• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2002 K1200LT-C

The man down the street has one. Saw your post and went down and asked him how he like it. He likes the bike but you have better have a boatload of money when it needs repair. His last service with tire change was 1,600 bucks.  :mad:
Wes said:
Going to look at this on Wednesday, 13,000 miles, $8,000, pros? cons?

What kind of service? I'm guessing two tires mounted at the stealer was about $600, but what ate up the other grand?

Wes:

I had a 2000 LTC and I mounted my own tires, so it was just the cost of the tire.  It's not that hard to do.  For the rear, pull the lower part of the rear fender (two screws) loosen four lug nuts and the rear tire is in your hands.  The front, a bit more work, but very much like changing the front on the connie, is short, not a major task.  My only concern with BMW is their rear drive, they have had a lot of failures (RDF).  To give you more info go to this site, join, and you will learn more than you can imagine about a LT.  http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/index.php    These guys know more than the factory and have as many (if not more) mods as our group does with the connie.

As for the ride and handling, it will spoil you.  You want to do long distance, well it is the one to ride and you won't be tired.  Get a backrest, some footpegs, set the cruise, and enjoy!  Now I know you are wondering why did I sell mine, I bought it for two up rides, the wife went with me 4 times in 7 years and I am no longer doing long distance rides, thus no need for a luxury touring bike.