• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2011 photos

Fred H.

Stay tuned to this thread. I'll be posting some photos and info on the new 2011 model here in a day or two.

There is already a picture on the other site from a new 2011 owner in the "Best picture of your 1400" thread!

http://forum.concours.org/index.php?topic=39211.0

But I'm interested in the new info and other photo's!

I plan to have a whole lot more photos from different angles and perspectives and I'll also be looking over the bike real close for any changes as well as speaking with reps from Kawasaki corporate about it.

Someone had said that the sales guy told him the rotors were thicker on the 2011. Probably BS, but something to look at!

I spoke with a Kawasaki official who confirmed that the ABS model will be the only bike sold this year, and that there were no significant changes other than color. He did also confirm that the brake rotor part number has changed, but didn't know specifically what the differences were.

I hope to have photos posted up tonight.

Photos are loaded, click here --> http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/2011_concours

Looks to me like we have a new silver, dammit

They had a 2011 and 2010 parked side by side. I took a digital caliper and measured the brake rotor thickness on both. I found no difference in thickness. I don't know what the difference is in the new ones, but it appears it isn't the thickness.

medium.jpg

BJ_CT said:
BBAR said:
You're right. And I like it better than the 2010 Blue!  8)

This sounds remarkably like payback. >:D

Nah, I've always been more into red/burgundy or sliver/gray cars and bikes! Besides, real dark colors show way too much and are much hotter in the sun!  I know you have marks on yours!  :D