• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

WTB - Owner Manual &/or Repair Manual for 2005 C10

I just saw a used Clymer manual online for a 1986 - 2004. Wouldn't a 2004 be the same as my 2005?

You can go to the Kawasaki website and view the owner's manual. I don't see a download link, there used to be but apparently they have changed. Clymer is ok for the service manual. Some prefer the factory one. Both show up here from time to time. eBay and FB might have some as well.

murphkits.com has the Clymer manual (and he ships super-fast).

My bike came with both the Clymer and Kawasaki service manuals, and I find myself referring to both, as some things are illustrated or described better in one or the other. Either one alone will have what you need, though. The Clymer includes a lot more general stuff (tools, general procedures, etc) that an experienced mechanic just has to flip past, but is helpful for a novice.

If you do get a Kawasaki service manual, make sure it's a new enough one to cover all the model changes up through 2005. Their manuals (for all models) are written when the model is first introduced, and then as changes are made during the life, they add those as supplements, rather than updating the main manual. Often those are in separate books, but the later editions of the Concours manual has them bound in the back of the same book. Just a warning if you find an older manual (1986-1993) on ebay or somewhere, as it won't have details for the forks and brakes on the 1994-up. There are a few other minor differences, but all the major stuff is the same throughout the years.

The link I posted goes to the Kawasaki site to view the manual. I don't see a download link for a PDF.

the link you posted is busted for me.... probably a URL only good for the user when logged in. That's why I directed him to the website.

1714737118959.png

Last edited:
the link you posted is busted for me.... probably a URL only good for the user when logged in. That's why I directed him to the website.

View attachment 38703
Trying to understand the tech a little better. So Kawasaki will let you access that as long as you are on their website or have a cookie that tells their server that you have been there?

Trying to understand the tech a little better. So Kawasaki will let you access that as long as you are on their website or have a cookie that tells their server that you have been there?

It is very common for organizations to establish security policies that require being logged to their web services to access specific content. For the Kawasaki site, it seems a user needs to be logged in, then click the VIEW button, and it goes to a user specific URL that provides access permission.

I just saw a used Clymer manual online for a 1986 - 2004. Wouldn't a 2004 be the same as my 2005?
Yes I am quite sure it does. I've never seen a Clymer that states the year past 2004. Doesn't mean they aren't out there, but I don't think it matters either way.

The FSM I have is for the 93 and older generation.

I've not found anything lacking in that manual that didn't adequately cover my 2000 and 2003 other than some inner fairing, fairing bracket or instrument pod differences.

Those difference are minor and pretty obvious without needing a manual anyway. But the core mechanical stuff is the same 86-06.

I also cross reference my 86-2004 Clymer when into the nitty gritty.

Yes I am quite sure it does. I've never seen a Clymer that states the year past 2004. Doesn't mean they aren't out there, but I don't think it matters either way.

The FSM I have is for the 93 and older generation.

I've not found anything lacking in that manual that didn't adequately cover my 2000 and 2003 other than some inner fairing, fairing bracket or instrument pod differences.

Those difference are minor and pretty obvious without needing a manual anyway. But the core mechanical stuff is the same 86-06.

I also cross reference my 86-2004 Clymer when into the nitty gritty.
The torque values for a few fasteners on the front forks are different on the 86-93 models, but it's not by much, and the kind of thing that plenty of people just do "gutentight" anyway. So yeah, you really can get by with all the important stuff from an older manual.

If you do get an older manual, shoot me a message and I'll send you photos of the pages with notable differences.

I assume from your user name that you live in Illinois. I live in Bourbonnais, IL 60914. How far are you from Bourbonnais?
I'm up in Aurora, so not too far. I actually used to work for a farmer just outside of Bonfield when I was a teenager.

Let me know if you're ever up near Aurora!