• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2008 C14 Stock seat on a 2011

Yes it will fit.  The foam is a little softer on a 2008 seat and the cover is grey and black as opposed the to 2011 which is all black.

I have to ask why?  I hope you plan on having another seat re-done or something like that. I can't imagine any other reason why you would want to use an OEM seat for anything!  :))

I like the stock seat for 1-up riding and would like to have another to send off to be redone for 2-up. As long as the seat pans are the same, should save a bit of $$ over the core charge.

That's what I figured. As already answered, yes the seat pans off all years C14's will fit. As should the ZX14 seats.

Silver Streak said:
What ZX-14 model year seats will fit a C14?

2006-2011 will work.

But there is one bracket underneath the seat that needs to swapped from the C-14 seat to the ZX-14 seat to attach it correctly/

Jeremy said:
Silver Streak said:
What ZX-14 model year seats will fit a C14?

2006-2011 will work.

But there is one bracket underneath the seat that needs to swapped from the C-14 seat to the ZX-14 seat to attach it correctly/

Jeremy,

Sounds like you have some experience with the ZX-14 seat on a C14. Does the ZX-14 seat look right when used on a C14, no big gaps around body work and fits tight when hardware is swapped out. I would like to try a ZX-14 seat because it looks like it has more room to move front to rear on the seat than a C14 seat allows. I'm 6'4" and the C14 seat doesn't allow me much movement and after a long stint in the seat my knees start to get a little sore. Also does the ZX-14 seat add or take away seat height over the C14 seat? Thanks for any enlightenment you can give me on this subject!

If I had to guess I would say that the ZX-14 seat is a tad shorter, but the transition from front seat, to rear seat is more of a bump instead of the C14's dished out section. This makes sliding around the seat to change position easier than with the C14 seat.  I could slide up to the pillion area very easily (6'2'') and keep one hand on the bars and it was pretty nice.  I only had it on my bike for a little bit and kind of liked it, but I like my Sargent better so the ZX-14 seat will continue to sit in my garage until someone needs it.  The seat looked fine on my C14, I didn't notice any gaps that were larger than normal, but then again I wasn't worried about looks, I was wanting see if it was a comfortable alternative. 

AftonJay1 said:
Does anyone know if you would be able to use the cowl with the zx seat on a connie?

As long as you can figure out a way to secure the cowl it will fit.  I sat one from my buddy's ZX-14 onto my bike and it kinda looked cool.

Jeremy said:
AftonJay1 said:
Does anyone know if you would be able to use the cowl with the zx seat on a connie?

As long as you can figure out a way to secure the cowl it will fit.  I sat one from my buddy's ZX-14 onto my bike and it kinda looked cool.

My original seat cowl for my 2008 ZX14 is in a plastic bag in a box in the basement. If I remember correctly, the cowl bolted to the seat pan, so you could unlock the seat and lift the whole thing off.

I could be wrong, the cowl came off like 5 minutes after I got my ZX14 home, and never went back on.

Privateer said:
Jeremy said:
AftonJay1 said:

My original seat cowl for my 2008 ZX14 is in a plastic bag in a box in the basement. If I remember correctly, the cowl bolted to the seat pan, so you could unlock the seat and lift the whole thing off.

I could be wrong, the cowl came off like 5 minutes after I got my ZX14 home, and never went back on.

That is interesting, my buddy just set it on my seat, I didn't even look to see how it secured.  But I know it fit and looked kinda cool.