• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2012 OEM tire make?

Gypsy JR

Apologies if someone posted this somewhere, I used Search and couldn't find it.

Does anyone know the make and model of the OEM tires on the 2012 C14?

I ask, because rumor has it (based on pictures of Ricky Gadsen's 2012 ZX14R) the 2012 ZX14R is shipping with Metzlers instead of the Bridgestones used for the prior years.

I'm going to run whatever they are until they wear out, then slap PR3s on.

Mine has the Bridgstones on it. We will see how they do, the 23's on my ST are pretty much junk.

Ya, mine has the 21's, I was saying I hoped they were better than the 23's on my ST, they are pretty much junk. So far after 2,000mi they seem to be ok, we'll see.

Thanks guys. I was really curious.

The ZX14 folks are beating me up because I am telling them that just because Ricky Gadsen and Roaring Toyz had Metzlers on their pre-production ZX14Rs doesn't mean the production bikes will ship to the US wearing Metzlers, especially since Kawasaki still has a major volume contract with Bridgestone and is putting them on all the other 2012s I'm finding out.

I'm ok with BT-021s, they'd last the first riding season for me.

Then I'll put on a pair of PR3s, and use a 55 profile on the back.

Where do you guys buy your Pilot Road 2s and 3s from? I know Murph sells them, but so do a lot of places.

Stick w/ Murph whenever possible....'cause he is a REAL guy, can help w/ stuff you never thought of, and he supports us through COG!  :beerchug:

ST eater said:
Ya, mine has the 21's, I was saying I hoped they were better than the 23's on my ST, they are pretty much junk. So far after 2,000mi they seem to be ok, we'll see.
I have 023 on mine and they are great, a buddy has them on his ST1300 and has 18,000 on his front tire. I had 8,000 on my front and still not near the wear bars but had a new one put on when I had the TPM unit replaced, since they mounted it for free at that time. I should get at least 12,000 miles from it,.

I got new PR3 tires.

Apologies to Murph, but I had a good bit of Zilla Cash built up at RevZilla, and they had them discounted for Christmas so I couldn't resist. Plus, they move tires so fast, I am sure I got fresh ones, but I haven't opened the boxes yet. They arrived in the same boxes they got shipped to RevZilla in from Michelin.

I'm guessing they get a truck load every few weeks.