• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

KB highway pegs?

Connierider59!

I found these pegs and I'd like to install on my '02. Unfortunately that's all I found-no hardware or anything. I'm not sure I have everything I need to install. What else is missing or would I need and where would I find? He mentioned something about aluminum hex parts with the long studs???? Thanks 'o noble and revered Cogdom.

Attachments

• foot pegs (640x384).jpg
    foot pegs (640x384).jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 72
I have those.  There is hex bar stock on each side about ?3" long with what I think is just a pass through hole for an extra long engine mount bolt.  The length is such as to allow the flat parts you have there to be mounted under the bolt, then through the hex and then into the frame/engine allowing the flat plate to stick out the air vent on each side.  The pegs then mount to the other hole in the flat plates.  You have to make a hole in the air deflectors on each side of the engine for the hex stock to pass through also.  If really desperate to make it work PM me and I will get dimensions and pics but I have to pull plastic to do it.

I have those on my bike also. Very nice.

You are missing four bolts and four star/lock washers. The great thing about the KB's is you don't have to do any cutting of your fiberglass panels. The two bars, roughly 3 inches long, pass through the air vents in the right and left side lower fairing panels. When installed the bars will be oriented in line with the bike from front to back. If viewed from the side, the bars will be at about a 45 degree angle with the front part of the bar about two inches lower than the rear part of the bar.

You will have to cut a right side and left side hole through the black plastic which is under your lower fairing. Locating those holes correctly is the most difficult part of installation.

I looked at a couple other highway peg options and the KB's seemed miles ahead. 

Ari- If and when you get your highway pegs installed, consider mounting the MondoMotos on them. I did and it made for a nice installation. Sorry I'm too dumb to post photos, but the bike is in NY and I'm in FL until May 7 or so. If you haven't completed it maybe we can get together at Americade in June.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

AriBklyn said:
I found these pegs and I'd like to install on my '02. Unfortunately that's all I found-no hardware or anything. I'm not sure I have everything I need to install. What else is missing or would I need and where would I find? He mentioned something about aluminum hex parts with the long studs???? Thanks 'o noble and revered Cogdom.

I scanned the instructions that came with my Hwy pegs - they may help, if you don't have them. The file is too large to attach, however.  If you give me an email address, I'll be happy to send the file to you.  The email option on the COG forum won't let me attach a file at all, I don't believe. Best of Luck!

Phil

I just recently purchased a set of these highway pegs from Murph but have not installed them yet.  If you need pictures or dimensions of what you are missing I should be able to help.

My bike came with a set of these pegs, so I figured I'd pass along a bit of info (which is probably the kind of thing that is out there, but I couldn't find in a search). The pegs have sharp grooves cut, which accept a #15 plumbing O-ring perfectly. I think it adds a nice look and provides a grippier rubber surface for your boot.

There are 16 grooves on each peg, so you need 32 total O-rings. I got 10-packs for about $3 each from Menards.
1000004066.jpg