• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2009 Connie. Running Zumo 590 wiring harness help.

ss1179852

Woody in BC
I purchased a used 590 and would love a bit of guidance on where others routed the wiring harness. Intimidated on the path and removing plastics a bit. Where did you keep the excess cables etc. I have a Ram ball on my riser so that’s great. Direct wire to battery, get power from fuse block or tie to the switched spares just past the bars?
Sorry if that is vague. Appreciate any links or specific info.
I’m sure someone has knowledge out there.
Thank you very much.
Woody.

I think there’s a set of accessory leads under the left front fairing, hidden in a black plastic boot, which is sort of bell shaped. Behind and tucked under the pocket. Unless yours had already been used for something, you might tie into those. Tie off the excess to something with a zip tie but be sure you have full handlebar swing.

Need a little more information. Do you have a accessory fuse block ? Personally I would not do directly to the battery, If you forget to turn the unit off well you not that means. Ron is right about the location. You will have to take the glove box plastic off. Just bundle the extra under there with a zip tie.

Suggest running the wiring to the keyed auxiliary accessory wires within the boot of wires, as mentioned left side under the ‘dash’.

Stock the connectors provided are bullets and are an easy, instant hookup. For extra wiring you can clip it back or simply loop it up and tie it to one of the brackets.

Going this route to the keyed accessory wiring only when the machine is turned to on will there be power, preventing mishaps / dead batteries.

See photo below,

Wayne

image.jpg

That “bell shaped” rubber device houses the wires. Good photo Wayne. Need to save that one with a description in the tech section.

Thanks to all. I did find the spare switched aux lead for the 12 volts under the “boot” and it was very handy.
Just looped the extra and secured it close to the boot.
Confirmed all is fine and it allows for the full turning radius of the handlebars.
Thanks to all for the info. It was a “ One Taker” and went smoothly with that info!
Woody.

Thanks to all. I did find the spare switched aux lead for the 12 volts under the “boot” and it was very handy.
Just looped the extra and secured it close to the boot.
Confirmed all is fine and it allows for the full turning radius of the handlebars.
Thanks to all for the info. It was a “ One Taker” and went smoothly with that info!
Woody.
AWESOME, Glad all worked out.

FYI - There is another similar set of auxiliary leads in the tail of the machine, aside the ECU. Also believe this one is 'keyed' as well.

Wayne

Hmm. 🤔 looked back there.
Saw a label for a circuit but didn’t want to muck around and do something dumb.
The front aux circuit was great as I didn’t have to route the cable thru.
But good to know for some other farkle I think I need but probably can do without. 😂
I used to be able to look at a map when I was younger and remember the route.
Not anymore. The gps will be great.
Thanks again to all that responded!