• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

'08 Concours, new to me

joer53

Greetings,
    I started riding "off road" bikes many years ago, my first street bike was a new '69 CL350 Honda.  I progressed from there to a '75 model CB750, '84 GL1100, '91 GL1500, '95 GL1500, '99 Valkyrie Interstate, '02 FLHTCI, '04 GL1800, '05 FLHTCI and now the Concours.  This Concours is without a doubt the most fun to ride of the bunch.  I enjoy touring and camping, completed a trip to Glacier National Park from west Kentucky this summer on the Electra Glide.  This Concours is a great bike combining the quiet smoothness of the Wing with the agility and acceleration of a sport bike.  I enjoyed the Wing riding two up, but riding to work, and running errands, it was just a little too big.  The Concours has enough room for daytrips for my wife and I, and is still fun to ride when going solo.

Welcome Joe,
Most of us here like the bike too  ;)  I have always wanted to get up to the Glacier National Park area.  So far not so good.  Maybe soon though.  How was it?  Ky. has some nice riding though.

smithr said:
I have always wanted to get up to the Glacier National Park area.  So far not so good.  Maybe soon though.  How was it? 

Glacier was great, Going to the Sun Road has all the views a person could want in one day.  We stopped at the Park Cafe in St. Mary, MT and had "pie for life".  The campground at Whitefish, MT was the most expensive I've ever camped in.  I went to Robbinsville, NC a couple of weeks ago, the usual Deal's Gap/Cherohala Skyway ride.  It was great too.  As long as you're riding, it's all good.