• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Windshield Bracket

laker9142

If you need or want a replacement windshield bracket you can PM me for more information. It's the one that breaks. It's hidden behind a plastic cover just above the headlight.

I highly recommend this product. Install time is about 15 mins tops. I just pushed my Concours beast up past 140kph and the windshield was the least of my worries. More like trying to hold on going around some crappy winter heaved corners.

Yesterday I did a 550 mile out and back day through the Columbia River gorge. We had a nice tail wind on the way out, but was fighting a hell of a headwind on the way back... and the upgraded bracket did its job very well. I was fighting to keep from blowing all over my lane, but the windscreen (Vstream) was solid. Most of the ride was sustained 75-85 mph speeds.

The stock bracket may not have survived that trip... but I know for sure it would have been moving around a lot more.

If you need or want a replacement windshield bracket you can PM me for more information. It's the one that breaks. It's hidden behind a plastic cover just above the headlight.
Hi David.
A former COG member contacted me for your email address. He’s in the market for your bracket. His name is Ken Johnson and his address is: 12secondmerc@gmail.com

Pete (Bracket customer)

I just sold 3 brackets last week, now I've got 3 more inquiries. So I'll be making a batch, if anyone is interested. $200 plus shipping.
when you got a great product it sells itself. Thanks for keeping this going. 30K miles on mine and solid as a rock.

Thanks Tom and Pete. I'll email Ken. That makes 5 people waiting and I'm 70% through the manufacturing process, BUT, BIG BUT, my machine broke. It's a 1994 computer controlled retrofit on a Bridgeport. 3 generations out of support. No parts available. I'm getting quotes on a new model and dealing with cataract surgery yesterday. The control box had a loud humming noise for a couple days, then nothing. Possibly a power supply but no parts available. Does Anybody here do old machine repair?

I got it to run by removing and reseating all the boards and ribbon connectors. It still has a very loud hum that it never had before. hopefully it'll run to next week and I'll get this batch done. I can't get any repair guys to call me back so I may be replacing this thing soon. Then I'll be pushing to sell a bunch more brackets! (and other stuff)

Dave, I'm not a machine repair guy, but I've been around them some...if you have boards with edge connectors that plug into a rack, you might try pulling the boards out and rubbing the edge connectors with a ruby red eraser, the type of eraser material that comes on pencils.
When machines had these connection types, the electricians (the good ones) always carried pencils and one told me it was his best tool.
I don't think I'd try this on ribbon cable, but on certainly on edge connectors.
Good luck!