• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

April 3-7 Unofficial Un-Brrr @ Natural Bridge KOA [VA]

DustyStrom

Since we cancelled last fall's end of season "Brrr ride" we are hosting an unofficial COG ride to (sort of) kick off the new riding season!

We will camp at the Natural Bridge KOA located at 214 Killdeer Lane , Natural Bridge, VA 24578. Actually as usual the "COG Horsemen" will be in Cabin 63.

Meet at Cabin 63 campfire for info on plans -- expect informal group breakfast at 8am and informal group dinner at 6pm at The Pink Cadillac Diner located less than half a mile from the campground. Or maybe some other plan - but riding beautiful roads will be involved.

Join us!

Going to be a fun and low key event. Expecting Roger, Paul, Wayne, Dusty & Mike from Florida plus whomever else decides to come!

Brian from Canada is likely if the large ice glaciers melt from the streets in time and probably John as well (unless he stays up North to observe the eclipse).

As Jason might say: Book those Cabins! Or tent sites or what have you.

Dusty,
Me and the johnstown Gang have our eye on the Budget Inn, behind the Pink Cadillac Diner!
Watching the weather.
It will be a last minute decision.
jason

Roger (aka Roger Magellan) has developed some nice routes (tons of great roads and destinations in the area). Also believe he has been honing his šŸ”„ skills ....

Weather should be nice, and lots of spring blooming everywhere.

Although all my weather apps stop at that mythical land of "Canada", I believe that Brian & John will be able to burst through the border to join us "southerners" for Un-Brrr!

Looking forward to this, have some good routes mapped out, some easy dirt and some all pavement. Going to hit a new BBQ place as well, Bluegrass BBQ in Pembroke, VA. See ya soon!

And I have a line on some free firewood that hopefully I'll be picking up today or tomorrow.

Good Morning & Happy Easter šŸ° everyone.

Yesterday the temps were 77/42 in Natural Bridge - great! (Fahrenheit of course, could be anything in Celsius - nobody has a clue here).

Up to low 80s, but yeah - well, later this week forecast is for high 50s with lows in mid 30s - certainly qualifies as the "Un-Brrr" but still I'd being a jacket for around the campfire.
šŸ™‚

Book them rooms, bunks or tent sites!

The weather up here on the mountain isn't looking great for Friday..............
But Saturday & Sunday are looking pretty good!
I'll decide later in the week.
jason

Dusty is home.

What a nice Un-Brrr event (even if it was pretty Brrr like).

I am basically the only COG-er in SWVa so having the Brrr & Un-Brrr at Natural Bridge is pretty convenient for me. Was able to come up for two different nights and breakfast but still able to meet commitments at hime.

Was really great to see folks. We even got all four Horsemen together around the campfire - very nice! It was like a Kermit & REI chair convention.

Wayne, John & Dave made the long trip but Mike coming from Florida wins the prize. Apparently the Pennsylvania folks were snowed in. I am reliably informed the Canadian duo (Brian & John) braved the ice and howling winds, but then pulled into the first Tim Horton's and have not been seen or heard from again!

Steve Smith was nice enough to give me a COG Banner (thanks Steve) I have passed it on to Roger for the next event.

Hope all make it home safe
(and warm).