• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Grip Puppy Mod

stirfoo8824

I've used these things for a while and love um but they don't last very long (subjective). I think I have about 3k on the last set, installed the end of Feb 2024. Of course it's always the left one in the exact same spot because of the clutch action.

I had thought of putting large heat shrink tubing over the foam. That stuff is pretty tough. But, I wonder if it will further reduce the heat coming off the grip heaters. The grip puppies already kill some of the heat. And, would they possibly become slick in the rain. I guess you could probably scuff them up with some heavy grit sandpaper.

Anyone tried the heat shrink?

Attachments

• IMG_20240505_121634832.jpg
    IMG_20240505_121634832.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 11
Try trimming before placing so the it is slightly shorter than to stock grip. That should cause less movement of the grip puppy. Mine last about 20000 miles and it sits in the sun and rain at least 1500 hours a year at work

The grip puppies are too big for my hand, so I discovered these.
They are smaller than the Grip puppies but cover the "hard" stock grips. They are a bit easier on the hands and increase the OD just e'nuff for me.
NOTE: {They last longer than the Puppies, but not as long as a new grip}.

Last edited:
For years I have used gel wrap tape used on baseball and softball bats. Increases the size of the grips and smooths out some vibes.