• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2014 SW Regional Fall Rally- Graeagle, CA - September 12-14, 2014

TxSkiGuy

Bicycle
********** UPDATED WITH CURRENT INFO ON MAY 22, 2014 - August 22nd cutoff for T-Shirts!! *************

The Fall 2014 COG SW Area Regional Rally - the Scenic Sierra Scramble - will be held in Graeagle, CA on September 12-14, 2014.

We will be based at the River Pines Resort in Graeagle, and have (almost) the entire resort reserved for the Concours Owners Group.  Contact the River Pines directly at (530) 836-2552 to reserve rooms, and mention COG (or Randy Brazie) to get our room block.  Rates are as posted on the River Pines web site (starting at $85, varies by room type).

The River Pines Lodging info is here.  You must call to reserve a room (no web booking).
www.riverpines.com/lodging.htm

We will have live music on both Friday and Saturday evenings, featuring local performers Karl Larson and Tuck Wilson.

A Barbeque dinner will be help on Saturday evening, catered by Neighbors BBQ.

Suggested rides will be posted shortly, and will include locations such the old west town of Virginia City, NV and Lassen Volcanic National Park.  Some scenic routes into Graeagle are west to east on CA 70 up the Feather River Canyon, northwest on CA 89 from Truckee, or if coming East on I-80 from the Sacramento area, take Route 49 through Grass Valley and Downieville, and over Gold Lake Highway to Graeagle when you get to Bassett's Station.

Some vistas in the Area, including Lassen and Virginia City
https://vimeo.com/95304624

Route 49 - On list of Best Motorcycle Roads in California
http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/motorbike-rides-in-united-states-/california-/ca-49--calpine-_ab5811.html

A dual-sport ride will also be held on Saturday, taking in many of the great forest roads and trails in the area.  So if you have a street-legal dual sport bike, BRING IT along to participate.

Slide show of Dual Sport Riding
https://vimeo.com/86865036

IMPORTANT NOTE: You MUST register by August 22nd to receive a rally T-shirt!  NO EXCEPTIONS!  So don't delay!!

Randy Brazie
NorCal and N. Nevada AAD

SW WHAAAAATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! :great: Things are shakin and breakin. I'll be there!  :)

My plan is to be there as well.  I have made that long, straight and incredibly boring wonderfully exciting ride across the top of Nevada on several occasions.  :-[  I may have to decrease the commute time and increase the dopamine release on the way by bringing the CBR.  :motonoises:  Have a new tire there waiting for me would ya'?!!!

I'm thinkin' on it - but it's sooo boring between here and Burkey's place.....
If only there was some way to tune out my mind for those eight or nine hours....

notsluggo said:
I'm thinkin' on it - but it's sooo boring between here and Burkey's place.....
If only there was some way to tune out my mind for those eight or nine hours....
Make a shot for a Bun Burner 1000. Make it a group run kinda like a santa run. :) I know Mike had dreams.

I wonder if work will give me any more time off after my month run to the Nationals. Gonna have to keep this on my radar.

Randy and Mark, I am available for any assistance needed. Just 35 min. Fron Greagle. Beautiful riding area. Nothing but great twisties, few cars and great scenery.

I think we will have a group of at least 5 coming.......Love that area up there! Should also be a great ride up and back!  :motonoises:  :great:

Rusty said:
I think we will have a group of at least 5 coming.......Love that area up there! Should also be a great ride up and back!  :motonoises:  :great:

Will be great to get some SoCal folks to the North!!  >:D :))

chrly said:
I am a couple of hours from Graeagle if you need anything done onsite..

Thanks, Charley!  Appreciate the offer.  I'll let you know.  Where are you located?  :great:

Steamer said:
Randy and Mark, I am available for any assistance needed. Just 35 min. Fron Greagle. Beautiful riding area. Nothing but great twisties, few cars and great scenery.

Thanks, Stan.  Appreciate the offer to help.  I'm SURE I'll take you up on that.  There IS this job that involves a LOT of cutting and pasting, Right, Mark Hartman?!?!    :)) :rotflmao: :nananana:

Randy Brazie said:
Steamer said:

Thanks, Stan.  Appreciate the offer to help.  I'm SURE I'll take you up on that.  There IS this job that involves a LOT of cutting and pasting, Right, Mark Hartman?!?!    :)) :rotflmao: :nananana:
CTRL C and CTRL P. :beerchug:

Randy Brazie said:
chrly said:
I am a couple of hours from Graeagle if you need anything done onsite..

Thanks, Charley!  Appreciate the offer.  I'll let you know.  Where are you located?  :great:
At the intersection of Highways 70 and 162 :)  called Oroville...

That sounds like fun. I think I will be able to make it.

Attachments

• Warning.jpg
    Warning.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 126
This is one Bruce who is planning to do this.  Any idea when lodging options will be announced?  If its in the thread already, I certainly did not see it.  >:D

Hope to have details (including lodging) posted on the COG Calendar in the next couple of days!!  I will update here also once I do that.

Randy

By the way, I'm bringing my brother-in-law who will be on his MotoGuzzi Stelvio NTX so we can all “oooooo” and “ahhhhhh” or make fun of his as we please.

Hi Randy;
I made reservations today, for two, at The River Pines Resort for Sept 12-14th.
See you all at Graeagle.
  Brent
COG #9917.

denver6 said:
This is one Bruce who is planning to do this.  Any idea when lodging options will be announced?  If its in the thread already, I certainly did not see it.  >:D
Bruce - what are your date thoughts / plans for this?  I've got nuthin' scheduled for autumn.

notsluggo said:
denver6 said:
Bruce - what are your date thoughts / plans for this?  I've got nuthin' scheduled for autumn.

I've got nothing' so far. I did Google map it and it does look like a looonnnnggg ride - a long straight ride.  If possible, I was thinking two days - but they would be long uneventful days.  I-70 straight to US 50?  Overnight in Delta, UT?  I don't really see anything else unless we take a more scenic route over more days.  :'( 

Or take the same route over more days?  We could re-visit the one-armed hotel manager in Green River.  Then stop again in Austin, NV.  Head into Graeagle the next morning.

Thoughts?  ???

denver6 said:
I've got nothing' so far. I did Google map it and it does look like a looonnnnggg ride - a long straight ride.  If possible, I was thinking two days - but they would be long uneventful days.  I-70 straight to US 50?  Overnight in Delta, UT?

Thoughts?  ???
I've taken that exact route - in a car.  Ex woke up during one stretch and asked how fast I was going. 120 I said.  Don't get a ticket - as she fell back to sleep.  In September, it'll be warm too...
Geez, I don't know. 
Burkey is heading out of SLC - so a group could easily be formed.
Let me noodle some more.

notsluggo said:
I've taken that exact route - in a car.  Ex woke up during one stretch and asked how fast I was going. 120 I said.  Don't get a ticket - as she fell back to sleep.  In September, it'll be warm too...
Geez, I don't know. 
Burkey is heading out of SLC - so a group could easily be formed.
Let me noodle some more.

What day would you Bruces plan on arriving in Graeagle?

Lemme look it up. I ran Cedar City over to Ely NV across into Reno and it was pretty decent off the slab. We CANNOT have a regional w/o the Bruces. There is a precedent and we have certain standards to uphold.  :beerchug:

This afternoon Gottaride and I went on a recon mission, seeing as we cannot make the fall rally. paid a visit to Graeagle. not sure how a horde of riders will effect this metropolis.

Attachments

• town limit.JPG
    town limit.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 121
I'm trying to register, but the payment page is insisting on a billing phone number and will not let me submit my registration. The only problem is, I HAVE entered my phone number.  Any suggestions on how to get that payment page to work?  Is there a secret handshake or something?  I have tried every phone number format I can think of just in case it was a formatting thing. Did not make a difference.  :mad:

denver6 said:
I'm trying to register, but the payment page is insisting on a billing phone number and will not let me submit my registration. The only problem is, I HAVE entered my phone number.  Any suggestions on how to get that payment page to work?  Is there a secret handshake or something?  I have tried every phone number format I can think of just in case it was a formatting thing. Did not make a difference.  :mad:

Had the exact same problem with Chrome.  Tried IE and it worked just fine.  Here's some other tips....

>>>>>>

Why does my online payment fail?

If you are having issues with paying online, please try the following before your contact our IT Officer:

• Try a different browser, IE, Chrome, Firefox in many cases this will resolve the issue.
Sometimes cookies or cached copies of the page can interfere with the payment processing.
• Try making the payment from a different PC/laptop.
It may be that firewall, antivirus, or security settings on the PC are the issue.
• Try making the payment on a different network home/office.
Sometimes network, proxy, or other security settings block the connection.

In some cases clearing the cache of the page (Ctrl Refresh, or Ctrl Shift Refresh) may fix the problem, or by deleting any cookies related to cog-online.org may resolve the problem. However I suggest you try the other solutions first..

<<<<<<<

Mike

Thanks Mark - I was able to complete the registration with Firefox.  All registered now!  Hotel reservations tomorrow.

denver6 said:

Had the same problem registering today while using Google Chrome.  Changed browser to IE and all went fine.  I'm in.  ;D

Hey Bill/Bruce - have you decided if you are in on this one yet?

MikeB - this Bruce would like to be in Graeagle before the Friday 2PM start time.  I might would even want to get there on Thursday. What are your arrival plans?

denver6 said:
MikeB - this Bruce would like to be in Graeagle before the Friday 2PM start time.  I might would even want to get there on Thursday. What are your arrival plans?

D6/Bruce,  I'm kinda liking the Thursday thang and would totally be in for that.  If I'm gonna go all that way, across the NV desert...  :-[ ,  I'd like to get in an extra day of riding while there.

*edited*:    I just added the 11th to my room reservations.  :great:

Mike

MikeB said:
denver6 said:
Reservations made. Arriving on the 11th! Any other Bruces heading to Graeagle this fall?  :) :) :) :)

Rob,

Let me know about a route when you've settled on one.

Mike

Mike this is on the warm burner for me keep me in the loop ok?

Updated the main post above.  The cutoff for Registration, IF YOU WANT A T-SHIRT, is now August 22!  So register early and often!!

Thanks!
Randy

I am planning on being there. It is quite a ride from SoCal so will likely come up a day or two early. Anyone else from SoCal or even Central Cal want to hook up and ride, let me know.

Ladybandit said:
I am planning on being there. It is quite a ride from SoCal so will likely come up a day or two early. Anyone else from SoCal or even Central Cal want to hook up and ride, let me know.
Cyhthia we will have a group going! So glad you will be able to go!  Talk to you soon.  :motonoises:

I registered some time ago.  Having never attended an official rally, will I receive anything by USPS or by email, or do I just show up?

MJinCP said:
I registered some time ago.  Having never attended an official rally, will I receive anything by USPS or by email, or do I just show up?
You will receive an email confirming your registration and then you just show up.

MJinCP said:

Mike, the attendee list shows that you're signed up (see Gumby's link above).

Just registered today. Have not been able to book a room. Every time I call I get the voicemail and no return call. If anyone wants to share a room I am open to that also.

Payed my monies got a camping cabin reserved,talked wife into bringing car.That way I can visit instead of passing like ships in the night.How much is it for just the Saturday night meal.Or does she get a 2xl male shirt(for me) also. The wizard

MJinCP said:
You should also get a reminder email. C U There!

The Wizard said:
Payed my monies got a camping cabin reserved,talked wife into bringing car.That way I can visit instead of passing like ships in the night.How much is it for just the Saturday night meal.Or does she get a 2xl male shirt(for me) also. The wizard
Cost is the same (for the whole weekend or just Sat night) Wiz if you have her registered. I'll be bringing your Prescott stuff up too. C U There!

Cynthia,
I sent you an email and also an IM on the COG site.  I will assist you in getting in touch with the folks at River Pines if needed.  Let me know!!
Randy

Ladybandit said:
Just registered today. Have not been able to book a room. Every time I call I get the voicemail and no return call. If anyone wants to share a room I am open to that also.

The SCENIC SIERRA SCRAMBLE is only about 6 weeks away. What other COG event have you gone to with live music every night, a dual sport ride, massages available on arrival day, and great riding in the Sierra mountains?! DON'T MISS IT!!! Sign up NOW!

Randy Brazie

Attachments

• ELWELL.jpg
    ELWELL.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Clio.jpg
    Clio.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 99
Ooh …ooh…ooh Hey Old Man, just found out that I may be able to flee Washington early (leaving Sept. 12th) catch the red eye to San Diego and Saturday knock out a quick 620 miles to make the Graeagle Rally on Saturday the 13th!.....hummmm, thinking…thinking

Randy Brazie said:
The SCENIC SIERRA SCRAMBLE is only about 6 weeks away.

Uhh, Randy... check your calendar. I make it about 8 weeks out, September 12-14. Wouldn't want you to be there by yourself wondering where everyone is.  :))

You may be thinking of the deadline to get a t-shirt? That's five weeks out.

Hey Old Man! Where do you find these guys?  :rotflmao:

Cream of the crop JP. Couldn't do anything without these folks. You should know. Your one of 'em  ;)

JP, it's that new math, don't ya know?!  I got a TWO MONTH warning from my mgmt team, and then was told I was late in responding so I figured it MUST be about 6 weeks by now!!  :) 

But it's all good!  Just trying to shake it up, and get some folks registered for what will be the BEST RALLY OF THE YEAR!! 

:beerchug: :mad:  :))

Randy

Starting route planning. Want to leave from Hendo Thurs morn and make it up there Thurs night. Anyone passing up from AZ stop by. Or So Cal, UT meet in Lone Pine or other points North?

Old Man and Friends if you need a place to stay Thursday night I have a cottage on my property that you could use. Two separate beds, floor space, kitchen, etc.
We are about 40 minutes to Greyeagle on county roads.

Thanks Stan. Any other from the South folks want to make plans? Up to 33. Get in now or lose your shirt (No really, No FREE shirt for the late registrants!) :motonoises: :great: :beerchug:

Up to 40! Looking like another epic event. Don't do this  :-[. Tick Tock time to ROK!

This WILL be the best Rally EVER!!  Rumor is there will a couple of kegs waiting for weary travelers on Friday!  In ADDITION to massages being available!!  Register NOW!!

Randy Brazie said:
This WILL be the best Rally EVER!!  Rumor is there will a couple of kegs waiting for weary travelers on Friday!  In ADDITION to massages being available!!  Register NOW!!
Not supplied by COG though.

Generously donated by someone I know.  :)  Of course, for AFTER the bikes are parked for the night!!

Randy

Denver6 (aka...Bruce#RJ), out of Colorado, and I will be departing from SL,UT (as we like to call it)  ;D  early Thursday morning, September 11th.  Our route will be due west on I-80 so that Bruce can take in the Salt Flats, once we hit Wendover we'll head south on 93 to Ely and then across Nevada on The Loneliest Highway (50).  From there?  Not sure exactly.  Probably depends on how we feel.  Even the shortest route to Graeagle out of Fernley will make it a 620 mile day.

So, if you're out of CO, UT or Northern NV and would like to tag along....please get in touch with me or Denver6 here within this thread.  Mind you, this will put you in into Graeagle the night BEFORE the rally actually starts.

Mike

MikeB said:
Denver6 (aka...Bruce#RJ), out of Colorado, and I will be departing from SL,UT (as we like to call it)  ;D  early Thursday morning, September 11th.  Our route will be due west on I-80 so that Bruce can take in the Salt Flats, once we hit Wendover we'll head south on 93 to Ely and then across Nevada on The Loneliest Highway (50).  From there?  Not sure exactly.  Probably depends on how we feel.  Even the shortest route to Graeagle out of Fernley will make it a 620 mile day.

So, if you're out of CO, UT or Northern NV and would like to tag along....please get in touch with me or Denver6 here within this thread.  Mind you, this will put you in into Graeagle the night BEFORE the rally actually starts.

Mike

I did a 480+ mile loop on Saturday just to try to get warmed up for a 620 mile day.  But I did not factor in the negative aspect of long, straight, lonely roads.  I did my loop in the beautiful Rocky Mountains, so it may not be comparable.  :mad:

denver6 said:
I did a 480+ mile loop on Saturday just to try to get warmed up for a 620 mile day.  But I did not factor in the negative aspect of long, straight, lonely roads.  I did my loop in the beautiful Rocky Mountains, so it may not be comparable.  :mad:

"There is no pain, you are receding
A distant ship smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain, you would not understand
This is not how I am
I have become comfortably numb."      :eek:

OK, if you have NOT signed up, DO IT NOW!!!  The clock is ticking!!  :))

You MUST register by August 22nd to get the AWESOME Rally T-shirt (Thanks, Mike Burkey!).  Also, the River Pines Resort will release any unused rooms in our block on 8/22.  So DON'T DELAY!!! 

Randy

:beerchug:  Oh yea, and we will have some beer awaiting on arrival day (after the bikes are parked).  NOT sponsored by COG (OK, Mark?!). 

Looks like we have 43 so far for the SSS.  All right!!  Let's get over 50!    :)) :great: :beerchug: :)
Who is planning on riding in the dual-sport ride, and what will you be riding?
Randy

Well im gonna call tomorrow this sounds like a lot of fun I need to come to more of these events does anyone know what weather could be like September's can be either way hot or cool this looks like to be in the hills could be colder
Looks like good times

Randy Brazie said:
Oh yea, and we will have some beer awaiting on arrival day (after the bikes are parked).  NOT sponsored by COG (OK, Mark?!).
Lemme check with corporate.  :)

Ok I called to reserve a room and they said that they were full till I told them I was with the cog group, then they said all that was left was rooms with king beds I really wanted two beds
So ill probably take the king but if anyone wants to trade that would be ok

I got a call with this question, so I figured I would clarify here also.  First, the rally prices are per person.  Each person gets a T-shirt, dinner, live music, an entry in the drawing, etc.  Member rates ($35 for this Rally) are for paid COG members, and it's $40 for guests.  If you are a current COG member, and your significant other is an associate Member, you can both register at the Member rate.  If you are a forum member only, you will need to register at the guest rate of $40 (and I think this is the only option you will get). 

Register VERY SOON (by August 22) to get the VERY nice SSS T-shirt!

Randy

ALL RIGHT!!!  We are at 47 attendees for the Sierra Scenic Scramble!  2 more yesterday (about time Mr. Pavlis!).  :) 
Just 2 more days!  Don't Delay if you want one of those awesome Rally T-Shirts!  REGISTER NOW!!
:beerchug:
Randy Brazie    :))

This mornings total is at 51.  The TripleR, Prescott and now the SSS have all had over 50 attendees.  SWR is rocking the rallies.  Way to go Gentlemen!!  :great:

MikeB said:
This mornings total is at 51.  The TripleR, Prescott and now the SSS have all had over 50 attendees.  SWR is rocking the rallies.  Way to go Gentlemen!!  :great:
Way to GO SW Area! Another milestone is 2 regional rally's in 1 year. How long has it been since that happened?  :great:

MikeB said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
Way to GO SW Area! Another milestone is 2 regional rally's in 1 year. How long has it been since that happened?  :great:

At last count...............no less than 1.578e+8 seconds.  :-[

Mike
Damned Math.  :smiley_confused1: