• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Estimated cost to paint saddle bag cover

lloydcliff3210

During the winter I attempted to repaint one of my saddle bag covers. Its the three part neutron silver on the 2008's. The result was pretty average and I'm not happy with it. Anyone know the cost of having it professionally re-painted? I see that the Neutron Silver covers are back in stock after a long time unavailable, and I can buy new for $504. Weighing up new versus repainting.

Neutron silver matched out to a Ford color but I dont remember which one , If you can prep the covers, and line up a few holes in the swiss cheese and find a large paint shop that has some left over paint it may be cheap...but shops dont seem to want small jobs. Did you use a gun? clear coat?

Last edited:
Neutron silver matched out to a Ford color but I dont remember which one , If you can prep the covers, and line up a few holes in the swiss cheese and find a large paint shop that has some left over paint it may be cheap...but shops dont seem to want small jobs. Did you use a gun? clear coat?
I used rattle cans from Colorrite. I used the correct primer, base color, top color and clear, and the color was a good match I just couldn't get the color to be consistently even and in the sunlight it looks patchy.