• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2014 Spider Ride

No go for Lisa & me this year.  Everything that cleared out for me to make it each of the last 3 years has seemed to all align right on that weekend for '14.

Keep our tent space warm...hope to see everyone for the big 20th in '15.

We missed not being there last year but we already have it on the schedule and Joane and I plan on being there.

Tony, I have yet to make it to the Spider but would sure like to make it happen this year if possible. Summer is so darn short and there is a lot to cram in!

Brian

Hope you can make it Brian. 3rd weekend of Sept. is still summer in Missouri , but is the 2nd week of winter in Minnesota.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Very close to the sad truth :mad:

Look forward to seeing everyone for my 3rd year Spider ride. Let's not forget Tony's plea for help by all getting involved. I promised Tony to take over the Saturday night dinner duties, so please pitch in to keep this great ride going.
Thanks Tony, for all you do. Now....get to Harbor Freight and start collecting those door prizes.    Al

I look forward to making my 3rd Spider ride also. You can count on me to help out Tony.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Cliff, not to highjack this thread....but. I keep hearing a rumor about a ride in April near your house in AK. Any truth to that?

IronButtAl said:
Cliff, not to highjack this thread....but. I keep hearing a rumor about a ride in April near your house in AK. Any truth to that?

Yes Al, it's true. Close to all of Arkansas best roads & only 60 miles from the Ozark National Forrest for all the dual sport riders. The best of both worlds!
They will be good friends, food, fire, camping, prizes & 50/50 drawing.

Greenbrier Arkansas April 25 - 27, watch for details coming soon.

Tony K said:
CLIFF.......Sounds like a plan. Let me know what I can do to help.

Tony

Tony, I'd love to see you show up for it, that would make my day. I'll do my best to meet the standards you've set at the Spider, at least take a good aim at them since this is my first try at hosting an event. I do have Al coaching me along. Details to come, just mark your calendar April 25-27.

Now let's get this back to the regularly scheduled programing, The Spider Ride!

Time to renew this thread

Is there interest in T shirts for this event. They would be the high tech ones like we had at the national

12 registered so far. Time to get this thing rolling. Have been promised some BIG attendance prizes this year.
REGISTRATION FORMS can be downloaded from the NC Sept calender.

Jeff, I will need an XL for myself and two size Large for the girls at the store. Let me know about payment.

Hi Tony,
I'm looking forward fo my 2nd Spider Ride, but it will be in 2015. Wedding that weekend, sonI will miss tbe 2014 Spuder Ride :'(
Greetings to all! And see you in  2015.
Jorge

Sharon and I have it on our calendar as well as Zach, Andy and Jim.  Count Sharon and I in for tshirts, the others probably interested as well!
Looking forward to it!  Been one of the best riding summers ever for us and looking forward to the great fall rides, spider, hunt for red october, etc!

2008 C14
2009 Versys

Barry will be there this year; I'm riding to South Carolina for my nephews graduation from basic training so I won't be able to make it (not enough vacation time to do both)  :(.  This will be the first one in a long time that I've missed but hope to be at next years!  Put Woods down for an XL t-shirt and just let me know the $$.  Registration is in the mail!

Wow, what a deafening silence.  Come on folks, I do my own dishes and can do my own laundry if the machine is at least 20 or so years old.  I will probably ride the KLR and try to be there early and stay late. 

BUMP !  One month away. I just spent the afternoon organizing the supply's into tote bins. Twenty signed up at this date.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Just one more week to get the early registration discount. Forms can be printed off the NC event calender.
Got 30 registered to date. See you in two weeks and two days.

T shirts are in the works
This is initial order
2 XXL
7 XL
7 L
5 M

This should cover everyone who spoke up with some extras

These will be the moisture wicking kind short sleeve

2fast said:
Great! I think I paid $8 for my last concert shirt. I think it was the kinks.

You better sell that shirt its worth $49.00 on Ebay

Attachments

• $_57 (Medium).JPG
    $_57 (Medium).JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 97
denisebandbarryw said:
I will probably ride the KLR and try to be there early and stay late.

I am thinking about riding the KLR also, haven't decided yet. 

MizzouMike said:
Put me down as 'interested' in T-Shirts too

By the way I am a 2XL  ... I need it for the extra "length"  :great:

hey Jeff put me down for a 2xl my physique isn't flattering enough for a single xl :)
thanks.
Tony check/registration in the mail.

Great seeing Tony and Cliff at Run With the Wolf in Suches, GA. Came home to finish systems rebuild on the C10 and swap out bikes. Seems I'm more of a speed hound than I thought, and even though I enjoy riding the KLR, having to ride slab to make it to all the events isn't as much fun on the thumper. Asking Eddie Minter to fashion a 250K mileage sticker has me back on the old girl. See everyone soon at the Spider.

All that work to make it to see you Al.

Anyway Tony, Cliff it was great seeing you guys as well. We discussed Spider at Suches and next week unfortunately clinches it. I'm in Georgia next week as well. Wife suggested I just stay down here this weekend as well. Not a good sign.
Hope the Spider comes off with flying colors! Hopefully next year!
Next ride will probably be Moonshine

There's nobody that can give me a bunch of crap like Rick, and I love him for that. Sorry I forgot to mention you buddy. It WAS great to see you.....as always. Thanks for the special beers at the fire. Bummer I won't see you at the Spider, but maybe this could be your next ride. Hell, they're coming from AR and TN just to be here. Why wouldn't you? It's right up your alley man............

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=202355&mo=11&tDate={d%20%272014-11-10%27}

Hello All, Mitch from Kentucky here - it'll be my first year attending the ride - looking forward to it!  :great:

( Tony - Thanks for the hospitality and information -C-ya-all next weekend.)

IronButtAl said:
There's nobody that can give me a bunch of crap like Rick, and I love him for that. Sorry I forgot to mention you buddy. It WAS great to see you.....as always. Thanks for the special beers at the fire. Bummer I won't see you at the Spider, but maybe this could be your next ride. Hell, they're coming from AR and TN just to be here. Why wouldn't you? It's right up your alley man............

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=202355&mo=11&tDate={d%20%272014-11-10%27}

Luv ya to brother! I forgot to put a smiley winky face on that post! oops ;)

Just got back from GA 1am this morning. Back in Columbus GA Monday dang it :mad:

Holy Crap !  This looks to be the biggest "Spider" ever. Close to 50 pre registered. Weather is looking great !
Highs---Upper 70's      Lows-----Upper 50's            40% chance of rain Saturday night (low 65 )          30% Sunday
We have an plenty of picnic tables but will be short on camp fire chairs. If you can pack one,it would help.
I'll get there about 9:30 AM Thur.    See Ya !

I will pack all the campfire chairs I have. Great to see the big turn out.

We hope to be there noon on Thursday. 

I'll pack my chair. Let me know what I can do to help Tony, I may ride up on Wed. For sure early Thurs. afternoon.

Hey Rick, sorry you can't be there we'll miss ya. But on the bright just more fireball for us  :nananana:!

Cliff    :beerchug:

Just Cliff said:
I'll pack my chair. Let me know what I can do to help Tony, I may ride up on Wed. For sure early Thurs. afternoon.

Hey Rick, sorry you can't be there we'll miss ya. But on the bright just more fireball for us  :nananana:!

Cliff    :beerchug:

Let me know if you come up on Wens. If not I'll see you Thurs.
Can always use help for after supper clean up.

Can always use help for after supper clean up.

I remember Tony's plea for more help involvement last year, so all of us need to get everything done and let Tony have an easy weekend of it. I'm a pretty fair large group cook, so that's my contribution whenever needed. Many hands make for light work.....and all that stuff.
Looks like my ride will be a slog, but it's worth it to see everyone. Soon!

Wow! Sounds like it will be a great weekend. I'm only a one-timer from last year, but I really enjoyed and wish I could be there again this year. I'll just say, enjoy it and I'll see you in 2015 (don't be surprised if "we" will see you next year).
Jorge

All the supply's loaded up. I'm packed. Get ice in the morning. See ya'll at the Huzzah about 9:30 AM tomorrow.

Tony K said:
Holy Crap !  This looks to be the biggest "Spider" ever. Close to 50 pre registered. Weather is looking great !
Highs---Upper 70's      Lows-----Upper 50's           40% chance of rain Saturday night (low 65 )          30% Sunday
We have an plenty of picnic tables but will be short on camp fire chairs. If you can pack one,it would help.
I'll get there about 9:30 AM Thur.    See Ya !

OK... campfire chair and lighter weight sleeping bag is packed.....  If the Karma Police come calling, I will most likey be shivering in my tent :'(

I hope to be down before dark tomorrow evening. 

I was hoping to get out late Thursday, but that idea is not working out.  Leaving early on Friday morning so I hope to be there mid afternoon. See ya there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thore said:
Hello All, Mitch from Kentucky here - it'll be my first year attending the ride - looking forward to it!  :great:

( Tony - Thanks for the hospitality and information -C-ya-all next weekend.)

Awesome Thore ............Glad to see you are out there ....kinda worried cause I had not seen you here.  I really should have brought the COnnie down to Lex to see OHIO get their arse handed to them by the Football Cats.

Maybe figure out a ride down your way in October.

Actually I am heading over to OHIO this weekend. Either going to Kawigirl's Ohio River ride of Pokey's run in Millersport. Watching the Calendar to see who signs up. Just happy to see Thore back on here. Laurie will be over here in October ,we need to get a ride in the second weekend. SO many rides so littel time

Here are my photos from the Spider Ride.  I hope everyone made it home safe :motonoises:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117964629823874914239/albums/6061588105513906241

A big thanks to Tony & everyone that help put this ride on. I had a great time as always! Good to see old friends & make some new ones.

Nice pictures Mike, to bad you had to leave so soon.

First time for me & Cindy @ the Spider Ride but won't be our last. What a great event! Many, many thanks to Tony and all the others who put this together  :You_Rock_Emoticon:. Great folks, great location,  :) incredible roads  :motonoises: all combine to  make for a terrific rally. It's no wonder that the Spider Ride has been going on for 19 years!  If you've never been, you should come. If you've been before, you know what I mean. Clearly the best kept secret in the mid-USA.  Thanks again Tony et.al.! It was unforgettable. :great:

Quite the assortment of bikes! Looks like the weather gods were good to everyone! :great:
Sorry I missed  out on this

We had 53 registered from 14 states. It was a rain and bear free weekend. There were 37 there on Thursday evening.
Thanks to all who pitched in to help and made the effort to attend. See ya next time.

It was my first time attending the event and all I can say is ( OUTSTANDING ) great location, wonderful blacktop & the best bunch of people anyone could meet. I'll absolutely be back next year, might even give a try at camping which isn't typical for me at all. (Stayed at the Hilton this time around)

Tony & Company - Thank You for the Hospitality -

Kevin & Larry- Thanks for dragging me around with you all- what a blast...

Mitch (That Light-Bulb Salesman for KY - To funny)  :)

Well I can also add that it was a spectacular event. I will also reiterate "join for the bike stay for the people" I had some great people looking out for me during my unscheduled get :mad: off and it really pleased my wife to know that you take care of people in the group with out really knowing them. As for me I am still sore but progressing unfortunately insurance on the other guy doesn't look to be coming thru.  :'( Chin up and plow ahead. Thanks Tony for  a great time and sorry we didn't stay for the final festivities...

Cobber..... So glad you are mostly OK. I hope to hear the story of your dealings with the Ins. system.

Al...........Thanks for your support. Hope you enjoyed WV.

Hoping Leo will have his photo's ready next week.