• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2011 Concours 14 brake light modulator install

bneedles

Training Wheels
Going to install a brake light modulator on my new Concours. Could someone please advise how and where to access the wire to the rear brake light under the seat? I have removed the seat but do not have a clear view of the brake light wire.  Thanks, Bill

You will need to move a few things out of the way. The tool box, ECU, one of the fuse panels and such are in the way. They move pretty easy. Once the ECU and other stuff is out of the way, you will have access to the rear wiring. Some will be under a black boot. But I don't remember exactly what is what back there. (it's been a while)
Anyway, here's a link to Fred Harmon's pictorial on getting to the rear accessory wires. This should get you into the general area. From there you should be able to figure it out. Thank Fred for making these photo's accessible for folks.  8)

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/accleads

Sifford said:
Take a look at Fred's trunk install pictures.  The blue wire is the brake light, red wire is the running/license plate light and black/yellow is ground: http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/trunk

That whole section is exactly like my ZX14, right down to the wire colors, ECU and toolkit mounts, and wire locations. I don't remember seeing any spare leads back there though.

Installation went very smooth, only had to remove the tool kit tray and found the wiring bundle with the blue wire and the yellow/black ground wire right away. Thanks all for your help....