• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB: Crash Bars for C10

x01660

On a Connie in a neighborhood near you
Willing to shell out some good money for a set.

If you're handy with a pipe bender and welder and can make some (they don't need to be pretty, just black), I'd be willing to pay for that as well.

I REALLY need tipover protection. ASAP.

Thanks!

-x01660

I'm in the same boat as you.

As of recently, Murph still has the Rivco rear bars available, and has the hardware kit for the front bars, but no hoops. I bought the front hardware kit and rear bars (haven't put the rear bars on yet, but they look very well made, and would take a fair bit of work to make myself).

The hoops on the front are pretty simple geometry (he sent me a sketch with the hardware kit), so I am planning to make my own hoops. I believe they were made with 1" OD x 1/8" wall tubing, which is essentially the same as 3/4" SCH40 steel pipe. Bending it cleanly with a tight radius like that is tricky (and takes a bigger pipe bender than I currently have), so I am thinking on buying 90 deg weld ells and welding them up with straight cut sections of pipe to avoid any bending work.

We'll see how ambitious I get, but I have also thought about adding a bar off the back that follows the fairing and ties into the rear motor mount. That would brace the bars against bending backward, and hopefully reduce the risk of fairing damage from them folding in. I've seen some elaborate homebuilt bars that included that, which looked pretty good.

I've custom-fabbed a lot of stuff over the years for various things (cars, motorycles, etc), but have gotten to the point in my life where I'm much more willing to buy something ready-made that I know I could make, as I'm slowly realizing my time is valuable too, haha. So, if anyone else out there is looking to sell a set of front tip-over bars, count me as the second in line behind x01660.

SETH. I also have been trying to get a set of front tip over bars for a while now. If you decide to go into the tip over bar business I would like to be your first customer if possible.

Thanks Dean

I have a set of front bars, complete with original fasteners. I had them on my bike for about 5 years. They have a little bug snot on them and maybe a chip or two. I can post a picture if you guys are interested. I would need $75 +shipping, so say $90?
Let me know if there is interest.

I have a set of front bars, complete with original fasteners. I had them on my bike for about 5 years. They have a little bug snot on them and maybe a chip or two. I can post a picture if you guys are interested. I would need $75 +shipping, so say $90?
Let me know if there is interest.

Yes. Please. Let's talk. PM me. :)

Edit: I'm ready to buy them by Sunday. Let's chat. :)

-x01660

Last edited:
Yes. Please. Let's talk. PM me. :)

Edit: I'm ready to buy them by Sunday. Let's chat. :)

-x01660
I will clean them up today, and send you a picture. I do not have the instructions, you will need to see if you can find them off the internet, or if someone would give them to you.

I will clean them up today, and send you a picture. I do not have the instructions, you will need to see if you can find them off the internet, or if someone would give them to you.

Fantastic!! I can get the rears from Murph's, and then I'll be set!

Thank you so much!!

-x01660

For anyone looking for a set of tip-over bars, someone has a set of front and rear Rivco/Murph's up on ebay right now. It looks like they are missing the upper motor mount bolts and required spacer, and maybe another bolt or spacer, but otherwise complete. https://www.ebay.com/itm/126443970431

I haven't finished mine yet, but have assembled some of the materials. I bought the rears from Murph, and the front hardware kit, since he doesn't have the front hoop bars anymore. Since the equipment to bend thick-wall 1" OD pipe at the required tight radius is pretty specialized, I bought some 3/4" Sch40 weld ells and pipe (which has 1" OD). Building the hoop from welding straight sections of pipe and the ells should be pretty simple, with endcaps and welded captive nuts inside for ends at the bike.

I also need to modify the rears a bit for my bike, as my Dale Walker slip-ons use a bracket that doesn't work with the top-over bars. The easiest solution is just to make a new muffler hanger bracket that I'll weld directly onto the tip-over bar. Just need to find the time.

I'll post some updates elsewhere when I make some progress. For anyone else looking for front tip-over bars, I think the hardware kit from Murph and homemade hoops from weld ells and pipe is probably the easiest route to go. If I feel like making a jig when I build my hoops, I might even be convinced to build a few for other folks.

They're quite proud of them too.
Yeah, if they really expect top dollar, they should include the correct top motor mount bolts and spacers. It wouldn't be hard for them to get the correct OE-style allen-head bolts to replace them on the bike.