• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

1982 LeBlond 19 X 54 engine lathe.

laker9142

I know this is a long shot, but you never know who somebody might know. 6 degrees of separation theory. My son needed something with a bigger hole thru the spindle. This lathe is in very good condition and has a 3 1/16 thru hole. The 12-inch, 6 jaw Bison chuck is over $3k today. It is inch/metric threading, we had to buy the metric change gears for $$$. Everything works as intended, had to fix the brake and some plastic pieces in the servo shift mechanism. LeBlond was bought in 1982 by Makino of Japan and parts are still available. $10k.

Attachments

• Leblond.jpg
    Leblond.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 89
Very impressive lathe. Some of the old engine forums, smokstak, etc have guys that have this brand. Might be worth a look. One of them famously stated, " I have a lathe, I can do anything".

I don't know if you're serious at all. But arrangements can be made. I brought the big one back from Springfield Mo. It weighs close to 7k lbs. and should have been moved rearward on the trailer about a foot. But no problems. The LeBlond weighs about 4500 and you can't even tell its back there.

Attachments

• Sharp trailer.jpg
    Sharp trailer.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Leblond trailer.jpg
    Leblond trailer.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 75