• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dunlap roadsmart 2

Motorcyclerider

I go through tires quite fast. Found some some Dunlop roadsport 2 tires delivered for $220. Anybody have good reviews for these the roadsmart 3 are around $340. Anyone have any input. I’m running 17” wheels front and rear.

Last edited:
We had very good luck with the Roadsmart 2's. The 3's are probably better, but not $100 better.

For a while we could get a set of the 2's for about $120 and went thru about 5 sets each.
The mileage wasn't what I would call outstanding, but it was near the wear that we were getting from far more expensive tires.

We generally get about 2500 to 3000 miles out of a set while riding Arkansas etc.
** All of our miles are in the Twisties and not highway/cross country, so that explains my low mileage.

The Dunlop's gave us that, maybe a bit more, good traction, wore evenly, did good in rain, and the edges of the tread didn't feather.
On many tires we have tried, the tread edges feather or wear cupped.
These didn't.

We found out about the tires from ZG/Kim. He discovered them. At the time, Dunlop had started building the 3's, and put the 2's on sale. And they continued to build them but updated to the new 3's compound.

In my experience MY tires in MY local all seem to get about the same mileage.
I've been keeping a log for 20 years now.
From the really cheap Dunlops 2's and Michelin's Pilot's to the high end RS4's I get 6200- to, rarely, 7000 max.
There have been a couple of outliers.
I had a front Bridgestone Spitfire that went 9 K
A couple of rock hard Metzlers went a bit further too.
I read some guys getting 20 K on tires!
I get a 1/3 rd or less in SW USA of those numbers.
IMHO about all tires feel the same when new.
It's the second half that the differences come into view
Nick
2014 C-14

I running Dunlop Roadsmart 3’s on my ‘00 C-10, front and rear, for about 7k miles. Grips like crazy and does great on dry or wet Western NC roads. Made a huge difference in ride and feel. When I put my M/S rear on, I initially went with a Shinko 777 most for cost. Got about 5k before it went past wear point to me to be comfortable. RS3 is good enough until they wear down and then I’ll put my 17” up front. Probably mid-summer.
Quite happy and will stay with them until I don’t. 🤪