• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ZX10 front fender on a ZG14?

I put a ZX10R fender on my ZX14. Got a set of brackets from Dubious that made it an easy switch.

I assume those would work fine on a C14. The ZX10R fender had to be a pre-2007 model, though I later saw brackets to fit a 2007+ ZX10R fender to the ZX14.

I like the top but not the sides of it. Might be a mod in my future so I'll stick around for feedback.  :popcorn:

When you run the ZX10R fender on either the ZX14 or C14, you have no options, you must run a radiator guard, because the ZX10R fender won't deflect rocks around the radiator like the OEM fender does. Of course many of us put the radiator guard on anyway.

JR said:
When you run the ZX10R fender on either the ZX14 or C14, you have no options, you must run a radiator guard, because the ZX10R fender won't deflect rocks around the radiator like the OEM fender does. Of course many of us put the radiator guard on anyway.
Can you still put a fender extender on a ZX10 fender. I ran that for a year on my C14 before I finally decided to put the radiator guard on. I like both even though some think it's like wearing a belt and suspenders, the fender extender really does protect the lower a lot.

Good question. It all depends on if someone makes one for the ZX10R, of course. It is a narrower fender.

I have front and rear extenders on mine, and love them. I also have a radiator guard. Nice how the radiator guard stays clean now. But is still there in the event a truck throws a stone my way.

JR said:
I put a ZX10R fender on my ZX14. Got a set of brackets from Dubious that made it an easy switch.

I assume those would work fine on a C14. The ZX10R fender had to be a pre-2007 model, though I later saw brackets to fit a 2007+ ZX10R fender to the ZX14.

That ebay link I posted for the brackets says it works for 2006 & 2007 ZX10 front fenders.

JR said:

Yep, I've already got the rad guard on so I should be good to go on that.

I've decided to go ahead and move forward with this, I just ordered up the conversion brackets and found a ZX10 front fender on ebay that has carbon fiber sides on it. I still have paint left over from doing the lowers so when this fender arrives next week I'm gonna drop it of at the painter and when I get back from the National it will be all done and ready to put on.
>:D

Here's the ZX10 fender with the carbon fiber sides that I bought, I think the carbon fiber sides will go nicely with the carbon fiber rear hugger and Muzzys, and then the top will be painted in matching green as the rest of my bodywork.  :great:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-KAWASAKI-NINJA-ZX10-ZX10R-BLUE-CARBON-FIBER-FRONT-FENDER-COWL-FAIRING-/281152059802?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=ySRLqWvJdogRbv5%252BPrmuNJVO9Us%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I like the looks of this fender to, it's now on my todo list. Thanks for doing the homework brotha.  :great:

Gumby said:
I like the looks of this fender to, it's now on my todo list. Thanks for doing the homework brotha.  :great:

No worries bro.  :beerchug:

I actually just pulled the trigger on another ZX10 fender too just in case I don't like the carbon fiber on the other one...  :truce:

The 2nd one is black (link below), so if I opt to go with the carbon fiber one then I've got another spare for the shelf... or for yer bike.  ;D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380690408268?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Ok, my painter got the ZX10 front fender all painted up while I was at the National, picked it up today, it looks great in the matching green IMO!  :great:

Now I just need to decide if I want to run the carbon fiber sides with it or the painted sides and add the black ABS stickers...  ???

Install is this Saturday....  >:D

You can't put your own fender on?  :-[

You're killin me over here.  :rotflmao:

I'd go all green.

Gumby said:
You can't put your own fender on?  :-[

You're killin me over here.  :rotflmao:

I'd go all green.

Gotta do a couple tweaks with the Ohlins forks to make it fit sano, nothing major, but I'll gladly let them handle it vs me f'n something up...  ;) :beerchug:

Since you've got the carbon fiber hugger, go with the carbon sides on the front to match. No decals-
Lookin' forward to more pics! My C14 and I live vicariously through them... :beerchug:

Well, install is a no-go today, the conversion brackets I bought use the 2 forward mounting points on the ZX and ZG forks, my ZX14 Ohlins forks don't have those 2 mounting points, they just have a single mount arm connection on the front which is where the fender bolt mounts to...
:mad:

So now I'm going to have to get something fab'd up to make it work... I'm gonna give Dan Kyle a buzz on Monday to see if he has any suggestions and go from there...

:'(

ZG said:
Well, install is a no-go today, the conversion brackets I bought use the 2 forward mounting points on the ZX and ZG forks, my ZX14 Ohlins forks don't have those 2 mounting points, they just have a single mount arm connection on the front which is where the fender bolt mounts to...
:mad:

Ahhh, the troubled life of mounting a custom ZX10 fender to Ohlin's forks perched on a C14...

I am of the faith that you'll get it sorted-  :beerchug:

Well, sorry to say this project is a no-go for me...  :(

The brackets to make the ZX10 fender fit on the ZG will only work if you have the ZG oem forks (with factory mounting points), which I just don't have with my Ohlins...  :-[

So in short, FAIL for me, $500 flushed down the toilet, I'll take my lumps and move on...  :mad:  :truce:

I'm going a different direction now, I'll post up a new thread for that.  ;D

Zarticus said:
Make some custom brackets or have some made  :beerchug:

I tried that approach Z with no success, all the machinist I talked to needed to have my Ohlins forks to do that (understandably), and I just don't want to do that...  ???

I don't want to try half-ass jimmy rigging something that has to be able to hold with air getting under it at buck fifty speeds legal highway speeds...  ;)

By the way, I'll let Gumby pick this thread up from here, the conversion brackets and fender are now his...  :beerchug:

ZG said:
So in short, FAIL for me, $500 flushed down the toilet, I'll take my lumps and move on...  :mad:  :truce:
I'll recoup ya $32.50. You take Paypal?  :rotflmao:

Well what do ya think? I don't care for any combination of these pieces. You can have them all back Jay  :p I'm going to buy an all black one.

Granny panties

Thong

ZG said:
Ok, my painter got the ZX10 front fender all painted up while I was at the National, picked it up today, it looks great in the matching green IMO!  :great:

Now I just need to decide if I want to run the carbon fiber sides with it or the painted sides and add the black ABS stickers...  ???

Install is this Saturday....  >:D

Can I find the Carbon Fiber sides for my stock 2013 C14 front fender? I like that look with the metalic black paint.

Andy said:
Can I find the Carbon Fiber sides for my stock 2013 C14 front fender? I like that look with the metalic black paint.

Sorry Andy, the C14 oem fender is a one piece, you'd have to go with the ZX10 front fender to have the carbon fiber sides.

EBay says my new fender is at the Post Office today.  :great:

I really needed a good reason to leave work early today.  :D

Stay tuned for pictures.

The fender showed up in excellent condition. The only thing I had to clean off were fingerprints.  :great:
Should I go badge-less and make people wonder even more?

I like it bro, much cleaner look IMO!  :great: :beerchug:

I still think the carbon fiber sides look better than the textured plastic though...  ???

As for the badges, I actually like badges on bikes/cars, change the color of em if you want but I vote for keeping badges.  ;) :)

ZG said:
As for the badges, I actually like badges on bikes/cars, change the color of em if you want but I vote for keeping badges.  ;) :)
Ok, I'll paint them black.  :rotflmao:

Gumby said:
ZG said:
Ok, I'll paint them black.  :rotflmao:

Actually I think black could be really cool if you did it in either a lighter black or darker black, subtle but cool IMO.  :great:

ZG said:
Actually I think black could be really cool if you did it in either a lighter black or darker black, subtle but cool IMO.  :great:
I will drop them off at Artistic tomorrow, I have a $500 credit account right?

Gumby said:
ZG said:
I will drop them off at Artistic tomorrow, I have a $500 credit account right?

What's mine is yer's brutha!  ;D :beerchug:

Hope you guys don't mind me digging up this old thread.

The reason the ZX14 guys do it is to make it run cooler.  Curious if anyone that's done this mod noticed a difference.

RyanP said:
Hope you guys don't mind me digging up this old thread.
NO PROBLEM :great:
The reason the ZX14 guys do it is to make it run cooler.  Curious if anyone that's done this mod noticed a difference.
Nope didn't notice the difference in temp., but it looks so much better.