• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Tech Session - Bloomington MN April 20th

MuddyWaters

Bold North AAD
Gary Hasert is hosting a Tech Session at his home in Bloomington MN on April 20th. Gary has a tire changer, lift, and a nicely equipped shop.

Bring your bike and get it ready for the riding season or just come and hang out.

Previous projects have included all types of brake repair, C10 valve adjustment, electrical accessory installation, wheel bearing replacement, C14 plastic replacement, tire replacement and balancing, and many more. There will be attendees there who have experience with repairs on both the C14 and C10.

More information and to RSVP check out the Calendar of Events .

Gary Hasert is hosting a Tech Session at his home in Bloomington MN on April 20th. Gary has a tire changer, lift, and a nicely equipped shop.

Bring your bike and get it ready for the riding season or just come and hang out.

Previous projects have included all types of brake repair, C10 valve adjustment, electrical accessory installation, wheel bearing replacement, C14 plastic replacement, tire replacement and balancing, and many more. There will be attendees there who have experience with repairs on both the C14 and C10.

More information and to RSVP check out the Calendar of Events .
I am really looking forward to meeting you guys on April 20th! I am doing everything I can to prepare for that day. I was wondering if we had an agenda for the day and what I could prepare to do. If I could choose a couple things I would like to install my Heli Horizon bars and then learn how to remove the fairings. Would be nice to replace the air filter and change the coolant while the fairings are off. That is what I would like but I don’t want to monopolize the time and keep others from doing what they want to do as well. If nothing else, I just want to learn as much as I can so that I can then do things on my own.

I am so grateful for this opportunity. It looks like it will take me about 6-7 hours of riding time from Kansas City (oh darn). I am playing hookie from school on Friday so my plan as of right now is to leave KC Thursday afternoon and make it into the Minneapolis area late Thursday night. Friday I will visit Aerostitch since it is only a couple hours away from Bloomington and they are closed on the weekend. I can either hang out with some folks around the area Friday night or I can just get a motel. I will be prepared either way.

Are we expecting many out-of-towners and what do they plan on doing? If anybody in Missouri or Iowa is heading up and would like to do what I am doing then maybe we can coordinate and enjoy a ride together.

I will be showing up with my Horizon Bars, Brake fluid just in case we have to bleed a line, Coolant, Air Filter, and a blanket to cover Connie while she gets some work done. I will be happy and grateful with anything I can do or learn while together. Can you think of anything else I might need?

I am a new member to COG -- got my '02 last fall, and lovin' it! I am local to the Twin Cities, and am planning to attend. I signed up through the website a few weeks ago.

I don't have any real needs on my bike, but mostly want to meet some fellow owners, show-n-tell, and get acquainted. Thanks for hosting!
Dave

IMG_6050.jpeg

I am a new member to COG -- got my '02 last fall, and lovin' it! I am local to the Twin Cities, and am planning to attend. I signed up through the website a few weeks ago.

I don't have any real needs on my bike, but mostly want to meet some fellow owners, show-n-tell, and get acquainted. Thanks for hosting!
Dave

View attachment 38525
Nice looking bike!

I am really looking forward to meeting you guys on April 20th! I am doing everything I can to prepare for that day. I was wondering if we had an agenda for the day and what I could prepare to do. If I could choose a couple things I would like to install my Heli Horizon bars and then learn how to remove the fairings. Would be nice to replace the air filter and change the coolant while the fairings are off. That is what I would like but I don’t want to monopolize the time and keep others from doing what they want to do as well. If nothing else, I just want to learn as much as I can so that I can then do things on my own.

I am so grateful for this opportunity. It looks like it will take me about 6-7 hours of riding time from Kansas City (oh darn). I am playing hookie from school on Friday so my plan as of right now is to leave KC Thursday afternoon and make it into the Minneapolis area late Thursday night. Friday I will visit Aerostitch since it is only a couple hours away from Bloomington and they are closed on the weekend. I can either hang out with some folks around the area Friday night or I can just get a motel. I will be prepared either way.

Are we expecting many out-of-towners and what do they plan on doing? If anybody in Missouri or Iowa is heading up and would like to do what I am doing then maybe we can coordinate and enjoy a ride together.

I will be showing up with my Horizon Bars, Brake fluid just in case we have to bleed a line, Coolant, Air Filter, and a blanket to cover Connie while she gets some work done. I will be happy and grateful with anything I can do or learn while together. Can you think of anything else I might need?
PM sent

Thanks to Gary for hosting today, for the warm welcome, and it was great to meet so many friendly and knowledgable guys! I especially appreciate that there was no condescension towards a very modest, humble, and old-school C-1000 which has been brought back from the depths. Thank you all, for the helpful hints and good cheer! I enjoyed a nice ride, on a nice day, after leaving Gary's home.

Several guys commented on how well the Cerakote treatment I used restored the deep black and luster to my motorcycle's plastic trim pieces, which had been sitting outside abandoned for a long time before I acquired and rescued the bike. Here is the product -- highly recommended -- easy to use, effective, and reasonably priced:

Cheers guys! I unfortunately will be out of town and miss the group ride the first weekend of May -- but please keep me on your list! My email is avusblue @ yahoo . com

Thanks again
Dave

Hello my new friends! I would be amiss to not take the time to thank each of you for your help today. It really means a lot that an otherwise stranger such as myself could ride all the way up from KC and be welcomed in and taken care of the way you all did for me today. I am so grateful for your time and care to help me get my bars installed. No project seems complete without a little extra effort and surprises along the way such as we found, but with some positivity and a can-do attitude we figured it out.

The bars have transformed my bike. They are exactly what I was hoping they would be and I am very pleased. I am looking forward to the ride home tomorrow and to experience the difference. I already loved the bike and this has improved upon that and has made it more my style.

I am also grateful that Keith showed us how to remove the fairing and teach me how to change the air filter. I now have more confidence to try and do it myself down the road.

All in all, my trip was everything I was hoping it to be. The work done on the bike was great, but even better was the time I got to spend with such fine gentleman. Thanks again, my friends.

Sincerely,
Heath

20240420_112910.jpg20240420_112918.jpg20240420_112952.jpg20240420_215714.jpg20240420_215722.jpg

Thanks again to Gary for hosting the tech session. It was great to see everyone again. I needed that after the winter I had. My back wasn't too happy by the time I got home, but it was worth it.

FYI, I did fire up the FJR and ride a bit on Sunday. Check off one more recovery goal. Not sure how will be able to handle any long distance riding, but it's a start.