• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Seat Cover Compatibility

howiwishu614508

Hi everyone! Quick quest ion about seat covers - I have a 2005 and need a new seat cover. I found a new leather cover in Europe I like for a good price, but the ebay listing is all in German (I think). It shows a compatibility list for the ZGs and GTRs, but the latest year listed is 1993. Will this work for my bike? Were there changes in the seat over the years?

Thanks everyone, and a happy belated New Year to all!

Hi everyone! Quick quest ion about seat covers - I have a 2005 and need a new seat cover. I found a new leather cover in Europe I like for a good price, but the ebay listing is all in German (I think). It shows a compatibility list for the ZGs and GTRs, but the latest year listed is 1993. Will this work for my bike? Were there changes in the seat over the years?

Thanks everyone, and a happy belated New Year to all!

Someone correct me, but the seat should be the same across all years of C10s. The only differences were to the instrument cluster, brakes, and forks.

So you should be good to go!

-Z

The early model seats (86-95 ?) were a bit flatter . I have been pretty happy with this cover for the later style seats . I used it over my Corbin however . Well made for the money .

Attachments

• 20221106_115410_HDR.jpg
    20221106_115410_HDR.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 17
Beautiful bike, and yes, seat cover looks great! Thanks for the reply. I already hit the 'buy' button on this other seat cover, so I'm hoping it will work.

Last edited:
Immediately; Send the seller a note and ask if it's for the later model seats (with the step).
Because I think you ordered 1 for an early seat. (without the step)

Also Ebay has seats covers for about $40 and ship.
They show the seat you need to be 94 and up.

Another question; Why not buy a complete/used seat?
Many in the club (including me) have one in great shape and you don't have to do a seat recover.

Ride safe, Ted

The OEM seats had two versions, although both styles interchange on all year's C10.

1986-1993 (Bike in photo is an 88)
2012-02-18_15-14-43_744.jpg

1994-2006 (Bike in photo is an 02)
WIN_20140521_170842.JPG

The reason I bought this particular cover is because 1) it is a genuine Kawasaki part, 2) it is leather, 3) I like the seat pattern, and 4) price. $40 for a leather, genuine OEM. Hard to beat that deal.

I tried to contact the seller before buying and ask them if this would be a suitable cover fort my 2005 but never got a response. I dont think these people speak english. I then contacted them to see if it was too late to cancel the order but, again, no response.

The cover may not fit my bike, but if that's the case, what i can say is that i have NEVER heard of any differences in the seat design over the years, but apparently that may not be the case. If this cover doesn't fit, I will simply throw it out on ebay for $40 or list it on COG. Either way, it would be a good deal for someone with the correct seat. After that, I will buy the seat cover shown in the post above. This cover was too lucrative a deal to pass on if it would fit.

Not real crazy about the idea of installing the new cover but i will.

Thanks for the info and reply.

Thanks for the photos, stasch. You can see the difference between the two.

Oh well, not the first time I've wasted money on this bike and surely will not be the last. It depends on whether I can cancel the order or not.

If I cant cancel the order and someone here is interested in this cover, feel free to contact me. $40 would make this a good deal for someone.

The early model seats (86-95 ?) were a bit flatter . I have been pretty happy with this cover for the later style seats . I used it over my Corbin however . Well made for the money .

Cra-z1000

ordered the same cover today. was 49.55 with tax and shipping. thanks for the info and help.