.
I don't see why a wastegate could not be used in a non turbo exhaust to control Power Band in a system such as Ted is describing here the same way I am using it to get the Best of Both Worlds.

stephenc14

Big Wheel
maybe a bit late....but. yes, put the header on....might want to change out spark plugs while you  do this, easier access.  I put header on 09 c14...caped left side and stayed with single pipe.  made cap out of piece of exhaust pipe with cap welded on pipe...used local muffler shop for fab.  I also used 'wrap exhaust tape' from local auto parts store since neither exhaust donut works from c14 or zx.  hp at rear wheel remained in 150 range.  the after market pipe/muffler set up perfect for center stand bumber.    hope this helps.    Stephen in cleveland

connie_rider

Thanks Stephen...  150 HP range is a realistic number, and it's what I'm hoping for.
I would love to see any dyno plots you might have??
  This project started with a ZX-14R header and 1 slip-on, later changed to a ZX-14 Header and 2 slip-on's (w/valve).
    That led to idea of opening the left port "only" when I needed the extra exhaust flow...

Gary, a stepper motor and ECU control was discussed on page 1 -3 of this discussion.
  Because of complexity, I opted to try a manual operation first.
        {to see if controlling flow thru the left aside does anything} {ie; Dyno runs}
  Most folks think it is a waste of time..... But, {because I'm hard headed} I'm still trying to get it built...

Grant your a lot more knowledgeable than I about operation of a waste gate etc.
  I think my valve is basically a poor mans waste gate.  {??}
    NOTE: One {close} side of the valve will be drilled to lessen the surface area on that side.
              Pressure/flow against the other {open} side of the valve will allow it to open.
              {I think the differential pressure will do the work, because of the difference in surface area}
              A weak spring will control the opening pressure / set point.
                    I hope........

Ride safe, Ted      <Mad Scientist Grin>  >:D

connie_rider

We finally got a ZX-14 header plot to see.
Ivan recently tested a C-14 with ZX-14 header and developed a Flash to go with it.

http://forum.cog-online.org/ivan's-performance-products/2006-2007-zx14-header-tuned-and-tested/

Peak HP {w/flash} is shown at 159, and the mid range looks pretty good.
{for only $500+ more} An Akrapovic full system made 162 peak HP and {I think} had less low end power..

I already asked if he also had a plot of a ZX-14 header {without the flash} that we could see {for reference}...

I've been asking this exact question for 2 years. Still hoping for the plot from someone..  :banghead:

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider

I got off my butt and started the header/valve install..
  Today I installed the ZX-14 headers, back pressure control valve, ZX-14 side stand, and Muzzy Mufflers.

Still have some fabricating to do {to get the center Stand to work the way I want / etc} but at least I'm started...
                          >:D

Ride safe, Ted

56taskforce

connie_rider said:
  Today I installed the ZX-14 headers, back pressure control valve, ZX-14 side stand, and Muzzy Mufflers.

Still have some fabricating to do {to get the canter Stand to work the way I want / etc} but at least I'm started...

Ride safe, Ted
Where is the like button... :) :motonoises:

ghostrider990

Crotch Rocket
Forum Subscriber
Grant said:
connie_rider said:

Still have some fabricating to do {to get the canter Stand to work the way I want / etc} but at least I'm started...

Ride safe, Ted
Where is the like button... :) :motonoises:

Was that the like button for Ted's Butt???  :-\ :rotflmao:

He might ACTUALLY ride that bike, one day.  :motonoises:

gr

connie_rider

GR, I probably deserve that.
  But it's more, He might ACTUALLY ride finish the install on that bike, one some day.  :motonoises:

Fyi; This year, I've been to the Track Day in Florida, Wildflower event in Hunt Tx, Horseshoe Mountain event in Ark., multiple day rides with friends.
I'm going to the COG National in Kerrville in a couple of weeks, and then,,,
    {Dat, da, da, daaaaa}  I'm gonna Ride the Alp's event in Europe..
                      Wanna go with me??? 
:85:

Lurch: {If I ever get off this computer  :truce:} I'll modify/fabricate the foot for my center stand today.
          Yesterday it dawned on me there is a semi simple way.
            Last night, I cut the original foot off.
            Today, I'll add a 1" drop down plate, and extend the original foot beyond the left mid pipe. {about 3" will be added}.
                  ie; There will be sort of a "Z" in the original foot...
                      Fingers crossed!

Ride safe, Ted

wingedspirit

Ted you're the man!  Happy to see you're getting out there!

Finally got the engine for the racecar, so that's taking up my time now.

connie_rider

Everything is assembled and fits ok.
  A ZX-14 side stand base gave me the clearance I needed on the side stand.
  The center stand Mod I mentioned earlier worked great..
  Unfortunately the Back pressure Control valve didn't work.  *&*%*&#%^ !!!
      {I took it off for now to rethink how to make it operate.}

I used grant's idea and installed extensions. {where the mid pipes fit onto the header ports}
This mod worked with my valve install and seemed to give me some extra clearance.
I liked that, so for now I'll keep it that way.

I did a test ride yesterday and it definitely seems quicker.
But, it also seems to have lost some more low end torque than I hoped , and it is a heck of a lot louder..  :-[
Will ride it awhile and see if I get to like it...

NOTE: While on the test ride I discovered I forgot to hook up my right front blinker and my horns didn't work.
                *&*%*&#%^ !!!  :mad:

So, I pulled the right plastic {again} to hook up the wire and discovered my horn harness had some broken wires.
*&*%*&#%^ !!!  again..      Fixed those today.
  Since I have the horns off I ordered some Piaa's and will put everything back together when they arrive.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider

I planned ahead.
I kept the garage doors closed, opened the door to my house, and used a fan to blow air conditioned air into the attached garage.
95* outside, about 80* in the garage...

Ride safe, Ted

killingbugs

I have 2 or 3 ZX14 headers, a Muzzy Left side muffler mount and a pair of used 2 Bros Carbon Fiber slip-ons.
I guess I will list them in C-14 classifieds..

ron203

Southeast Area Director
MGalleryItem.php