• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Zx9 front end swap

Motorcyclerider

So I started ordering the parts for the swap. Found and old thread that was quite detailed. One thing that threw me off was it said to cut the steering stem from the Zx9 lower triple proud 3/16 inch. Can anyone that’s done this swap explain this further.

Haven't done this, but think I recall that they had to cut some material from the side to side stops so the bars would turn further.

Haven't done this, but think I recall that they had to cut some material from the side to side stops so the bars would turn further.
Well if it’s been done I’m sure I’ll be able to figure it out. Luckily I have a parts bike to mock it up on. The thing that I’m unsure of is that says you have to use the zx9 stem as a bushing. Says you have to machine the lower zx9 clamp