• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2012 Black C14 Ordered!

Gypsy JR

My dealer called me today, said come over at lunchtime. Hung up.

So I went over. They were putting together their first 2012 order. Did I want a 2012 C14? Yes? What color? Black.

So in January I'll get my new C14. How the hell I'll get it from there to home in the snow I have no idea.

Good for you but I still think silver is the fastest color! :)  If you need someone to ride it home in the snow just let me know.  Always ready and happy to assist a fellow Connie rider.

PopPop said:
Good for you but I still think silver is the fastest color! :)  If you need someone to ride it home in the snow just let me know.  Always ready and happy to assist a fellow Connie rider.

Apparently you never talked to me at any of the events... or you'd know..... NOBODY rides my bikes except the tech.

Apparently nobody has ridden the candy arabian red, it's the new fastest color! Congrats on the new ride, you'll love it.

Congrats for your new ride  8)

Mine is Candy Arabian Red...Looks brown in color to me  :))

Orange said:
Congrats for your new ride  8)

Mine is Candy Arabian Red...Looks brown in color to me  :))

That is why I didn't get the "red" one. In almost any light condition, it looks either brown, or rust colored.

Congrats John,  don't worry about getting it home; I'll come pick it up for you in my truck and keep it safe for you in Atlanta until next spring when you thaw out.  Heck, cause I'm such a nice guy, I'll even break it in for you.  :))

Ken said:
Congrats John,  don't worry about getting it home; I'll come pick it up for you in my truck and keep it safe for you in Atlanta until next spring when you thaw out.  Heck, cause I'm such a nice guy, I'll even break it in for you.  :))

Like I wrote, above, nobody rides my bikes but the tech. Nobody.  Heh.

Got two people really interested in my ZX14. Looks like I may have a big down payment for my dealer in a few weeks. :)

Any changes/improvements for 2012?  I was hoping for something new every two years.  No regrets on my 2011.  I'd only be tempted by dual exhaust and factory cruise control.

Nothing improved that I can see. If my dealer wasn't giving me every possible discount and return customer incentive, I'd be buying a 2011.

Well, that and the black paint....  :motonoises:

But since I'm buying a 2012, you can count on a major update in 2013.

I have a list of mods, and had set the Rostra electronic cruise control to #1. But Revsilla has a really good deal on PR3s (and I had a ton of zilla cash credits) so I've got a set of PR3s on the way. When dealer calls and says my bike is in, I'm going to take them over and have them put on.

Guess I'll just sell the OEM tires on eBay or something.

Congrats on the new ride.

The real question I have is:  Snow?  What's snow?  60's and partly cloudy today in Phoenix.  :nananana:

Ya ya, I know, come summer I won't be laughing.  I know. 

EnsoniqDude said:
Didn't want the Root-Beer float brown?

I don't really like it. I am guessing if I got that combination, it would grow on me.

Black is a pain in the neck, it has to constantly washed and waxed or it looks like hell.

Been there done that, I'll just get a box of microfiber sheets and some Poor Boys and a good carnuba wax, and go over it twice a month. It will glisten.  :beerchug: