• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Just ordered a Kawasaki touring seat for my 2022

dzywicki9209

I love my Concours. I bought it new at the end of 2022 and still loving it. I went ona. couple of hour group ride this past weekend. Was ~2.5 hours with no stops. My butt was feeling it. I am planning on going to the rally this summer. I live in Northern Va. so about 4 hours away. Decided to not wait and get a touring seat. I searched a bunch of threads and the Kawasaki option seemed to get really good reviews. Ordered from my local dealer (they give e 10% off sice I purchased my Concours there). Looking forward to giving it a try. I was surprised by the cost and had the obvious thought: if it's so much better why not put it on the bike in the first place and bump the price a bit. Then again hard to complain about the price not really changing for many years. Still sad the Concours is no more. Glad I have one.

I love my Concours. I bought it new at the end of 2022 and still loving it. I went ona. couple of hour group ride this past weekend. Was ~2.5 hours with no stops. My butt was feeling it. I am planning on going to the rally this summer. I live in Northern Va. so about 4 hours away. Decided to not wait and get a touring seat. I searched a bunch of threads and the Kawasaki option seemed to get really good reviews. Ordered from my local dealer (they give e 10% off sice I purchased my Concours there). Looking forward to giving it a try. I was surprised by the cost and had the obvious thought: if it's so much better why not put it on the bike in the first place and bump the price a bit. Then again hard to complain about the price not really changing for many years. Still sad the Concours is no more. Glad I have one.
Well, some other manufacturers (cough, HD, cough) earn significant revenue by selling a basic bike and then directing you to the accessories and performance parts counter across the showroom where you spend thousands more to replace the brand-new parts your bike came with.

Seat came in today so I went to pick it up. Swapped it out but didn't get to go for a ride. Looks nice. Hopefully can get a short ride n tomorrow to check it out. Will be gone for a few dyas and over the weekend so may not get a chance for a decently long ride for a week or so.

Attachments

• IMG_8998.JPG
    IMG_8998.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8999.JPG
    IMG_8999.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Bud