• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kwik Kamp Axle Needed

Bud

Friend of a friend needs a stub axle for a Kwik Kamp trailer. Any recommendations or tips? This won't be an easy one I'm afraid.IMG_20230806_083225.jpg

That looks like a small “tortion axle”??

I googled em when I was checking em out last year for a project
IIRC there were a lot of various sizes etc

I started looking more after I posted. OEM isn't going to happen. For what he's after, finding anything much cheaper than what Bob posted probably won't happen unless you go Chinese. Thanks for taking the time to look! We'll see what happens.

U asked and they delivered...and here u thoughtu had a problem, Bud....lol
The brain trust here is quite valuable! I'm going to have to ask if there's a story to go along with the picture. I'm betting there is.

I started looking more after I posted. OEM isn't going to happen. For what he's after, finding anything much cheaper than what Bob posted probably won't happen unless you go Chinese. Thanks for taking the time to look! We'll see what happens.

I kept looking.
They had a light duty set for $379/pair

Reactions: Bud
The brain trust here is quite valuable! I'm going to have to ask if there's a story to go along with the picture. I'm betting there is.
What picture are u refering to bud? My avatar pic for me, of my orange c14? If so no fascinating story. My favorite color is orange. My 2010 c14 was that dark blue. Bought the bike cuz it was the right price for all the farkles it had on it, but it was blue, and im a big fan of loud bright colors. I . Had always wanted a c5 corvette in atomic orange. Soooo, painting my bike corvette atomic orange was as close as I was going to get to getting my vette.

What picture are u refering to bud? My avatar pic for me, of my orange c14? If so no fascinating story. My favorite color is orange. My 2010 c14 was that dark blue. Bought the bike cuz it was the right price for all the farkles it had on it, but it was blue, and im a big fan of loud bright colors. I . Had always wanted a c5 corvette in atomic orange. Soooo, painting my bike corvette atomic orange was as close as I was going to get to getting my vette.
I'm referring to the picture I posted of the stub axle in the first post of the thread. Looks like another......

What picture are u referring to bud? My avatar pic for me, of my orange c14?
ahh, no.

Sometimes deciphering forum posts can be a problem. Especially if the posts were made from a phone where typing for over 50ers
is not ingrained into our thumb's muscle memory (yet, and maybe never) so posts are mentally edited for less typing (or is it texting on a phone even if you're posting?). However, since I'm sitting in a recliner with a full sized keyboard in my lap and can type until my coffee cup is drained I'll add my thoughts and interpretation.

Bud was posting and musing about the photo he posted at the top of the thread, which I now surmise was provided by his friend without the back story.

However I must admit that, even if it's totally unrelated to this thread (you knew I'd use any excuse to go off topic, right?), Konehead's bike looks great. Especially when it isn't leaking antifreeze. I would refer to the color as Coppertone instead of orange, but to each their own I guess.
i-GLbQ8cq-4K.jpg

I could go on and on, but my coffee cup is empty now.....so my loss is your gain.... ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------
Bud clarified while I was typing but I just couldn't let it go to waste, even if you wished I had.

Last edited:
Loving it!! Great pic Marty. I didnt have that one, just pics of me taking it apart in the lot of the hotel, just b4 the rally dinner...

Wow, im pictureless..

I will.say there's nothing quite like riding on a rustic road uve never been on before, and having ur rad go swoosh with a cloud. Lol. It was a very interesting day.

The true spirit of the cog community was there to help, with water, rok straps, and man power getting my bike onto a good Samaritan's trailer for the 30 mile ride back to.rally.central. and then getting her off again, providing tools and a refreshing beverage when it was clear I needed it. All on the afternoon of the rally dinner night.

Sounds like Joshua Holder (Robert's son, from Texas) pulling out their tools in the parking lot in Alabama in 2021, after the rally dinner, to work on Irene's bike.
Maybe not in the end category...or Ted pouring just a little beer under Rev's bike in Missouri... you know, the one on which Rev had coolant leak issues. :rolleyes:

What/who,,, me??
You must have me confused with someone else that does evil nasty things to Rev.
And (if it were me), I would use Coke, as Coke looks more like a coolant leak than beer.
(Not sure how I know that)..

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited: