• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Qlink

I picked up a basket case Qlink Pegasus 150 a few years ago. I was surprised and impressed at the high quality engineering. Put it back together and it ran like champ.

Finally! Somebody has seen it!!. I obtained a 250 2011 model. Ruined carb. $100 new. One cylinder was full of fuel. Not good. Idiot hooked up fuel line to suction line. Amazingly, no injury. Rerouted vacuum lines, started right up. Lots of chrome. Traded it for the 02 Connie C10 I now own. Thanks China!! This one looked like a good fake of a Harley. Some people thought it was! Thanks for the reply. Wish I had you on the line when I had that bike.

The one i got was disassembled by a friend of the original owner after he wasn't able to start it, even though it only had 350 miles on it. Turns out the friend mid-diagnosed the problem and replaced the ignition pickup. This didnt work, and they both gave up.

After much study and experimentation. I determined he installed a DC pickup when it needed an AC pickup. A new pickup cost $12. Once installed. It ran great and was a lot of fun around th neighborhood.

I suspect the real original fault was the unmarked kill switch was set to off. It had no markings and not clear in the owners manual. I only figured it out by tracing the wiring.

When I went to their website, I got a chuckle. Their descriptions remind me of when we used to buy Japanese scale models in the 80's, we would have a good laugh at the translations. China is about where Japan was in the early 70's with cars and bikes.

Web site? There's a web site? Missed that. Bought a carb out of Houston for $100. Wasn't the same, but it did the trick. Still have the original.

When I went to their website, I got a chuckle. Their descriptions remind me of when we used to buy Japanese scale models in the 80's, we would have a good laugh at the translations. China is about where Japan was in the early 70's with cars and bikes.
The amusing Chinglish instructions is one of my favorite parts about cheap import products.

This is a pretty epic example: