• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2010 Tire pressur sensor battery replaced

luther163

Training Wheels
Hi All,

Is it easy to replace battery of sensor on 2010 GTR tire?  I mean only to replace battery.

As i know, the 2011 GTR has difference in designing tire sensor that can be replaced battery.

What is the type of battery?

Replacing the battery in the TPS sensor has been done on the older models without a lot of trouble. But I haven't heard that the 2011 sensor is a different part until now. And if so, probably nobody would have needed to replace them yet. If for some reason they would have. They should be under warranty.

Cap'n Bob said:
Replacing the battery in the TPS sensor has been done on the older models without a lot of trouble. But I haven't heard that the 2011 sensor is a different part until now. And if so, probably nobody would have needed to replace them yet. If for some reason they would have. They should be under warranty.

Hi Bob,
    Yes, You are right that is under warranty.  I am going to change tire to Pilot Road 3 while replacing TPS sensor battery.

It can save me a lot of time in repair.    That's exact what i am doing.

Personally, I wouldn't replace a battery on a 2011 sensor. They should be good for almost 5 years, and won't need to be replaced for a long time.

I'm not aware of any changes to the 2011 sensors myself, but I haven't seen one.

Skup said:
It was my understanding that the sensor and battery were one piece and replaced together.

The sensor isn't really designed to have the battery replaced. However, I've taken a couple apart and it really isn't that hard to do if you know how to solder and take your time.

FYI, if you want to see what the insides of the sensor look like and the battery, I have photos of it here:

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/tiresensor

Fred_Harmon_TX said:
FYI, if you want to see what the insides of the sensor look like and the battery, I have photos of it here:

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/tiresensor

Hi fred,

Much thank.